Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Glad to Be Alive

Anodize shops in Los Angeles area

can anyone recommend a good shop for anodizing a frame in the LA area( Perferably in the San Fernando Valley??
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

34N 118W
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    can anyone recommend a good shop for anodizing a frame in the LA area( Perferably in the San Fernando Valley??
    i recently looked some up as well. I just used switchboard.com

there's a few in Burbank but I haven't tried anyone yet. Gotta just call around!

i eat rocks
    Jun 2006
    There's a place in Chatsworth on DeSoto immediately north of Prairie on the east side of the street. I can't remember the name of the place off the top of my head, but they have a sign on the street with their phone number. As a reference point, they are almost directly across the street from the TOPCO building.

Hope this helps...

EDIT: My bad, dude. I just looked it up for you and I was thinking of Andrews Powder Coating, which is... well... a powder coating place. They should be able to refer you to a local business though. Also, you may want to check out Plateronics, which is about a block away -- 818) 341-2191. They do anodizing and are in the valley, albeit the west valley. What part are you looking in? Unfortunately, I'm only really familiar with the area west of the 405
    Last edited by decepty; 06-29-2006 at 10:52 AM.

E86
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Anodize Shop in Los Angeles Area

There is a shop called Anodizing Industires. (323) 227-4916. They are located at 5222 Alhambra Ave. Los Angeles, CA. 90032. I hope this helps.

mtbr member
    CUSTOM METAL FINISHING in Gardena.
    They do TURNER's bike, too.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Are anodizing shops able to strip off an old powder coat finish and how does the anodizing look compared to a new bike? Has anyone had it done?

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by EJBlur
    Are anodizing shops able to strip off an old powder coat finish and how does the anodizing look compared to a new bike? Has anyone had it done?
    yes they can strip it but it cost more
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by decepty
    What part are you looking in?

new frame

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by alohachiimoku
    thanks..... I am using these guys because of the experiences w/bikes

FYI........also have to have a "Sicel Brush" as a prep from another shop done too

BTW they are cheap too....less than 90 bucks

mtbr member
    SMT, let us know how it goes, and post some pics.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by burner
    SMT, let us know how it goes, and post some pics.
    pictures through the whole process

a.k.a. MTBMaven
    $90 for an anodized frame? Does that include stripping paint or was the frame raw already? Seems like a great price.
    I thought of that while riding my bicycle. ~ Albert Einstein on the theory of relativity

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnfiend
    $90 for an anodized frame? Does that include stripping paint or was the frame raw already? Seems like a great price.
    my bike just was welded up....no paint or anything else on it....raw aluminum

you do have to pay some money to get polished Sicel brushed

Glad to Be Alive
    Wow Sicel brushed cost 100 bucks.......this is the prep so the bike shines better for anodizing

Mashers Only!!
    Do they do pink??

HUGH

mtbr member
    May 2006
    have it nickel plated

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    LNL Anodizing, Glen Oaks Blvd. Sun Valley
    818-768-9224
    We use them for work sometimes. Seem pretty fair on price and quality is good.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by HUGH
    Do they do pink??

HUGH
    yes................

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by alohachiimoku
    I went with the route that Turner does....I did it because there would be no surprises and they do it all the time......

First off you have to get it Sicel brushed....this makes everything smooth and takes out all the pits.........Custom Metal Finishing told me....go to Bush Polishing

Bush Polishing
    11544 Anabel Ave
    Garden Grove, Ca. 92843
    714-537-1044

Dave Bush told me it would take 5 days (most the time it takes longer........I had it the next morning....I will post pictures later......you could just clear coat and it would look very nice.

I then took it to Cus Metal Finishing........Lily and her brother are very very nice people....they shine the bike to look like Chrome and then Anodize.....very much top flight organization......they were the only company to buff it to a shine like chrome.....everywhere else near Burbank and Sunland ....didn't shine the bike.

I ended up not using Cus Metal Finishing because they didn't have the Candie Apple Red or Electric Red I wanted. Just by visiting shops and seeing what goes on. I would still have to say Custom Metal Finishing was the best shop I went to today after visting 15 shops.....

Custom Metal Coating
    17804 South Western Avenue
    Gardena 90248
    (310) 532-5075

I will probably just get it Powdercoated or just a clear coat put on it after doing the Sicel Brush....I will decide tomorrow

Glad to Be Alive
    here are the pics after Sicel Brush
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 12-27-2006 at 09:27 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Dude, totally sweet Azonic. What's amazing to me, is that with your successful pyramid scheme, that you were only able to afford a used second rate frame?

BTW, sweet mandles.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by BrahMa
    Dude, totally sweet Azonic. What's amazing to me, is that with your successful pyramid scheme, that you were only able to afford a used second rate frame?

BTW, sweet mandles.
    it's an Intense M-3...........next

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Nice, polish it out and clear anodize. Powdercoating holds up nice but, was it necessary to spend the $$ on the sicel brushing to get it powdercoated. I can see it being necessary to anodize but powedercoating is thick.

Most anodizing shops won't do the polishing stuff...that is tedious work. You have to take it to a polisher.

Either way show the pics when yer done.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnrider
    Nice, polish it out and clear anodize. Powdercoating holds up nice but, was it necessary to spend the $$ on the sicel brushing to get it powdercoated. I can see it being necessary to anodize but powedercoating is thick.

Most anodizing shops won't do the polishing stuff...that is tedious work. You have to take it to a polisher.

Either way show the pics when yer done.
    sicel brush is a must....it takes out the pits and evens stuff out for ano......now for powdercoating.....the candy colors need this and a polish (that looks like chrome).

Most shops ano or Powder tell you to get it polished for the work I wanted

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Once you get your Azonic all spruced up, you are required to drive it immediately to Palm Springs, whereupon El Jefe will be permitted to scratch it, and say "Uhhhh....sorry dude, it's no big deal".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast