mtbr member
    Dec 2004

12-hours temecula

I am riding solo class at the 12-hours temecula in a couple of weeks. Is anyone familiar with the course? Can you get by with bottles or is camelback recommended? I plan on riding my HT which can hold 2 bottles but I also have my camelback....
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Laps are typically under an hour. As long as you make up a bunch of bottles ahead of time, have support to refill bottles, or don't mind stopping to remake every few laps you should be fine. They do have at least one water stop on course as well.

It all depends on what you want to carry as well if you think you'd like a bunch of spares/tools.

Personally I have only ever ridden with 1-2 bottles and at most a gel flask, but a C02 and tube on the frame if at all.

Junior flyer
    Jun 2010
    there's also a "bike for bender" division to benefit a young rider in redlands that has cancer. it's a non-competitive category, but it's only $50 and the proceeds go to rob bender's (considerable) medical treatments. if interested, you can sign up the day of the event.

i'll be doing it solo--see ya in the don's bikes tent.

http://donsbikesraceteam.com/bikeforbender.aspx

mtbr member
    12 hours with a camel back. I tossed mine and grabbed a water bottle after the third lap. problem was I realized I left my spare tube and co2 in the camel back. Luck would have it and I only flatted at my trailer during a rest.
    2010 Specialized Epic Expert Carbon
    2008 SL2
    2005 S-Works E5
    and the patience of a 2 yr old.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Thanks for the responses...

I will be using bottles although my bike only has 1 cage. 11 miles shouldnt be bad per bottle... I see my back aching from a camelback although I might still try it out....
    Thanks again