Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member

You're not gonna ride trails this weekend ... right?

Ok then .... if you are gonna try... where ? ... and how bout some pics if you do.
    Still searching for my red headed hairdresser Tiffany. "Economic Mother Nature" ... Knocks at door! -AR

mtbr member
    Riding through the Presidio one rainy day, I was booking through a trail and ended up on a pretty steep single track. I kept going and my tired got caught in a groove and I wiped out big time. Fractured my tailbone as well since I landed on a rock. I was so pissed, that I took my bike and threw it down the rest of the trail pretty. I bent the wheels and rear derailleur. So there I was with a fractured tailbone, mud all over with a busted bike. I think I'm staying off the trails this weekend.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakester View Post
    Riding through the Presidio one rainy day, I was booking through a trail and ended up on a pretty steep single track. I kept going and my tired got caught in a groove and I wiped out big time. Fractured my tailbone as well since I landed on a rock. I was so pissed, that I took my bike and threw it down the rest of the trail pretty. I bent the wheels and rear derailleur. So there I was with a fractured tailbone, mud all over with a busted bike. I think I'm staying off the trails this weekend.
    you should have pooped on it

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I won't be riding trails.

But I may ride fire roads.

rho
    Life is strange
    Gonna do some road riding And some hiking.

Sent by smoke signal.

Wēk Ss
    Riding in my garage, and running.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I'm thinking about hitting up Nisene tomorrow, if any of you TSP chaps want to go for a long, boring pedal up.

orthonormal
    Most parts of Ft. Ord should be fine. Just stay away from Station One Rd, upper goat, and a few other spots.
    The glass is twice as large as it needs to be

mtbr member
    Planning on spinning up Tam on the SS. Railroad grade is always fine. Headlands will be fine too. If not then a road spin in between cells.
    Previously known as mttamrnr.

mtbr member
    Here's some crazy talk. I saw the long horrible forecast (which is turning into a lot of sunshine for next week) and figured I'd start a 7 day fast. Nothing but veggie drinks, water, and tea for 7 days. I hear the first three days suck but everything mellows out after...we'll see. I am on day one though yesterday ate nothing but raw veggies and fruit. With that, will be starving this weekend for both food and riding. Have fun out there...and have fun realizing the drive train is shot from a long summer of dirty miles. (Aside from you SSers that is)
    I'm not sure how this works.

mtbr member
    Going to hit up GB.

HTFU!

Stage/Quarry

Thinking of riding Stagecoach and Quarry this weekend. Seems like stage. Would be fine if you just roll down and ride up. Thinking Quarry would drain well also. If not I might just do repeats on Stagecoach.
    I no longer deserve a signature.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    Here's some crazy talk. I saw the long horrible forecast (which is turning into a lot of sunshine for next week) and figured I'd start a 7 day fast. Nothing but veggie drinks, water, and tea for 7 days. I hear the first three days suck but everything mellows out after...we'll see. I am on day one though yesterday ate nothing but raw veggies and fruit. With that, will be starving this weekend for both food and riding. Have fun out there...and have fun realizing the drive train is shot from a long summer of dirty miles. (Aside from you SSers that is)
    C U Sunday morning ... and yes I can swing by to get you if you like ! That fasting stuff is just silly bro !
    Still searching for my red headed hairdresser Tiffany. "Economic Mother Nature" ... Knocks at door! -AR

rho
    Life is strange
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    I'm thinking about hitting up Nisene tomorrow, if any of you TSP chaps want to go for a long, boring pedal up.
    Im going to be stuck in a clean room tomorrow. im bumed.

Sent by smoke signal.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by etuck View Post
    Planning on spinning up Tam on the SS. Railroad grade is always fine. Headlands will be fine too. If not then a road spin in between cells.
    What you talkin for ft. gain on that ride. How bout I show up with a few SS riders for etuck's "SS Tam tour" sometime ? say LP... Mboldt ... lilysdad ... What gearing are you doing on Tam?

fc
    mtbr founder Administrator
    you can force the issue but it is a bad idea. Mt. Umunumunum just got 8 inches of rain.

Pirate!!!
    Just took my first spin class with a bunch of hens, WTF, boring!!! And really hard... We had 9.5" rain here on Cobb in the last 24hrs.

Wēk Ss
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cobb View Post
    Just took my first spin class with a bunch of hens, WTF, boring!!! And really hard... We had 9.5" rain here on Cobb in the last 24hrs.
    I hope you had nice scenery in the chicken coop.

