Its only 1" on the map!

Anderson Truck Trail Pics

[SIZE=4]Anderson Truck Trail is generally considered one of the best rain draining trails in the San Diego area so I decided to check it out today and the trail was in pretty good shape. There was some damage but from what pictures I have seen posted here there did not appear to be any new damage. The ride was more that good enough to get rid of the rain blues.

Here are a few pan shots from the day's ride

There were some wildflowers on the scene as well

Yep...this winter riding sucks! [/SIZE]
    Last edited by mtbbill; 02-13-2005 at 05:05 PM.

mtbr member
    Lupines blooming early this year.

ROBOTIC RESERVE

BILL Thanks for the Photos !

ATT looks great!
    Its nice to see that place looking green again.
    I got some questions for you... How long does it take you to climb ATT? and How far do you go before you turn around and go back?
    I have ridden there a few times but never climbed up, thought id give it a try some time (if my lungs will allow!)

A photo from a few months ago, look at the difference
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Captain's Rides
    2008 Turner 5.Spot Raw - Pushed RP23 / Pike 454 U-Turn
    2008 Turner Highline GDO - CCDB / Fox 40

mtbKneekoh

friggin awsome pics!!!

damn those are some amazing pics! captin, we have to hit att soon! if my bike wasnt messed up i would be there tomorrow! let me know when we could hit att.

Its only 1" on the map!
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Snakebite
    I got some questions for you... How long does it take you to climb ATT? and How far do you go before you turn around and go back?
    Hard to say... I got up today in about an hour, but I stopped a few times to take pictures. Today I was a little pressed for time so once I got up to the large dirt area past the old sign acoss the trail I did one of the side loops, and then headed back down. I know you can go further up the road to the "World Cup" area but I never have. More to explore for sure. Today makes only about the 3rd time I have ridden it. Living in North County, if I drive that far it is just a little further down the road to Noble and other stuff eastward so needless to say I have driven by ATT with a bike on the truck quite a few times.

"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx

the normal route

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Snakebite
    ATT looks great!
    Its nice to see that place looking green again.
    I have ridden there a few times but never climbed up, thought id give it a try some time (if my lungs will allow!)

A photo from a few months ago, look at the difference
    takes about two hours round trip give or take. Just depends on whether you stop to enjoy the sites, recover, etc.

If you park at the bottom underneath the freeway, the normal (shorter) route is to climb up to 4 corners, then take the left trail (sidewinder) back down partway, hit the main trail and climb back to 4 corners then take the right trail (no-name) back to the main trail and then take the main trail all the way back. it can be done faster by some (Waterboy) but I just get into slow and steady mode and make my way to the top.

if you climb from 4 corners up to WC, plan on adding an extra hour and a half for the climb and descent (at least for us CS dorks who can't clean much of the stuff on WC anyway). If you have Mad Skilz and can actually desxcend the obstacles on WC then it won't take that long at all.

YR

Negative Rep Points!!!!
    [SIZE=2]Outstanding photos there, Mr. Bill!![/SIZE] The panarama shots are unreal. Too bad we didn't hook up with you earlier.

We had a killer ride. I'm still working on the pics...I've got some good ones. Will post tomorrow.
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

greedy as a pig
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbbill
    "World Cup"

What part of ATT is World Cup?

Whig party member
    Thats the greenest I've ever seen it. Perfact weather too... lucky bastard