mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Aliso Chutes a blast! Is Crystal Cove any better?

Rode cholla and rock it today. And had a fun time with technical sections. Is crystal cove just as fun?

Glad to Be Alive
    nm..............
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 07-08-2012 at 12:45 AM.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jbl_91762 View Post
    Rode cholla and rock it today. And had a fun time with technical sections. Is crystal cove just as fun?
    You should try Stair Step and Car Wreck,

Junior flyer
    Jun 2010
    ^^ +1. And Mentally Sensitive, although the only thing that makes it technical is it's steepness.

El Moro has some fun trails like Rattlesnake, but you end up climbing lots of of fireroads. Laguna Coast has a bunch of fun stuff. Thanks for sharing the stoke!

BTW- If you meant going down Cholla, it's best (unless you're a novice) left as an uphill option. Lynx is just up the ridge and way more fun.
    Last edited by dirtvert; 07-06-2012 at 11:50 AM.
    Why?

Because we like the taste of freedom; because we like the smell of danger. ~ E. Abbey

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbl_91762 View Post
    If you like going down cholla, you will definitely like meadows. Its a really long flowy steep downhill. you have to ride through the neighborhood at the top to get to it. It's close to mentally sensitive.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    cholla and rockit are completely legal trails.

my typical, or favorite way to ride aliso is from the alicia parkway lot> dripping cave> coyote> up cholla> down car wreck> up cholla> down rockit>back to lot. here is the map

solid distance, ok elevation gain not too crazy, and IMHO more FUN than meadows or mentally sensitive.

parking near the park to go down meadows or mentally sensitive first then trying to hit car wreck and rockit at my current state of condition is a little rough, and i prefer not having to climb back to the car.

lynx is just way too short i think.

worry i dont have any insite on other laguna area rides.
    Juice

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Yesterday morning was a bad start. I guess trip down Rockit damaged my hanger cause as soon as we unloaded and suited upp peddle 50' and SNAP goes hanger and bent chain!!! Thank God performance cycle had my hanger in stock! So up n running for PM ride. Kids crazy idea to go up Meadows to Car Wreck! I hiked it most of the way cause m out of shape, but my kids get a bad feeling once we started 300 yards down CW. So we turned around! Tough on them cause they have HT. so we bombed down rock it again, but thanks gents and we will b back down to ride this area again!