I'm disrespectful to dirt

Any good Arrowhead rides?

Hey all,

I'm heading up to Lake Arrowhead with a few friends for the weekend. Anything worth checking out while we're up there? It's a mixed group of 4-5 people with varying experience, so I don't want to get into anything technical or epic, just some nice day rides on fire roads and light singletrack. Let me know if there's any other good resources too, as I only found 1 Lake Arrowhead entry in Trail Reviews.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

OHV area

Try to grab a forestry map. There is an OHV area on the north side of the lake. Take hwy 173 toward Hesperia (around the north side of the lake) until it turns to dirt. The first right turn you can make heads up to the parking area and a good place to stage from. I think a good one would be to head south from the parking area up a small hill then stay to your left at the junctions until you come to a most difficult trail. This trail should give you an idea of what's in the area. From here there are miles of signed trails but be warned there can be lots of OHV traffic on the weekends.

Todd