Front Range, Colorado

African Lion sighting........

See how rumors get spread, "I swear it was a Mountain Lion not a Bobcat". For those that don't get the inside joke check this out. This scare happened in Colorado Springs this past weekend.
    http://www.9news.com/news/article.as...3&provider=top
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 07-15-2008 at 12:58 PM. Reason: better title

No known cure
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE,
    See how rumors get spread, "I swear it was a Mountain Lion not a Bobcat". For those that don't get the inside joke check this out. This scare happened in Colorado Springs this past weekend.
    I saw this today on a bathroom door at Lake Silverwood and thought "WTF?" Then looked over my shoulder. Moe looks menacing but I think I could take him.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

Team Chilidog!
    Unfortunately, here in NorCal, we had someone who said they were attacked by mountain lion, but they couldn't be substantiated. No wonder the guy isn't going public with his identity.

http://forums.mtbr.com/california-norcal/mountain-lion-attack-foothills-park-432267-post4668715.html
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

mtbr member
    Vader, you could definately take that punka$$ monkey.

Trying a little
    chimps are wimps.
    until they chew your extremeties off.

I never apologize. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader
    I saw this today on a bathroom door at Lake Silverwood and thought "WTF?" Then looked over my shoulder. Moe looks menacing but I think I could take him.
    A chimp is 5 times stronger than a man. He could pull you apart. Keep smiling at him.

i can't type the letter s
    Wow, the owners of this particular chimp have had a rough time in the last few years. They've raised Moe since he was a baby, he's 42 years old now, (pup? little guy? what do you call a little chimp?) in their West Covina home. In 99 Moe was removed and placed in the shelter he escaped from. A few years ago the owners / parents, they raised him as their child, toilet training him, and taught him to eat at the table with a knife and fork, they went to visit Moe on his birthday and they were attacked by two other chimps that escaped their cages. The man's nose was bit off, he lost fingers, and the chimps also tore into his crotch doing unspecified damage. That's really sad, both for the chimp that will probably die from a rattlesnake bite and for the owners who raised Moe as their child.

It seems this sanctuary up in the San Berdoo has a hard time keeping their chimps under lock and key.

Front Range, Colorado
    Chimps, Mountain Lions, Bobcats, African Lions, Big Dogs I lost track of what we were talking about.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Chimps, Mountain Lions, Bobcats, African Lions, Big Dogs I lost track of what we were talking about.
    life was so much simpler when all we had to fear was fear itself.
    It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own.

- Cicero

No known cure
    Quote Originally Posted by mouse jockey
    Wow, the owners of this particular chimp have had a rough time in the last few years. They've raised Moe since he was a baby, he's 42 years old now, (pup? little guy? what do you call a little chimp?) in their West Covina home. In 99 Moe was removed and placed in the shelter he escaped from. A few years ago the owners / parents, they raised him as their child, toilet training him, and taught him to eat at the table with a knife and fork, they went to visit Moe on his birthday and they were attacked by two other chimps that escaped their cages. The man's nose was bit off, he lost fingers, and the chimps also tore into his crotch doing unspecified damage. That's really sad, both for the chimp that will probably die from a rattlesnake bite and for the owners who raised Moe as their child.

It seems this sanctuary up in the San Berdoo has a hard time keeping their chimps under lock and key.
    Apparantly, he can drive a car too. He could be anywhere. I thought I saw him in Crestline at a bar, but it turned out to be a local gal.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...070304027.html
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

mtbr member

Upset

Quote Originally Posted by Vader
    I thought I saw him in Crestline at a bar, but it turned out to be a local gal.
    That was my sister, you creep! We're comin' for ya' boy!

i can't type the letter s
    Quote Originally Posted by EBasil
    That was my sister, you creep! We're comin' for ya' boy!

REALLY?
    Thats a dog in that picture, thats NOT an african lion...you can tell by its tail, its much to short and thick to be a lion, also lions dont hunt/graze with there tails sticking up in the air, lions very rarely raise there tails.
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

fat guy on a little bike
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mouse jockey

I always thought it was Moe that did the attacking???? What ever though, I still cant believe a chimp would rip your junk off......thats just mean. Take my nose, but hands off the wiener!

I am going to the San Berdoo Mtns this weekend with a couple bannana, some twine, a cardboard box and a stick. My guess is we come home with a monkey this weekend.

I <3 Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by madmatt665
    I always thought it was Moe that did the attacking???? What ever though, I still cant believe a chimp would rip your junk off......thats just mean. Take my nose, but hands off the wiener!

I am going to the San Berdoo Mtns this weekend with a couple bannana, some twine, a cardboard box and a stick. My guess is we come home with a monkey this weekend.
    Funniest post of the day!!

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgothro
    Thats a dog in that picture, thats NOT an african lion...you can tell by its tail, its much to short and thick to be a lion, also lions dont hunt/graze with there tails sticking up in the air, lions very rarely raise there tails.
    Thank you for clearing that up. scarcastic

Supreme Enchilada
    Jun 2007
    It could be a bobcat. They're apparently very hard to distinguish between lions.
    2006 Iron Horse MKIII Team
    On One Inbred SS
    2009 Santa Cruz Bullit

TCB
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgothro

Ok then what is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.
    "No matter where you go there you are" BUCKAROO BANZAI

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by TCB
    Ok then what is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.
    African or European?

Glad to Be Alive
    lost track is usually associted with too much "Devil Weed"
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days