mtbr member

Good job! 24 Hours of Chamberlin Ranch - Coming up Fast

I just wanted to give a big shout out to all the Endo racers out there!
    The 24 Hours of Chamberlin Ranch is getting ready to kick off next weekend. Mike Hecker - a fellow promoter - puts on a great race and some fun times. Get on out and support this race! Mike you ROCK! Good luck!
    Jason Ranoa
    SOCAL'S #1 ENDURANCE MTB EXPERIENCE
    www.12hrsoftemecula.com

mtbr member

Venue

Thanks Jason!

So, again this Saturday starting at 9 AM and going until about 4 we will be doing another venue clean up session and will be marking the course. If anyone wants to join us, please do so. After we work for a few hours u can ride the course.

Thanks,

MH

mtbr member

mtbr member

Sunday 10/21

One last Venue Spruce up day at Chamberlin Ranch!

Show up at 9 AM work for a few hours, til 12, then ride the course!

Exit Hwy 154 onto Zaca Station Road, drive 1.33 miles and turn into the open gate with a cattle guard on your right. Then follow the dirt road towards Firestone and to Charlotte's Meadow.

Duties: Spread wood chips and drive around the ranch gathering firewood. EASY STUFF!

Hope that you can make it!

Today we had 9 people!

Thanks,

Hecky

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    How is the air quality looking for this weekend?
    Enjoy every ride!

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    We were working on the course Sunday morning when the Sedegewick fire was breaking out and the wind was carrying the smoke away from us. The weather forecast looks pretty good, not 90 degrees like last year.

I'm feeling pretty confident that, barring any surprises, the air quality will be all right.

See you this weekend. I'll be racing solo again.

-Paul

That's gonna leave a mark
    For those who are unsure of the fire situation, the Sedgewick Fire in Los Olivos is 100% contained and no longer a threat to the area.

See you all up there.
    Fat fanatic.

"Where the Fox Hat?" Endurance Team
    SoCal Colavita Road/MTB club

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Upchuck
    For those who are unsure of the fire situation, the Sedgewick Fire in Los Olivos is 100% contained and no longer a threat to the area.

See you all up there.
    Oops. Probably should have clarified that part...

mtbr member
    Attention 24 Hour Racers!
    Every consideration is being made to decide whether or not the 24 Hours of Chamberlin Ranch Race will be postponed by 1 week due to the fires in Southern California.
    We want your input!
    Please email Mike Hecker at mh@ridesb.com or call him 805-896-0673

Possible Postpone date is November 2-4

mtbr member

On

Ok everyone after talking with and listening to several people, looking at the forcast of cooler temps and an incoming coastal effect that will blow all the smoke away, the race is on!

Couple of factors will make it a bit more difficult for my crew, and possibly you the racers, namely the fact that my timing/registration chief may not be able to show because of the Running Springs fire. I'm asking that everyone work with me to time this race in a coopertaive manner and to have a great time in one of the few areas of SO CAL that should be smoke free over the weekend. I will change the notice on the web tonight to reflect this decision.

Please keep in mind that there is still a chance that it could be a bit smoky, however more than likely it will be clear: http://www.sbcapcd.org/102407rel.htm

Because of the timing/registration chief's situation registration may open late on Friday or Early Saturday.

Again thanks for the support and have a great time this weekend at the 24 Hours of Chamberlin Ranch!

Mike Hecker - Event Director

Mike, that is great news. We will be bringing at least one, maybe two, volunteers for the event. I'll try to round up a couple more.

When you find out, let us know how your timing/registration chief is doing. Hopefully her home and family have been spared in the fires.
    Fat fanatic.

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Thanks Mike. We'll make do however we can.

The fire's playing hell with my logistics too. The motorhome I was going to use is currently down in Santa Clarita at the Buckweed fire. It sounds like I get to tent camp now

mtbr member
    Heres an update on the air. http://www.sbcapcd.org/102407rel.htm
    The wind are now coming from the n/w so I'm hoping for great conditions. Here's the weather report for this weekend looks good not to hot.
    http://www.weather.com/outlook/healt...pnav_allergies

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    I was up riding the course last night and the lungs felt OK (and I'm sensitive to bad air quality). It should only get better as we get to the weekend.

Glad to hear it. My lungs are already wheezy from the smoke down in the Conejo Valley...
    Fat fanatic.