mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Any good riding around Palm Springs?

Hey all, I'm going to be down around Palm Springs over the holiday break...any good riding? XC or even freeride/ Dh, but any and all is prefered....I'm also bringing my 10 and 7 year old Boys that can handle beginner level XC trails. If anyone knows of stuff that won't take all day, that's be cool, thanks and have a great holiday...HS

destination unknown
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings Shade
    Hey all, I'm going to be down around Palm Springs over the holiday break...any good riding? XC or even freeride/ Dh, but any and all is prefered....I'm also bringing my 10 and 7 year old Boys that can handle beginner level XC trails. If anyone knows of stuff that won't take all day, that's be cool, thanks and have a great holiday...HS
    Lots of good riding. The kids might do good in the La Quinta Cove. That place is small and not really any climbs. Leave the kids at home for the Goat Trails, Dunn Road, Art Smith, etc. I can give some directions if you send a PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Any idea if Hurkey Creek is rideable right now? Not sure if there's been any/much snow up there yet. I'm hoping to make it up there soon. Thanks.

If you were to go to Hurkey Creek with your boys, the first 2 miles or so of the 24 hour course is pretty good for anyone. I see lots of people of beginning abilities take it up a couple miles and turn around and come back the down the same way they went up. I'm pretty sure you can get maps from the ranger when you pay the park entry fee.