Mt Wilson Motoboy

2007 Mtb Pancake Breakfast

The 18th Annual MWBA Pancake Breakfast/Ride & Raffle is upon us! Sunday April 29th...Cobb Estate...Top-o-Lake..Pasadena
    Kieth Bontrager will be there again as will the T**k demo truck. Morning ride...7am @ Windsor lot ...Brown Mtn~elPrieto~Millard...
    Rafffle at the Cobb Estate 10:30. Proceeds go to trail upkeep! All you 'Dena Crews show up!

http://pasadenacyclery.com/index.cfm
    Last edited by tedroy; 04-28-2007 at 12:28 AM.
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"]"My people are the people of the dessert!"
    said T.E. Lawrence picking up his fork...[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]

FTM
    I'll be there for the ride and the Pancakes.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Is this event a fund raiser for trail maintenance and advocacy? I've searched for links to MWBA and Save the Trails and I couidn't find any. I am a little surprised that an MWBA logo is used on this flyer as it is common knowledge that MWBA has ceased to exist for many years.

What is done with money raised for this event?
    Is this fund raising related to a non-profit (501c3) organization?
    It says that proceeds go to trail upkeep. Who does the upkeep and when do they do it?

I am a local and I have not see or heard of an MWBA trail maintenance or upkeep program in the last five years that I have been riding. Maybe I'm clueless, maybe someone can some light on this.

Any information on this would be nice.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Ted,
    Thanks for posting this up. Didnt win anything but had a blast. Will post pics up soon. Hope they made lots of $$$$ for the trails.

Sorry! I thought I posted pix.

http://www.socaltrailriders.org/foru...de-raffle.html
    Last edited by Hanzo90802; 05-09-2007 at 08:08 PM.

Mt Wilson Motoboy

All the money goes to me

Quote Originally Posted by mtbski
    Is this event a fund raiser for trail maintenance and advocacy? I've searched for links to MWBA and Save the Trails and I couidn't find any. I am a little surprised that an MWBA logo is used on this flyer as it is common knowledge that MWBA has ceased to exist for many years.

What is done with money raised for this event?
    Is this fund raising related to a non-profit (501c3) organization?
    It says that proceeds go to trail upkeep. Who does the upkeep and when do they do it?

I am a local and I have not see or heard of an MWBA trail maintenance or upkeep program in the last five years that I have been riding. Maybe I'm clueless, maybe someone can some light on this.

Any information on this would be nice.

Thanks
    And I spend it all on beer for homeless drunks 'cause they earned it. Oh!, and we give some to the forest service too cause W don't. Visit Pasadena Cyclery for actual info.
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]

Mt Wilson Motoboy

Soooo?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzo90802
    Ted,
    Thanks for posting this up. Didnt win anything but had a blast. Will post pics up soon. Hope they made lots of $$$$ for the trails.
    Where's the beef, ahh pix? I spent a bunch on tix and won a Thomson stem and some goo! Grabbed a shirt and a hat too. Great event every year.
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tedroy
    Where's the beef, ahh pix? I spent a bunch on tix and won a Thomson stem and some goo! Grabbed a shirt and a hat too. Great event every year.

linky linky

http://www.socaltrailriders.org/foru...de-raffle.html

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Fraud Alert?

Quote Originally Posted by tedroy
    And I spend it all on beer for homeless drunks 'cause they earned it. Oh!, and we give some to the forest service too cause W don't. Visit Pasadena Cyclery for actual info.
    Hey wise guy, thanks for bumping up this post!

I wouldn't bother talking to those guys or you for that matter. I just wanted to point out some very obvious misleading facts regarding the above MWBA sponsored trail maintenance fund raiser.

With all of the legitimate trail maintenance and advocacy groups doing a lot of hard work in the area it is laughable to see such an event being held. They Should just represent it for what it is: the Pasadena Cyclery Fundraiser. Where does the money go? Is this a non-profit endeavor? Is this for profit? Who gets the money? Who does the wok? When do they do the work? Where do they do the work? Which trails have they worked on? Where are the books? Interesting questions for sure.

If I become more annoyed about this and wanted to make an issue out of this I could cash in a favor from my friends at the IRS! Believe me I can and I am not the only one aound here who could. I'm sure they would have a good time with this one. I would recommend letting this post die.......have a great day!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I'm not sure about most of that, but I did see that Alan Armstrong was at the Pancake Breakfast, and if you search for "Mount Wilson Bicycling Association" on Google, you'll find relevant links. Not trying to argue, cause I really don't know...just an observation.

Mt Wilson Motoboy

You need to have fun...

Quote Originally Posted by mtbski
    Hey wise guy, thanks for bumping up this post!

I wouldn't bother talking to those guys or you for that matter. I just wanted to point out some very obvious misleading facts regarding the above MWBA sponsored trail maintenance fund raiser.

With all of the legitimate trail maintenance and advocacy groups doing a lot of hard work in the area it is laughable to see such an event being held. They Should just represent it for what it is: the Pasadena Cyclery Fundraiser. Where does the money go? Is this a non-profit endeavor? Is this for profit? Who gets the money? Who does the wok? When do they do the work? Where do they do the work? Which trails have they worked on? Where are the books? Interesting questions for sure.

If I become more annoyed about this and wanted to make an issue out of this I could cash in a favor from my friends at the IRS! Believe me I can and I am not the only one aound here who could. I'm sure they would have a good time with this one. I would recommend letting this post die.......have a great day!
    What a tool. It's a bicycle dude. Get over your IRS power trip and go ride. I hear it relieves stress. PS: Who has friends at the IRS?
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]