Totally, and to the max.

Announcement: Western States Downieville Gathering!!!

Riders, knock on wood. This years proves to be an early year to access the High Sierras for fun and recreation. In light of this good fortune, the idea was spread around amongst some of the most colorful of MTBR regulars to host a gathering. But not just any gathering. An open embrace of a gathering, reaching far and wide to our neighboring states, inviting them to our mountain bike mecca we call Downieville, for a weekend celebration of sierra singletrack and suds, provided by the finest brewers in the West! So prepare yourself for a weekend of riding and revelry that will set the standard for what should become a phenomenal riding season!

Join us between June 8-10 at the Packer Lake Campgrounds for the Western States Downieville Summer Kickoff, sample fine microbrews and enjoy discounted shuttles, courtesy of Yuba Expeditions. There will be high-speed shuttle runs as well as guided epic XC adventures for the most hardcore of riders out there.

As all gatherings go, this will be a self-supported event. Come prepared. But don't think we won't have any tricks up our sleeves. There will be enough events along the way to make sure you have a lasting story to tell. As many of us knows, Downieville never disappoints!

We invite both the newbie and the seasoned industry veteren to join us in this all-inclusive summer event. As soon as the snow melts, the riding will begin. Let's kick it off together!

For up-to-the-date information on this event please access the official blog at:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/blog.php?do=showjournal&j=156

We'll discuss all the dirty details here including ridesharing, shuttle reservations, camping details, sponsors, raffles and anything else you may want to know!

Happy trails,

K-max
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by K-max; 03-31-2007 at 12:00 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Can't wait...Dville is on our list and now it got added twice. See you there.

mtbr member
    So Kyle, Sparty, Meatfoot, PaulB and I decided to get everyone together after the Last Barbie Camp. After seeing what a great time we had, we thought about centralizing it and getting all the western states involved. The event looks like it will be a blast. We are hoping to have some beer tasting involved too!
    If you are interested in going please let us know so we can get an estimated head count!
    Always preach the Gospel; even if you need to use words.

Mmmmmm Beer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy aka Rut
    So Kyle, Sparty, Meatfoot, PaulB and I decided to get everyone together after the Last Barbie Camp. After seeing what a great time we had, we thought about centralizing it and getting all the western states involved. The event looks like it will be a blast. We are hoping to have some beer tasting involved too!
    If you are interested in going please let us know so we can get an estimated head count!

Now that sounds like fun!!! I have to see what's up that weekend but so far so good.
    You wouldn't be in so much pain if you didn't ride like a dork!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CPATCRASH
    Now that sounds like fun!!! I have to see what's up that weekend but so far so good.
    Damn right! Pat, get the hall pass in place now, b/c this is going to be an event you will regret missing.

I'm looking forward to seeing the "Barbie Camp Crew" again, not to mention, all the epic trails @ D-ville!

Cheers-
    Scott

mtbr member

"Lickin' Forehead"

Quote Originally Posted by Burdman
    Damn right! Pat, get the hall pass in place now, b/c this is going to be an event you will regret missing.

I'm looking forward to seeing the "Barbie Camp Crew" again, not to mention, all the epic trails @ D-ville!

Cheers-
    Scott
    To quote a good friend, (those who have been to the inimitable Barbie Camp will know who) "Lickin' Forehead" to this event.

Now, I gotta get ready for Spring Barbie Camp, 5 days away, but who's counting?

Mmmmmm Beer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Burdman

Cheers-
    Scott
    I was going to Fruita the 21st of this month but now it looks like that is out. So I will plan on this.
    You wouldn't be in so much pain if you didn't ride like a dork!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CPATCRASH
    I was going to Fruita the 21st of this month but now it looks like that is out. So I will plan on this.
    Nice! I think you're going to be pretty happy that you made this event. Trails are some of the best I've ever ridden, and the NorCal & Oregon guys are a lot of fun.

