mtbr member

***Luge Flag Fund***

So I ride the Luge about once or twice a week and "someone" has usually stepped up to the plate and donated flags for the flagpole at the top of the Luge. Since I have been up the the last few weeks I noticed that the current Semper Fi flag is in shambles.

I suppose I will be the one to start replacing flags on a regular basis. The flags cost about 40 bucks and probably need replacing every 4-5 months.

If you feel like donating $5 bucks, please use this email address: LugeFlagFund@Gmail.com. You can also email me there if you have any questions about your $5.

I'll be riding Whiting Luge again on Tuesday around 1pm to place a temporary nylon flag since the current unit is tattered. When the nice canvas units arrive, we can all get together replace the flag and have a cold brewski afterwards.

Hopefully we can do this without just one person donating 40 bucks for a flag. I can do that myself if needed. The idea is to get the community together to understand what a great thing it is to fly a USA flag on top of the Luge!!

Thanks for your help!! See ya out there.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    The path bike shop organizes rides there like every week. maybe they would get involved or put up a flyer or donation box in their shop? Some people might feel better about leaving money in a box at a shop rather then paypaling a stranger. just an idea.
    Just some yahoo on a Wahoo

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCapps View Post
    The path bike shop organizes rides there like every week. maybe they would get involved or put up a flyer or donation box in their shop? Some people might feel better about leaving money in a box at a shop rather then paypaling a stranger. just an idea.
    Yes, The path is very much involved. There will be a small acrylic donation box labeled "Luge Flag Fund" at both stores in the next few days.

I completely agree that sending money to a stranger is weird. That is why the donation max is $5. I will be taking picture os receipts and posting for all to see.

Thanks for the contribution!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by flynride View Post
    Yes, The path is very much involved. There will be a small acrylic donation box labeled "Luge Flag Fund" at both stores in the next few days.

I completely agree that sending money to a stranger is weird. That is why the donation max is $5. I will be taking picture os receipts and posting for all to see.

Thanks for the contribution!
    I like the idea of a flag fund too. I'll be stopping by the Path in the canyon to donate. Semper Fi !