out of control only 25%

Aliso Woods and Canyon route

I'm gonna try to make it down to Aliso tomorrow around 1 or 2. I've been there twice so i dont know the trails real well. I'll be riding my new freeride bike so i want something that i can just bomb down. last time, i took the trail up to the water tower and took mathis down. it was fun and fast.
    you guys have any suggestions for a cool route? i dont mind climbing BTW.

josh

Hung Like a Lightswitch
    Feb 2004
    It depends on how much time you have. If you have 2 hrs, start at the church, go up Woods Canyon trail, take Cholla at the end (this is a be-eye-ach of a climb), then go down Rock-It (the 2nd trail on your left). If you have more time than that, go back up Cholla then down Lynx. They're both rocky (Rock-It moreso), and fun as hell. After this time, you should check out Meadows. Really fun, probably 30 semi-banked switchbacks; an awesome place to work on your turns. If you have mornings available, e-mail me. I'll show you Stairsteps so you can really check out the suspension on that bike!

Over the Hill

After the rain

I would call first, they may not be ready to open the park to bikes.

out of control only 25%

... and if we just ... cool.

Quote Originally Posted by hbfrdh1
    It depends on how much time you have. If you have 2 hrs, start at the church, go up Woods Canyon trail, take Cholla at the end (this is a be-eye-ach of a climb), then go down Rock-It (the 2nd trail on your left). If you have more time than that, go back up Cholla then down Lynx. They're both rocky (Rock-It moreso), and fun as hell. After this time, you should check out Meadows. Really fun, probably 30 semi-banked switchbacks; an awesome place to work on your turns. If you have mornings available, e-mail me. I'll show you Stairsteps so you can really check out the suspension on that bike!
    yeah, i have a lot of mornings open. I'm in grad school so i have an excuse for not working much. Yeah, I'll take you up on that ride. As for the suspension, I have 7 in both the front and rear. I launched it off a six foot bank last night and it soaked it up nicely. I'm still drooling over how fast i can take the DH.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I am not sure of your skill level, but based on your bike Stair Steps would be a good DH to check out at Aliso. It is the toughest one there imho.
    It is located on the right hand side after climbing Cholla

bert
    Rock n Road best LBS in Orange County hands down!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    This is my favorite route when I'm at Aliso. Park at the church, ride into the park. Go up Mathis to the Top of the World, go down lynx, turn left at the bottom and go up Cholla. At the top, ride over to Rockit and bomb down and ride home. For more fun take the single tracks at the bottom whenever you get the chance. Way better than those boring fire roads.

mtbr member
    my buddy and I often start from the church go out and up cholla, hitting coyote on the way. then we take meadows back down. I still havn't done any of the trails that drop off the back side cause I don't want to hike up. we just got th ebus schedule though its time to give those a try.
    AJ