That being said; now I have to find a way to make it? I have school and other commitments that I need to try and reschedule, so I can be there too.

Glad to Be Alive
    Big Bike shuttles too???
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Totally, and to the max.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    Big Bike shuttles too???
    Yes, we will have a special shuttle for freaks like this.
    Last edited by K-max; 04-11-2007 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Seriously, though. Big bikes are welcome here.

mtbr member
    Well it's looking like we have about 15 bike company sponsors and 4 beer sponsors. It's looking like there will be plenty of swag, tons of riding and lots o' beer!!!

mtbr member
    Well it's looking like we have about 15 bike company sponsors and 4 beer sponsors. It's looking like there will be plenty of swag, tons of riding and lots o' beer!!!
    Have you approached Herradura yet ?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Hey if we camp in your site do we extra swag in addition to extra beer?

Just thought I'd ask!

Totally, and to the max.
    If you camp with Andy you'll have stiff competition for the beer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by aword4you
    Hey if we camp in your site do we extra swag in addition to extra beer?
    Just thought I'd ask!
    If you camp in my site, you don't get swag because everyone else will otherwise think I'm saving it all for you.

You really think you will be able to get more beer because you are in my site? Hahahahahahaahh Haaaa-well maybe a little.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    If you camp in my site, you don't get swag because everyone else will otherwise think I'm saving it all for you.

You really think you will be able to get more beer because you are in my site? Hahahahahahaahh Haaaa-well maybe a little.
    Don't worry, I don't drink much! I get way too sick, so I stick to no more than 3 beers in a night. Don't tell anyone, but hubby's a light-weight, so he's a cheap date too

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by aword4you
    Don't worry, I don't drink much! I get way too sick, so I stick to no more than 3 beers in a night. Don't tell anyone, but hubby's a light-weight, so he's a cheap date too
    Having a consistent cheap date is most excellent.

Looking forward to this!!

mtbr member
    I believe this is a view of Sardine Lakes.
    Just a teaser!....

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I believe this is a view of Sardine Lakes.
    Just a teaser!....
    Were is Sardine Lakes?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by stingray_coach
    Were is Sardine Lakes?
    Sardine Lakes is above Bassett's about 2 or 3 miles on the way to Packer Saddle.

mtbr member
    It just keeps getting better and better!

Chris King and New Belgium Brewery just got added to the list of sponsors.

I can't wait!!!

Bionicon Rider
    Apr 2005

BIONICON is bringing Demos

Bionicon Backcountry Mountainbikes is on board to come hang out for the weekend and set up free demos for anyone who is interested in checking out the best and only On-the-Fly adjustable geometry bike.

Downieville is one of the best places in the world to experience the advantages our bikes have to offer. Variable geometry for variable trails, no compromise on the climbs or descents all with the push of our magic little button. See for yourself how easy it is to use and well it really works.

Check out Photo Johns MTBR Pro review on our Golden Willow for some third party insight, and search the forums for more comments about the bikes.

See you there and I can't wait to ride some awesome trails with you.

mtbr member
    sounds fun.......hopefully i'll be there to train on the dh course and then mark weir's reign as champ will be gone!!!!hahahaha............look out!!!!

mtbr member
    Welcome aboard! It will be great to get to meet you guys. Looking forward to trying a squishy bike too!

Quote Originally Posted by fergyrock
    Bionicon Backcountry Mountainbikes is on board to come hang out for the weekend and set up free demos for anyone who is interested in checking out the best and only On-the-Fly adjustable geometry bike.

Downieville is one of the best places in the world to experience the advantages our bikes have to offer. Variable geometry for variable trails, no compromise on the climbs or descents all with the push of our magic little button. See for yourself how easy it is to use and well it really works.

Check out Photo Johns MTBR Pro review on our Golden Willow for some third party insight, and search the forums for more comments about the bikes.

See you there and I can't wait to ride some awesome trails with you.