Reels & Wheels

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Last edited by dv8cam; 09-07-2006 at 09:36 AM. Reason: no longer applicable

mtbr member
    May 2006
    where is it

Local Paperboy Hero
    I'd be down to help dig. Where is this located?

Moose Enthusiast
    Feb 2006
    id be down to dig as well. or is this thread now obsolete?

Knomer
    Is this on private property, where you have the owner's permission to dig? Or are you asking total strangers on the internet to illegally vandalize public lands?
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

Just another FOC'er
    I think this thread died months ago.

The jackhammer you'd need right now to dig would certainly piss off the neighbors.

Reels & Wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    Is this on private property, where you have the owner's permission to dig? Or are you asking total strangers on the internet to illegally vandalize public lands?
    Since this is on your mom's ass, no, it is public property.

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by .Danno.
    I think this thread died months ago.

The jackhammer you'd need right now to dig would certainly piss off the neighbors.
    no jackhammer needed, i throw it down on the shovel almost daily out there.........

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    nobody wants to hear your high horse rantings, nor do they care about it. anywhere you ride your bike now started out as a bootleg spot at one time......

it's city property, city employed people are always out and about, stopping by and seeing what we are up to. the spot has been there in some shape or form for 15 years or so. so go piss off....

Local Paperboy Hero
    Since this is on your mom's ass, no, it is public property.
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    nobody wants to hear your high horse rantings, nor do they care about it. anywhere you ride your bike now started out as a bootleg spot at one time......

it's city property, city employed people are always out and about, stopping by and seeing what we are up to. the spot has been there in some shape or form for 15 years or so. so go piss off....
    HAHAHA!!! I love it.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Great attitude. Remember this, when your jumps get torn down in a month, or a year, or whenever the City wizes up to your antics on their property, don't come crying here about it. Get together with your little crew of gnarly huckers, pack a bowl, tie your arm off, or whatever other juice you prefer, and drown your sorrows together.

We don't need to hear about it.

Dig away!

Pro Crastinator
    typical "bashing others who are having fun because i am the local anti fun nazi" response i expected from you.....

nobody cares if the city comes in and plows the stuff, we don't put all our eggs in one basket. as a matter of fact, we even have several more baskets.......

Just another FOC'er
    no jackhammer needed, i throw it down on the shovel almost daily out there.........
    Your dirt must be more easy going than my dirt.

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by .Danno.
    Your dirt must be more easy going than my dirt.
    nope. i have to swing the pick first, then fill in the churned up dirt with water that i have to hike up from the creek, wait for it to soften up, then dig. repeat.......

the ground is very heavily laden with rocks, i just have a vision that i want to create and am very determined. i don't sit around and want stuff to ride, i create them...

Reels & Wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by BrahMa
    Get together with your little crew of gnarly huckers, pack a bowl, tie your arm off, or whatever other juice you prefer...
    Tie your arm off???? Damn now DJers are being labelled Heroin addicts?

Just another FOC'er
    nope. i have to swing the pick first, then fill in the churned up dirt with water that i have to hike up from the creek, wait for it to soften up, then dig. repeat.......

the ground is very heavily laden with rocks, i just have a vision that i want to create and am very determined. i don't sit around and want stuff to ride, i create them...
    ...and your results are very impressive. All that hard work shows.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    nobody cares if the city comes in and plows the stuff, we don't put all our eggs in one basket. as a matter of fact, we even have several more baskets.......
    That's interesting, you sure were singing a different tune in this thread.

death of a jump spot.... birth of another........

"we shall be missing our local DJ spot. thanks to all of the 50CC punks who came out to tear up our jumps everyday and made enough of a nuicance out of yourselves that the city has decided to plow our jumps and start ticketing folks....."

Go cry elsewhere. However, it does make me quite proud of the mountain biking community that you have been vandalizing and trespassing in several locations to get your gnar-gnar on. Right arm!

mtbr member
    However, it does make me quite proud of the mountain biking community that you have been vandalizing and trespassing in several locations to get your gnar-gnar on. Right arm!
    Ever hear the word "hyprocrite"? Unless you've never built or ridden on an illegal trail (and I KNOW you have), who are you to chastise people for doing the same? I've ridden a few of WCH's trails and nobody cares what's going on out there.

However, it would be nice to work with 'officials' to designate some purpose areas for these types of trails.

Moose Enthusiast
    Feb 2006
    Get together with your little crew of gnarly huckers, pack a bowl, tie your arm off, or whatever other juice you prefer, and drown your sorrows together.
    wow calm down buddy!!! the reason i dont do drugs is because of mountain biking. Mountain biking is my juice, high whatever.. so why dont you go complain about how much you hate people who have fun while riding their bikes and like to contribute to the mountain biking community by building riding spots for people to enjoy.. on some other forum and leave us "GnarGnars" to ourselves.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 2w4s
    Ever hear the word "hyprocrite"? Unless you've never built or ridden on an illegal trail (and I KNOW you have), who are you to chastise people for doing the same? I've ridden a few of WCH's trails and nobody cares what's going on out there.

However, it would be nice to work with 'officials' to designate some purpose areas for these types of trails.
    Not sure that I agree with you that building and riding illegal trails is on the same playing field. I think there is a huge difference between rolling my tires down an illegal trail, and actually going out and ripping up public or private property with a pick and shovel. I believe the authorities would agree, as the violation for destruction of public property is certainly more severe than riding an unauthorized trail.

I've never built an illegal trail.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Not sure that I agree with you that building and riding illegal trails is on the same playing field. I think there is a huge difference between rolling my tires down an illegal trail, and actually going out and ripping up public or private property with a pick and shovel. I believe the authorities would agree, as the violation for destruction of public property is certainly more severe than riding an unauthorized trail.

I've never built an illegal trail.

you make it sound like people are tapping power lines for lights and water mains to water jumps.. get a life..