Jan 2004

24HOA pours - spectators win, custom water bottles raise $ for IMBA

24HOA pours - spectators win, custom water bottles raise $ for IMBA

Hello Adrenalin seekers,

Our Hurkey Creek Spring event is just on the horizon and we look forward to seeing many of you again. There is still time to get your team in for the entire weekend, or just come on up and participate in one of the 8-hr categories.

This past weekend the Adrenalin gang was up at Sea Otter with a booth chatting up the series. Typical of Sea Otter weather it was certainly cold and very wet on Saturday. Rain however was not the only thing pouring over the weekend; 24HOA along with partners Kenda and X-Fusion were pouring as well. Each day at 3 p.m. spectators and industry types could drop by for a free pint of Sierra Nevada beer in a custom pint glass. See more...

http://www.twenty4sports.com/twenty4...0-89310d753dd2

If you dropped by our booth over the weekend you would see that we were selling custom water bottles. 100% of the proceeds generated were donated to IMBA on Sunday afternoon. See more...

http://www.twenty4sports.com/twenty4...0-89310d753dd2

Donít forget that we will be running the best pit contest, the kids race with Krusty, the corn roast and popcorn along with the movies. Also donít forget that the best helmet contest will be back. Matt from I.E. Bikes is sponsoring this prize and both the best male and female winners will receive a great new helmet.

See you on the weekend,

Team twenty4 sports

Jan 2004

Bring your snowboard...

Hi Folks,

Well the drive up the mountain on Friday left us wishing we had our snowboards... good thing we moved the event a week later two years ago! While it was a winter wonderland, Saturday morning brought clear skyís and the snow melted before 10 a.m.

The weather looks really good for this coming weekend:

http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Idyllwild.html

The Bakersfield trail crew is out working on the course and its looks pretty fast.

see you all Friday,

twenty4 gang

Blue Dot Junkie
    The course looks great!
    I earn my living building Siren Bicycles

Your Imaginary Friend
    I'm not doing the event but was up there yesterday to attempt to do a pre-ride on the Spring Challenge course (I say "attempt" because we were running late and then missed our hook-up with our trail-guide...sorry we missed you and Mary Brendan) and can honestly say the course is in the best shape I've ever seen it.

Almost no mud anywhere, the first climb has been groomed to perfection; the second, small, climb is now a fireroad (kind of a bummer but it'll make for faster lap times); and the "luge" descent is in phenomenal shape with burms so large and perfectly placed that you hardly need to touch the brakes as you fly down the trail at warp speed!

I've sworn off 24 hour events for a while but, for those of you who are doing this event, you're going to be in for some great riding.
    There's a fine line between courage and foolishness. Too bad it's not a fence.

mtbr member

Today's profile of the Hurkey Creek Course.

Hey everybody,

Absolutely, the greatest shape I've seen this course in all the (three) years I've been apart of the 24. The great 24hr crew is even blastin' tunes (Its Wednesday and they've got the stereo pumping---great job on the trail markings and shovel work too. The G-out after the first hill is smooth (at least until the first group of competitors goes through). As was stated that grueler first hill has been cleaned up and you'll wonder if you have ever seen that hill go by that easily...The meadow is not too sandy, the first major luge is clean with clear lines--and fast--goodness. The back of the course seems to have the same feel as previous years--no soup really at all except at the end as you dip in the stream (3-6 inches for 10 feet) and then carve up through the sand toward the Hurkey camp.

We'll be there to take pictures again this year. See you up there all over the course between 11AM-6PM, 7-11PM and then 6AM-12 PM Sunday. Images should be online by Wednesday evening 5/2/07 and we'll be filming a fun rider and course camcorder video again this year.

Take Care,

Scott Kennedy
    www . kennedyphotoworks . com