Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Advice from Locals - Trails/shops near West LA

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  rlb81 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I'll be in West LA in May on a business trip and a number of colleagues are going golfing. I have a pass to go mountain biking but don't know any of the local trails. Any suggestions for a good ride within 30 minutes of the LA country club? Definitely prefer single track, but I am happy to climb fire roads if that's all i can get nearby so I can get a ride in.

Also, I need to rent a nice bike nearby. Would love to Demo a Santa Cruz Blur TR or Tallboy, but I'll take what I can get of similar quality.

#2 ·
Helen's Cycles in Santa Monica may have a Tallboy demo available. Tons of good riding in Topanga State Park.

Geoladders -- Sullivan Canyon - Will Rogers

Also, check out Topanga Creek Bicycles - Los Angeles area Mountain Bicycle & Touring Bicycle Shop Serving Santa Monica, Malibu, Pacific Palisades, Agoura Hills, Woodland Hills, Encino, Calabasas, Beverly Hills, Brentwood, West LA, South Bay. Bicycle Sales. Bicycle R. They carry many nice brands and have rentals/demos available. Some of the coolest employees/owners around.

#9 ·
Just an FYI, Helen's no longer rents mountain bikes. They said it was becoming too much of a maintenance issue. So I contacted Topanga Creek Bicycles. Very helpful. I'll be renting a Niner Jet 9 and riding the trails from their shop.

Thanks again everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.