mtbr member

12 Hours Of Temecula - June 10th - Update

THE 12 HOURS OF TEMECULA, VAIL LAKE , CA - JUNE 10 TH - RACE UPDATE!
    THE 12 HOURS OF TEMECULA RACE #2 IS LOOKING STRONG AND FUN. REGISTRATION IS ON AND ATTENDANCE IS LOOKING GOOD! WE HAVE TAKEN ON A FEW NEW SPONSORS AND THE SWAG IS BUILDING. OUR NEWEST SPONSORS INCLUDE KENDA TIRES AND RSRIDE. WE APPRECIATE THER SUPPORT AND LOOK FORWARD TO BUILDING OUR RACE IN THE YEARS TO COME.
    OUR RACE COURSE IS CHALLENGING LOOKING REALLY GOOD. WE HAVE ADDED ABOUT 2 NEW MILES OF FUN SINGLETRACK. THE TRAILS ARE BUFF AND BERMED IN. SHOULD BE ONE OF THE FUNNEST COURSES AT VAIL LAKE!
    WE HAVE ALSO BEEN WORKING WITH SEVERAL OTHER PROMOTERS IN CALIFORNIA TO PROMOTE A CAL STATE ENURANCE SERIES FOR NEXT YEAR. THIS SERIES WILL INCLUDE 6, 8, 12, AND POSSIBLY A 24 HOUR RACE OR 2. THESE RACES WILL ALL BE FROM LOCAL PROMOTERS AROUND THE STATE. CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE FOR MORE UPDATES AS WE PROGRESS.
    HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING A GREAT SEASON AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU IN THE DIRT!!!!

JASON RANOA
    www.12hrsoftemecula.com
    info@12hrsoftemecula.com
    SOCAL'S #1 ENDURANCE MTB EXPERIENCE
    www.12hrsoftemecula.com

mtbr member

course ok for riding outside of racing?

is the course open for riding outside of races? I've lived & rode in Temecula/Murrieta for over 10 years now & never been to Vail. I'm interested in the 12 hour race, but even more interested in riding there on some weekends. I'm a SS'er. I ride La Cresta, San Juan/Ortegas, Sycamore, Big Bear etc...just never Vail. Would be nice to add an option. Good place to give endurance racing a try too.
    [SIZE="1"][/SIZE]I think what I do is positive, in it's own way.
    -G.G. Allin

Just another Homer
    If I do any racing this year, I'll probably do this one. I love the local and the date. Is it possible to find the course at this time? I'd like to preride it.
    I may not be as good as I once was.
    But I'm as good once, as I ever was.
    Toby Keith

mtbr member

Riding At Vail Lake

Yes Vail Lake is open to ride. Vail Lake is a great local spot to ride. Due to the races that they now have going on out there the trail s are getting better and better. There is a definate crew that has been doing some great trail work out there. We will continue to put in new trails as we go. We would like to make Vail Lake into somewhat of a Socal Whistler. There are plans in the works to build a BMX track and stunt park. We already have a few new miles of hidden downhills and singletrack which we'll open soon. come on out and enjoy! also check out our race series. www.12hrsoftemecula.com. I will post new pics of Vail Lake tonight!
    Jason
    www.12hrsoftemecula.com

mtbr member

... and if we just ... Trail Pics

The new course is posted on www.geoladders.com. We also wanted to post some pics we shot today while out for trail maintenance. Hope to see you there!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.12hrsoftemecula.com

mtbr member

Race Update

The Course Is Up And Marked! Check Out Geoladders.com For A Map And Directions. The Course Is Running Fast And Fun With Mostly Hardpack And A Little Soft Sandy Spots. Kenda Nevegals And Short Track Tires Have Been Working Great! Expected Fast Times Will Be 40-41 Mins And Average Times Will Be 1:05 - 1:10. Be Safe And See Ya In Hte Dirt. More Pics Tomorrow!
    www.12hrsoftemecula.com

mtbr member

You guys have done a great job

The trail is smooth and fast now I was out there on Monday and had a blast, even had a friendly rattle snake great me at the start of the fire road.
    Keep up the great work.
    http://www.caddesignwork.com/ where CAD Design and drafting happens.