"Audaces fortuna iuvat"
    Aug 2004

Zip Tie Rescue Dirt Rag Magazine

So I was riding out at China Camp a few months back and came upon a rider who's headset had come loose and the bolts were broken. So I stopped and tried to help him fix it with some ZIP TIES that I always carry... ANYWAY Yesterday I was riding by some people and I guess it was the same guy.. he told me thanks again and the he had taken a picture of our handy work with the zip ties and it was published in DIRT RAG magazine.. .

I don't subscribe but I guess it was a month or so ago and entitled "Zip Tie Rescue" - I was wondering if anyone has the issue and could scan / post it or at least tell me what month it is so I can order a back issue copy.....

Never thought helping someone out would lead to publication !!!

John

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jhruth
    So I was riding out at China Camp a few months back and came upon a rider who's headset had come loose and the bolts were broken. So I stopped and tried to help him fix it with some ZIP TIES that I always carry... ANYWAY Yesterday I was riding by some people and I guess it was the same guy.. he told me thanks again and the he had taken a picture of our handy work with the zip ties and it was published in DIRT RAG magazine.. .

I don't subscribe but I guess it was a month or so ago and entitled "Zip Tie Rescue" - I was wondering if anyone has the issue and could scan / post it or at least tell me what month it is so I can order a back issue copy.....

John
    Hmm I don't subscribe either, but I do have the last couple of issues. I'll take a look for ya.

aka baycat
    your famous!

hope someone finds this, want to see the pic

what! you don't subscribe to DR???

... and you call yourselves mountainbikers! Sheesh...

I do recall that letter. Unfortunately I gave all of my mags away when I moved. You can order back issues if you know the issue #.

aka dan51
    Quote Originally Posted by jhruth

John
    I have it. However my I don't have a scanner. I'll take a pic of it when I remember. My memory is terrible, so it may not happen

-Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    ...People thought they were getting a good fork because it was a "fox".

mtbr member
    I have the issue as well, it's #120 and the cover looks like this:

I'll have to see if I can't scan the letter and the small photo up tomorrow.

aka dan51
    Dude,
    You received the highest honor any man could get. He called you "like McGuyver"

Sorry about the crappy image.

-Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    ...People thought they were getting a good fork because it was a "fox".

aka baycat
    Wow John Props!

Rocky Singletrack + China camp = must be somewhere else

"Audaces fortuna iuvat"
    Aug 2004

Ha ! That's funny !!

Quote Originally Posted by dan51
    Dude,

-Dan

Anyone have a second to SCAN it ? Can't really see the pic in that photo.....

McGuyver.... that's funny.. I always carry tools and I was actually thinking of getting some stronger zip ties to carry.... they're better than duct tape !!!

"Audaces fortuna iuvat"
    Aug 2004

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by dan51
    Dude,

-Dan
    For taking a pic of it !

Feeling a little taller
    I have only met one person who spells their name "Lorel," Plim's GF! I wonder if she witnessed the fix...

Paging Mr. Plim, Mr. Plim to the white courtesy phone...
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay