Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    I eat cats
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Jeff View Post
    Yes, it is definately going to happen. Im sure it will be a work in progress for the first year. There will also be zip lines and a climbing wall as well. The idea to make SS family friendly.
    Hopefully.. Although it is nice to pull up to an empty parking lot in the "off-season".. I grew up riding SS on my skis then board then MTB after that. I might just have to get a season pass again if they go through with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CannondaleF9 View Post
    You see, I don't have a single brand name in my signature because I know most bike brands and component brands 99%.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OCtrailMonkey View Post
    I keep hearing the rumors and hope they come true.. The off property trails are still fun but hopefully they bring the inbounds riding back.
    Yes, the unmarked trails are the funner ones for sure!

mtbr member
    Ok, I know its early! Cant wait for that dam snow to melt away!!!

Any new news on the proposed, or supposed building that is to hopefully take place this coming season? Someone please confirm this is going to happen! I just picked up a Knolly Delirium dam it!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    There is confirmation, on my part, that cannot be confirmed......I know that sounds uncommited, but my sources would like to keep it that way.
    The Skyline Trail is well under way, 3.5 miles, of proposed 15 miles of awesome singletrack is already cut, but its going to be and hopefully stay more XC orientated, since it is a multi-use trail, with small climbs, flats and small DH's. I had the opportunity to ride the unfinished cut sections a few times before the snow and have to say that, if the rest of the trail is like the first 3.5 miles, we are going to have a world class trail up here...something long over due.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Any idea if upper fall line and Colin bailey are going to be restored? I heard they got trashed by our friends in the forest service...

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    The Forest service is trying to close some of the horribly cut illegal trails, the ones that may be fun, but cause lots of damage from run off, although I haven't ridden upper Fall line this past year, I heard that they are restoring it, but I dont know exactly what that means.
    With the Bike Park opening....you really wont miss some of those off mountain trails anyway, which will be safer for other trail users anyway.....cant count the close calls I've had with some idiot who rides fast pass other users.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Good point...I guess I am a bit cynical about the park happening until I actually see it...

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Jeff, can you elaborate more on the "bike park"? Are they actually going to allow bikes to go down the ski slopes or are we still going to have to go into the National Forest? Hopefully it will be a little more DH friendly.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Yes, the bike park, if everything gets the green light, will have all types of trails on the mountain, including dh trails and northshore type bridges, ramps and ladders. The masterplan is to have a pump track, possibly a bmx trail, also for non riding folks, zip lines and climbing walls.
    I'm hoping as well as most of the riders up here hope this all happens, but we will all believe it when we see it.

mtbr member
    It HAS to be dh friendly or else what's the point?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Are there any planned meetings coming up to discuss this? I would hope so as they need to have a plan in place to make something happen this summer. Is the park going to be solely owned by Summit or will the NFS be in the mix? Anytime government is involved, it slows the process down.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    It will be a Snow Summit thing but they have to get permits from the forstry, just like any other entity using public land. There are no public discussions, as none are needed, the team at SS has tons of experience in this field and have travelled all over looking at other existing parks, including Whistler.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Jeff View Post
    It will be a Snow Summit thing but they have to get permits from the forstry, just like any other entity using public land. There are no public discussions, as none are needed, the team at SS has tons of experience in this field and have travelled all over looking at other existing parks, including Whistler.
    Anything new Jeff? Opening weekend dates, build info etc...

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I have not heard of an official opening day but I would guess mid May, since there is still snow on the mountain. I will keep everyone posted as I hear any news

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Snow Summit and Bear Mountain are now closed for the 2012/13 ski and snowboard season, however summer activities are right around the corner! In addition to the Sky Chair and Golf Course, we have some exciting changes in store including new purpose-built bike trails and a 1,050 foot zipline.

The Snow Summit Scenic Sky Chair is scheduled to open weekends only beginning May 25th and daily beginning June 15th. The Bear Mountain Golf Course and Driving Range is scheduled to open May 17th, however the Pro Shop will be open for season pass sales beginning May 13th.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Great place. Pretty sure this is going to be an annual trip for me. That elevation was brutal but helped when I got back to sea level.

fly on the wall
    Nov 2010
    Anybody know whether Fall Line is open? I heard rumors that Upper Fall Line was blocked off this summer for some reason.
    ~Always avoid alliteration.

Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NearlyFr...ew=0&flow=grid

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Both Upper and Lower Fall line are open, but please, if your not going to ride inside SS, please respect the other trail users, hikers, bikers and equestrians, I had too many close calls by some morons, who for some reason, cant or wont give the right a way to uphill riders and hikers. My 10 year son and I have almost been plowed into a few times, if it happens( getting hit), Im going to stick their full face helmets and Gopro up their arses with their heads still in them, maybe that would make the Gopro video of the week. Sorry to rant, but its happened too many times, we are trying to make Big Bear an awesome bike riding destination again, lots of hard work by lots of people, dont need anyone to screw it up.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Any Big Bear Info

Quote Originally Posted by Zuarte View Post
    Anybody know whether Fall Line is open? I heard rumors that Upper Fall Line was blocked off this summer for some reason.
    Opening day the upper was closed.

fly on the wall
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Island20v View Post
    Opening day the upper was closed.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    ~Always avoid alliteration.

Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NearlyFr...ew=0&flow=grid

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4