mtbr member

"above the clouds" JPL to Inspiration Point

heres some pix above the clouds on our sunday ride. parked at JPL off of windsor, rode through the neighborhood up Loma Alta, up the switchbacks to the burnt out hotel(Lower Sam Merril?), contiued up to the fireroad, then the fireroad up to Inspiration Point(is this the mt wilson toll road or something else?), then rode down the the single track back down to the hotel(upper sam merril?), back up to the firerad but this time down to Sunset trail to millard camp ground, then the last leg going through El Prieto.

took our group about 5 hrs. it was neat riding above the clouds, i've driven up mtns above the clouds but never ridden.
    Attached Images Attached Images

120 pounds of xc sex!

wow..

Looks like a awesome ride JR. you guys ride on sunday? weather was actually pretty good.
    Team X-poser is back for 2006-

WTB; 1.25 inch tow rack in SoCal

>Ankur<

Glad to Be Alive
    it was like that on saturday too....it was fun up there in the clear and slowly coming down the mountain to the fog
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by carbnjunkie
    Looks like a awesome ride JR. you guys ride on sunday? weather was actually pretty good.
    dude ankur if you ever want to ride let me know. i haven't been riding all that much i just get lazy. let me know.

after that ride we ended up doing an Incycle shuttle run of web canyon in claremont. fun day! just very exhausting

Warrior's Society

That is so cool. We saw pretty much the same thing Sunday riding Blackstar to the Motorway.

mtnbikej

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Some of us, Epic Riders, did the same ride on Saturday, and the weather was great with the clouds. We rode Lower Merrill to Inspiration Point and take Middle Merrill down to Sunset to El P. BTW, where did you take the third picture? I usually ride there, but can't remember seeing the big rock with the tree. It looks very good.

always learning
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBike
    Love that setup, you rode by us while we hiked-a-bike up by the railroad ties.

mtbr member
    yeah i remember that rock in the middle of the trail.

that big rock with the tree was on the way up to inspiration point on the fire road. i was already getting tried so i just took the picture and didn't bother climbing it. my friend that has the same shoes as i had a hard enough time getting down with clipless shoes.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    [QUOTE=BlueBike]Some of us, Epic Riders, did the same ride on Saturday, and the weather was great with the clouds. We rode Lower Merrill to Inspiration Point and take Middle Merrill down to Sunset to El P. BTW, where did you take the third picture? I usually ride there, but can't remember seeing the big rock with the tree. It looks very good.

Nice pictures. We will be going there this weekend. Hows the poison oak? Like BlueBike I dont remember seeing that big rock with the 3 riders on it. Where is that?

120 pounds of xc sex!

right on man..

yup, I will hollar your way JR. I've been lazy too and just been riding Schbarum and turnbull cayn. Turnbull caynon does well during the rainy season, so if you ever wanna roll over there ,hit me up. (probably cuz of the dump thats right next to it...haha)

did komkit tell you the story about his bike on my rack??? hahaha

btw, how does the the incycle shuttle work? theres no roads up in the claremont area.
    Team X-poser is back for 2006-

WTB; 1.25 inch tow rack in SoCal

>Ankur<

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Hey JR, is the club hanging out at Round Table this Thursday at noon? I'm going to see if I can swing on by and meet ya'll, and maybe schedule some nice rides like this one. I mean, I'm always at JPL anyways.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DtEW
    Hey JR, is the club hanging out at Round Table this Thursday at noon? I'm going to see if I can swing on by and meet ya'll, and maybe schedule some nice rides like this one. I mean, I'm always at JPL anyways.
    yeah, i think they meet under the trees in the grass. just look for a bunch of people with bikes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanzo90802
    Nice pictures. We will be going there this weekend. Hows the poison oak? Like BlueBike I dont remember seeing that big rock with the 3 riders on it. Where is that?
    Except El Prieto, Poison Oak wasn't too bad. Have fun this weekend.