Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Just another Homer
    Reputation: Pain Freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    741

    Another stolen bike....


    Worse possible thing that could happen to me outside of a death or major illness in my family. My beloved bike was stolen. Some how, some low life thief's or thief were able to get into my garage and they made off with it. Here's a picture but the fork was changed along with the wheelset. It's a 2007 Turner FiveSpot Silver
    Fork is a PIKE 454
    Wheels are DT Swiss 440
    Brakes are Magura FR's with white hose
    Seat is a WTB Stealth
    Race Face Cranks
    Thompson Seat post and stem
    Its a small with a DHX 5.0 rear shock
    This is not the DWLink but the TNT suspension.
    If anybody hears or see's something please let me know.
    I may not be as good as I once was.
    But I'm as good once, as I ever was.
    Toby Keith

  2. #2
    Life Is Short
    Reputation: fatcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,759
    That sucks. Wasn't that your only mtb now that you do a lot of road riding?
    Filing for home insurance sucks too, because then your premiums go up as well.
    But I guess you have to, since Turners don't grow on trees. I've been down this road
    before as I had TWO bikes stolen out of my garage at the same time! A USA-made '05 Santa Cruz Bullet and vintage 1994 made in USA Raleigh hard tail.

    Barn door now closed after the cows got out but I now cable lock my bikes in the garage.

    Mike I hope you recover it
    Ride More, Eat More

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: slowrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,691

    Add text

    Sorry to hear about your bike, you need a freind to watch them for you when your not at home.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Another stolen bike....-dsc00801.jpg  

    Last edited by slowrider; 02-26-2013 at 09:35 AM. Reason: wrong pic

  4. #4
    Just another Homer
    Reputation: Pain Freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    That sucks. Wasn't that your only mtb now that you do a lot of road riding?
    Filing for home insurance sucks too, because then your premiums go up as well.
    But I guess you have to, since Turners don't grow on trees. I've been down this road
    before as I had TWO bikes stolen out of my garage at the same time! A USA-made '05 Santa Cruz Bullet and vintage 1994 made in USA Raleigh hard tail.

    Barn door now closed after the cows got out but I now cable lock my bikes in the garage.

    Mike I hope you recover it
    No, of course not. I have a few other bikes but this was my pride and joy and was dialed in to my riding perfectly. It was my prized possession.
    I may not be as good as I once was.
    But I'm as good once, as I ever was.
    Toby Keith

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    93
    sorry to hear-keep an eye on craigslist.

  6. #6
    I eat cats
    Reputation: Gordon Shumway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,199
    Not sure if you have seen/used stolen bike sites like this:

    https://racklove.com/stolen-bike-finder/

    Worth a shot...

    Don't look down here...

  7. #7
    Life Is Short
    Reputation: fatcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,759
    Quote Originally Posted by OCtrailMonkey View Post
    Not sure if you have seen/used stolen bike sites like this:

    https://racklove.com/stolen-bike-finder/

    Worth a shot...
    wow thats a cool site
    Ride More, Eat More

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dirtrider127's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    327
    try searchtempest also
    San Diego needs singletrack

  9. #9
    most memberable
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by Pain Freak View Post
    No, of course not. I have a few other bikes but this was my pride and joy and was dialed in to my riding perfectly. It was my prized possession.
    You're pushin 60...and should be out looking for a good Medicaid-covered scooter and a retirement home to keep it and your other valuables safe....instead of out riding your bike at your age...that could be dangerous.

    Yes, you know me...just been a while, Mr Sweeper.

  10. #10
    Life Is Short
    Reputation: fatcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,759
    Mike, have you heard anything yet?
    Ride More, Eat More

  11. #11
    Just another Homer
    Reputation: Pain Freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    741
    Nothing found yet. Got paid by insurance but not near enough to get even close to this one.
    I may not be as good as I once was.
    But I'm as good once, as I ever was.
    Toby Keith

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •