mtbr member
    Apr 2005

2013 Archipelago Ride Sign Ups are now open

The 6th annual SDMBA Arch Ride will be held in one month (Sat April 27). As with each passing year new snippets of prime singletrack are added to the route. This year thru efforts of Arch Ride Godfather Rich Julien, new singletrack on back side of La Costa into Copper Canyon is included.

For those not familiar, the concept of the "Arch" is to link the "islands" of open space parks in San Diego's North County via dirt rights of way creating a 45 mile, 5300 vertical feet of climbing, 99% dirt epic.

The "Arch" is not a race. The "Arch" is an experience.

Saturday, April 27th,
    Location: La Costa to Elfin to Hodges to Lusardi to BlackMountain to PQ

Its that time of year again! As always, this 50 mile ride will leave the same smile on your face and impression on your tush, but the route will also see new sections of sweetness.

Registration will open March 27 one month prior to the ride. The email link for registration will be emailed to SDMBA Members shortly before registration opens. Entries are limited and will sell out fast so mark your calendars NOW! SDMBA membership IS required.
    If you are a member & did not receive the sign up email, contact membership@sdmba.com for details ASAP as entries are limited and are snapped up quickly.

This year SDMBA will be allocating proceeds from the ride: to fund representation at multiple (non-local) trails summit and lobbying conventions; fund a donation to The Escondido Creek Conservancy a pro-recreation land conservation group preserving open space near Elfin Forest; and fund additional events throughout the year (an Events Calendar will be coming out shortly, so be on the lookout for that!).
    Entry will be $40 which will include 3 fully equipped aid stations along the route, BBQ lunch and beer at the finish line, and commemorative limited edition gifts. There will also be an opportunity drawing at the BBQ finish where you can win some swag from our sponsors.

New Belgium Brewery is graciously sponsoring the beer tent and may have some additional fun and games during the post-ride BBQ!

We look forward to hosting this fun event!

For questions, please email events@sdmba.com.
    Last edited by rodster; 03-27-2013 at 03:27 PM.

mtbr member
    I'm IN! I've been wanting to do this for a few years but I've either been too chicken, had conflicting plans, or both. But I'm not getting any younger, so here I go!

Who else is riding?

MTC rep for LPCPCAC
    Me! Want to start Team Get Off My Lawn!

Anybody can join the team. Bonus points if you come up with a better team name.
    Apathy will get you exactly what you deserve