Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

5 Oaks at Aliso....a movie

2K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  Floater 
#1 ·
Here's my first video of a buddy and me heading down 5 Oaks at Aliso. I'm doing one for Stair Steps and Rock-it as well, just haven't had the time. Sorry, but I refuse to put it on YouTube for the quality of playback is terrible. I refuse to comprimise! :D As a result, the file is 43MB so dial up need not apply...sorry guys! For those brave enough let me know your thoughts! The riding is weak but hopefully the quality will give you a reason to watch! :thumbsup:

MAKE SURE YOU RIGHT CLICK AND "SAVE AS" or if you have Firefox download mgr. just click and "Save As."

http://www.hansenstuff.com/MTB ride_0004.wmv

#8 ·
Nice video, you should get into making MTB video's. Just keep with the "real life" riding, I'm getting bored from those current freeride videos out there. Call me old, but Im tired of the "lifestyle" method of todays videos, where it keeps flashing back and forth from riding, to interveiws, to partying, to driving....so on and so forth. Then there is all of the product that is getting forced on you, they're like watching a fricken info-mercial.
Anyway, while short, you video, kicked as$.

#10 ·
nice. i like the helmet cam pov, followed up by the regular bystander pov of the same section. videos always seem to dummy-down trails, for those whom havent ridden 5 Oaks, you really cant get a feel for how loose it is from video or pix.

looking forward to seeing your vid of rock-it and steps!

#19 ·
Great vid! I like how you switch POV on certain sections of the trail (especially the tech), because you not only see the trail but what line the rider is taking and how he's riding it. I'm looking forward to the stair steps vid! I know it's ridden alot but I have never seen anyone ride it (aside from the bikeskills clip of Brian Lopes), and would like to see the lines people take, especially on the upper portion. :thumbsup:

G
#23 ·
I normally don't check out the first time videos. But when I saw the responses you had, I wanted to see what everyone was talking about. They are right! Good video, great first video!:thumbsup: keep 'em comin'...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.