Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Aaaargh! Rain on the weekend

Saturday:
    Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers in the morning. Then showers likely in the afternoon.
    Highs in the 60s. Chance of rain 60 percent.

mtbr member
    Yeah, it rained on my when I drove downtown this morning in San Diego.

I don't know if I am more bummed that it's going to rain, or that it's going to rain on the day I gave up riding for a garage sale...in the rain. Nice.

high plains drifter

rain whats that

oh yeah the worst winter in a hundred years .better than snow I guess one more day isn't going to hurt

MTBR member-at-large

Bonking ... not feelin' well

Its a 80% chance of thundershowers were I live (SB County) and I got my one and only race this weekend (Firestone Classic). BUMMER!
    Better at pedaling than typing

mtbr member
    Rain Bootleg Canyon

Neg reppers r my biatches
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pacman
    Saturday:
    Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers in the morning. Then showers likely in the afternoon.
    Highs in the 60s. Chance of rain 60 percent.
    that is why I took today off and rode Sycamore Canyon.....it will now be less painful if it does rain tomorrow and I cant ride.

Gonebiking
    Apr 2004
    Hey FoShizzle, how are the water crossings drying out down in Sycamore canyon. Iv'e been trying to avoid them and mainly sticking to the pavement out there( ranch road)

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekie
    Hey FoShizzle, how are the water crossings drying out down in Sycamore canyon. Iv'e been trying to avoid them and mainly sticking to the pavement out there( ranch road)
    a little better than about a week ago. They are all still there, just with less water so you can at least now go slowly through them and half-pedal through the water and not get soaked....whereas a couple weeks ago, you had to barrel through em and could really not avoid getting your feet soaked. Bottom line is that it is not so bad to where it should discourage folks now.

cheers

Waiting to exhale.
    If its going to hit the coast by morning, then it won't get to me till late afternoon! WOOHOO! I may be safe.
    Quite possibly the slowest single speeder on earth.
    Now skating 'cause its cheaper.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    that is why I took today off and rode Sycamore Canyon.....it will now be less painful if it does rain tomorrow and I cant ride.
    Rode which bike? Overlook and Guadlasco maybe?

Jan 2004
    Rode which bike? Overlook and Guadlasco maybe?
    Hey Pacman,

I rode from the end of Wendy down to and up Overlook, and down backbone then back up to car. I wanted to take Guadalasco instead but had to get home. I left at about 8:45 and really did not see anyone this morning till I got almost back to the car.

I took my Surly I just got which makes it only the 4th time I have ridden it. I also made the Surly my permanent fully rigid bike yesterday and will be keeping it that way. I sold my super sweet Rocky Mountain Element (only ridden 6 times) last week to fund a new singlespeed build which will be done as soon as the rims come in for Larry to build them for me. I just did not see myself riding the Rocky Mountain much if at all anymore and wanted it to go to someone who would appreciate it....sold it to a XC racer (it is a FS with disc 23.5lb bike).

I am real excited to have a fully rigid bike for rides like Sycamore Canyon.....it was the first time I have every ridden that way and was pleasantly surprised. I see taking the Surly out at least once every couple weeks but of course more until the new SS is ready. I was going to sell the Surly as well but realized I should keep it for this purpose (ie, fully rigid and for crap conditions). Here is my Surly that I took out today...

cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

WWT
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

No More Rain!

We got some rain in the San Fernando Valley today, and it looks like the weekend will be a bust.

I was hoping that the rain would stop. At least there is the bike show at the Convention Center this weekend...

mtbr member

The race is on, er.....

The rain is on for the 24 this weekend. YEEEEHAAAWW.

pewpewpew Moderator
    Got rained on today for a little loop up Sullivan Ridge and then backbone - a few showers and then nothing but glorious sun. Saw no other bikes at all. A great ride.

Fo' shizzle: like your bike. Pacman and crew should put together a SS fiesta at Sycamore on of these days, ya?

ronbo613
    The big fire, then the record rain, haven't ridden Sycamore Canyon for awhile. Howzit look these days?

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Impy
    Got rained on today for a little loop up Sullivan Ridge and then backbone - a few showers and then nothing but glorious sun. Saw no other bikes at all. A great ride.

Fo' shizzle: like your bike. Pacman and crew should put together a SS fiesta at Sycamore on of these days, ya?
    thanks Impy

yeah, i bought it off ebay about a month ago to see how me and single speeding got along.....loved it after the first ride. I doubt I will ever sell this Surly as it is just such a neat bike though I can't wait for me new SS.

cheers

34N 118W

bike show & ride

here's hoping for sun by SUNday for the City of Angels roadie fun ride.

http://www.bikeshow.com/html-exhibitors/exhibitors.asp

otherwise I'll be cruising the aisles looking for deals too

EDIT: as of 7:45 tonight:
    http://www.crh.noaa.gov/forecasts/CA...ty=Los+Angeles

Saturday. Partly cloudy with chance of showers in the morning. Then mostly cloudy with showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 60s. Southwest winds around 15 mph in the afternoon.

Saturday night. Showers in the evening. Then chance of showers after midnight. Lows in the mid 50s. West winds around 15 mph in the evening.

Sunday. Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Highs in the 60s. West winds around 15 mph in the afternoon.

woo hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by WWT
    I was hoping that the rain would stop. At least there is the bike show at the Convention Center this weekend...

Big Drops
    Nov 2004

Good job! weather.com

like the odds better. it only predicts a 10% chance for showers sunday morning!
    Huck Maestro

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo613
    The big fire, then the record rain, haven't ridden Sycamore Canyon for awhile. Howzit look these days?
    The Sycamore in Ventura County has running stream and Poison Oak. We'll have an SS ride after CORBA and the State do a cleanup April 29, 30 & May 1 (<-link).

pewpewpew Moderator
    The Sycamore in Ventura County has running stream and Poison Oak. We'll have an SS ride after CORBA and the State do a cleanup April 29, 30 & May 1 (<-link).

I'm back in town 5/2 so that works

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton

Sounds Nice!

Mmmmm. Sycamore. No Poison Oak.

JMH

Pacman, are you going to SSSSS?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JMH
    Mmmmm. Sycamore. No Poison Oak.

JMH

Pacman, are you going to SSSSS?
    I looked at the postings again. Noble sounds like a challenge! Since it's on Saturday I want to get down Friday (beat week-end traffic) and get a good night's rest. Gotta do planning ...

34N 118W

silly Pacman

I want to get down Friday (beat week-end traffic)
    tsk tsk

I hope you leave your 'hood by 10 or 11am latest.

HW

PS - missed ya this morning. Rain free!

American Errorist
    A few friends and I rode Sweetwater Resevoir today and there wasnt ne rain at all. Clear skies all the way.
    On the other hand, the human spirit is hard to kill. Punk is a microcosm of the human spirit. Punks succeed with their minds, not their brute force. They advance society by their diversity, not their conformity. They motivate others by inclusion, not domination-Greg Graffin(Bad Religion)

American Errorist

a few more

heres a couple more pics of the great weather today
    On the other hand, the human spirit is hard to kill. Punk is a microcosm of the human spirit. Punks succeed with their minds, not their brute force. They advance society by their diversity, not their conformity. They motivate others by inclusion, not domination-Greg Graffin(Bad Religion)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast