mtbr member

"12 Hours Of Temecula" thanks

“ 12 HOURS OF TEMECULA “
    Southern California Endurance

The “12 Hours of Temecula” endurance race series would like to thank everyone who supported and participated in Southern California’s premier endurance race series. Our local 12 hours race series has really grown over the past 2 years. With hard work and dedication to the sport of cycling we will continue to support Mountain Biking. It truly is where our hearts are!

The final race of the series on Nov 17th 2008 was an incredible event to be a part of. The parking lot was full and the racers where primed and ready for battle. With the largest registration to date the Championship race was staged to be the best of the year!

For the first time in our short history we chose to run the course in a clockwise direction. This put the stats at over 10.5 miles of distance and 1550 ft of climbing. The initial 3.5 miles of the course were rolling ridgeline climbs with some short descents thrown in for recovery. Once to the top of the course you were treated to almost 2 miles of downhill fun. In the middle of the downhill fun we threw in a half mile of new technical singletrack for a few thrills. This was called boneshaker and was probably the funnest section! The rest of the course was a good mix of singletrack and doubletrack with the a quick decsent down the infamous “Marine Hill” and a 200 ft hike a bike called “Burning Calves”. Overall the toughest and most challenging course of the year.

The competition was tough with overall championship placings on the line. The pro field was exciting and tight. The biggest surge of the day came from 24 Hours National womens champion Monique “ PUA” Sawicki. Monique was in awesome form and rocked the entire field and took first in the solo overalls for the day and first in the overall pro womens division for the 2007 year. Way to go PUA!
    Not far behind for the day was Fisher sponsored 29r rider “Desert” Dan Cain. Dan Has supported our race from the beginning and we really appreciate the hard work and dedication he brings to SoCal racing. The last race of the year was no different. Dan takes the pro mens field for the series final the overall for the 2007 year. Great job Dan!
    Other notables include the mens overall singlespeed champion Mike Hileman who constantly placed in the tops for the overalls despite only having 1 gear. Also Justine Mojica who comes all the way down from Nor Cal to support our race. Justine takes the womens singlespeed series and final race championship. Way to go racers, you are my heroes!
    I would also like to acknowledge the Cytomax/ KHS team who supported our race series all year. These guys consistently won the fastest lap prizes and king of the mountain prizes for each race. Not to mention pulling out the overall most laps of the series. These guys were doing up to 16 laps in a 12 hour timeframe. You all rock! The guys on the team are Chuck Jenkins, Hal Helbock and Sean Donovan. Great job guys!

I know there are a lot of others who deserve recognition but we would be reading this all day when we should be out riding our bikes! I appreciate all the racers and support people who came out and supported our races. It is because of you that our race series is so much fun and challenging. I look forward to seeing you all again in 2008. Our first race of the year is JANUARY 26TH. Registration is open and the course is up!
    Also I would like to thank all the sponsors who make it possible:
    INTENSE CYCLES
    NITERIDER LIGHTING
    SPINERGY
    PRO MOTION SPORTSWEAR
    VIGOR HELMETS
    THE
    INTENSE TIRES
    CLIF BAR
    NIMBUS WATER
    SIREN BICYCLES
    CANARI