mtbr member
    Aug 2006

No good **Race Face** not Responding to my Emails

The company's phone number on their website does not work and they don't reply to my emails. I recently sent a follow up email after weeks with no reply .

Does anyone know an alternate phone number for them? Have you had the same issue?

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Something wrong with your cranks? I'm deciding on whether to order the rf deus xc
    cranks but I'll hold off until you get your issue resolved. Please post if you get a
    hold of them or I'll be looking at fsa cranks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Race Face Cranks

No, my seatpost broke...for the sixth time. I have a Deus XC crank and I like it. I also posted this on the 'General Discussion" forum and I recommend you check the replies there. It seems that Race Face is notorious for poor service.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Been own that road as well... not once but TWICE!

Rockfish
    Ditto. RF seatpost came with the bike (Giant '05 Reign II). Seatpost bolt attached to the two-piece clamp holding the saddle rails and seatpost together broke. I don't jump, I hadn't submitted the bike to abnormal abuse. RF customer service COMPLETELY blew me off. Told me only the seatpost is their responsibility, not the bolt. It happened on the trail and I couldn't find the two-piece clamp. They said "sorry, the seatpost didn't break; we're not responsible for the clamp you can't find". I was polite, but firm. Got me nowhere.

I politely told them they just lost a customer for life; they weren't concerned at all. Bottom line is: don't get one. Spend the extra money for a Thompson. I did and it's been bullet-proof. It will last you for years to come.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Hope That's not Good Service

I actually ride an '05 XTC (full carbon) and the seatpost came on that bike. The exact same hing happened and I can't find the clamp either.

I hope they don't blow me off as well. I will certainly make sure that word gets out to other forums if they do blow me off. I like the Thompson design, but I'll see what Race Face does and how they handle this (if they ever get back to me). I notice that many local shops shy away from carrying Race Face components and I bet this is why. They don't want to have to deal with them either. Giant also began spec'ing their bikes with Easton and Shimano more so than Race Face (it seems) so maybe they got some feedback from their customers.

Thanks for your post.

Team Chilidog!
    Well, that bites

I have RF cranks, and I've never broken them *knock on wood*. I'm hoping this isn't a trend. I've been very happy with their cranks, so I'm bummed to hear this about their CS.
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

I AM I AM
    Hmm, I've got Diabolus cranks so at least there is a slim chance they'll break. At some point I did consider getting a RF seat post, I'm glad now that I chose Syncros instead!

But more relative to the topic, I did email them some time ago because I wanted to know the exact rise and sweep of my Race Face Ride riser (which I can only assume is made OEM for Giant amongst others since it's not on their website). Needless to say I didn't get a reply.
    Mind you I sent a friendly email to Ethirteen as well when I cracked my bashie (through fault of my own - over torquing most likely) it was just for their info not for any sort of warranty - I wanted to know if the kind of lube I used could have had any influence, and received no reply - I guess probably because I'm in Australia & not in the US.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Race face makes good replacement rings

Quote Originally Posted by walverio900
    The company's phone number on their website does not work and they don't reply to my emails. I recently sent a follow up email after weeks with no reply .

Does anyone know an alternate phone number for them? Have you had the same issue?
    other than that, I would not know, my bikes are mostly 10 year old shimano xt & xtr equipped.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by ellsklein
    Something wrong with your cranks? I'm deciding on whether to order the rf deus xc
    cranks but I'll hold off until you get your issue resolved. Please post if you get a
    hold of them or I'll be looking at fsa cranks.
    I would get XT's
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Death By Snoo Snoo

non-existent customer service

i had the same experience with them when i tried getting help to get warranty service. Not a single reply back to my emails and when i called I was able to leave a voicemail but i never got a call back.

they make a decent product but with their lack of customer service I will spend my money with a company that provides some post sale support. I will never buy another Race Face product... or even accept one as a gift.