mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Aliso Creek Bikeway map?

Anyone have a detailed map (or link to a map) of the Aliso Creek Bikeway path that goes from Aliso Wilderness Park all the way into the Cleveland National Forest? I am looking for something that shows turn by turn directions to plan a fun ride up the path to Cook's Corner with some friends.

The map on OCTA isn't very detailed. I just want to be sure that we can negotiate the on and off path route.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CheekiTiki
    Anyone have a detailed map (or link to a map) of the Aliso Creek Bikeway path that goes from Aliso Wilderness Park all the way into the Cleveland National Forest? I am looking for something that shows turn by turn directions to plan a fun ride up the path to Cook's Corner with some friends.

The map on OCTA isn't very detailed. I just want to be sure that we can negotiate the on and off path route.

Thanks.
    I wasn't aware there was such a path, are you talking about from Aliso Woods?
    "The most persistent principles of the universe are accident and error." -Frank Herbert

bcs
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    The route can be easily found without a map. If you are starting at aliso, just follow the bike trail north for several miles. After you cross under Moulton Pkwy, you will be in a small park. On the west side of the park is Laguna Hills Drive. Turn right, there is a bike lane in the street. Proceed a half mile or so to Paseo de Valencia. Turn left (i.e., cross PD Valencia and cross Laguna Hills Drive). The bike path follows Paseo de Valencia on the north side of the street. After about a half mile or so (before you get to Los Alisos Blvd), turn right onto the bike trail. Shortly you will come to the 5 freeway. Turn left under the freeway (not straight toward Alicia Pkwy). From here the bike trail is clear and continuous all the way to the top. When the bike trail ends at El Toro Rd, you can see Cooks Corners just ahead. Have a beer, then turn around and retrace your steps, enjoying the descending grade.
    Well, I didn't expect the Spanish inquisition...

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Here's the route with photos of every turn. Instructions are in the Gallery (top right).

http://www.geoladders.com/show_route.php?route=298