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    you can force the issue but it is a bad idea. Mt. Umunumunum just got 8 inches of rain.
    Yeah, I think it's going to be bad out there. Everything is past the saturation point, we might start getting reports of mud slides when the 3rd front moves through on Sunday.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    have been stockpiling all the rain gear i could find on chainlove over the summer LoL

got absolutely poured on this morning and i loved it!

also for you guys suffering in your garages look up the tacx multi-player trainer. Have been riding with guys all over the world now for a few seasons and its a great way to forget your stuck indoors

I like mtn biking, too
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cobb View Post
    Yikes! Thanks for that bit of info! I hope our bungalow did not float away. Probably not.
    Half the planet is deep into bloody tribal mayhem. Were just riding bikes (and drinking beer) here.
    ~Fairfaxian

Puro Vida!
    Details please-I was thinking Kennedy but perhaps-

I like mtn biking, too
    I will be doing a wilderness first aid course at UCSC. We will be outside rolling around on the cold wet ground. Brr...
    Half the planet is deep into bloody tribal mayhem. Were just riding bikes (and drinking beer) here.
    ~Fairfaxian

singletrack bound
    Might be a little slick. I live a couple miles from the entrance and I got 3.3" of rain today!
    But....A buddy and I are considering running down to Fort Ord (on the SS's) and poke around there for a few hours. I'm an eighth & giggling kinda a guy but with all the recent closures we will be heading over to Creekside.....
    Sorrel Seeker !!

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    TNB - Just park at the end of Inter-Garrison road and take the easement accross to what's left of Happy Trails and the rest of Central Ord.

singletrack bound
    Quote Originally Posted by DMFT View Post
    TNB - Just park at the end of Inter-Garrison road and take the easement accross to what's left of Happy Trails and the rest of Central Ord.
    Yeah.....That's a good idea. might do that instead. Climb up the short hill going in and hang a left and head towards E. Garrison yeah?

Nativeson......you up for it?

Thanks.
    Sorrel Seeker !!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone No Balone View Post
    Might be a little slick. I live a couple miles from the entrance and I got 3.3" of rain today!
    But....A buddy and I are considering running down to Fort Ord (on the SS's) and poke around there for a few hours. I'm an eighth & giggling kinda a guy but with all the recent closures we will be heading over to Creekside.....
    Well, I guess we're just gonna have to take it slow.

mtbr member
    China camp was ok yesterday, and Burdell olampali okay tonight.
    Giant Team Bike & Bean-Marin Co., CA

https://www.facebook.com/GiantBikeandBean

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post

Oh come on you wimps, 8 inches of rain is nothing. Let's get out there and hit Kennedy tomorrow with PRs for all.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shredchic View Post
    I will be doing a wilderness first aid course at UCSC. We will be outside rolling around on the cold wet ground. Brr...

I'll be playing disc golf. sorry if we tag you with a disc. Just remember, don't throw it back at us.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

dw22107
    Jan 2008
    Probably favorite Murphys, backroads loop. Put on the file tread. More like a cross ride due to unimproved road which should be muddy, no traffic and good scenery along with my favorite dog protecting his yard. I just hope he is inside his yard or it = instant sprint. He usually falls for the sprint right, juke left at the last moment and he can't quite make the adjustment. I know he is laughing behind the bark. Loop = Dogtown Road, Santa Dominga, Sheep Ranch, French Gulch, Highway 4. DW

mtbr member
    Got some steep streets around where I live. Rode out there Saturday. Whenever I saw a hill, I turned down the street and started climbing. Saw some interesting things. For example, I didn't realized there was a water treatment plant nearby. Embarrassing! I guess I need to get out more often.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails You're not gonna ride trails this weekend ... right?-img_0668.jpg  

You're not gonna ride trails this weekend ... right?-img_0671.jpg  

You're not gonna ride trails this weekend ... right?-img_0675.jpg  

You're not gonna ride trails this weekend ... right?-img_0678.jpg  

You're not gonna ride trails this weekend ... right?-img_0687.jpg  

You're not gonna ride trails this weekend ... right?-img_0688.jpg  

You're not gonna ride trails this weekend ... right?-img_0690.jpg  

You're not gonna ride trails this weekend ... right?-img_0699.jpg  

You're not gonna ride trails this weekend ... right?-img_0701.jpg  

Last edited by darich; 12-03-2012 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Added photos

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    No riding for me, just studying. Riding later this week with the new bike hopefully.
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird
    2004 Turner Rail - Stoled

Uncle
    Quote Originally Posted by etuck View Post
    This, minus the Headlands. Me n BSSparky gonna start at W. Blythedale ~11am, probably just up and back down on SS bikes (32x20 for me, dude who asked). My first ride since injuring my hand a few weeks ago, so I'm not waiting for sun.

FYI, Sunday looks much worse than Saturday from what I can tell. Smoke 'em while you got 'em.
    Great prices - some sweet vintage stuff: http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showprod...product=101010

ventanakaz
    i'm gonna try and do some trail work as soon as the rain lets up, some 13 year old kids asked me to fix a landing and maybe i'll get up on mile and do some work on that trail. i think my injury is cured enough to get back on the bike. it's a good time to build and fix trails and jumps...ralph
    i need to ride more. building jumps takes to much time...my other hobby is kicking the crap outta my home built mook jong.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by StuLax18 View Post
    No riding for me, just studying. Riding later this week with the new bike hopefully.
    Do tell...what bike!!?
    I'm not sure how this works.

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    Do tell...what bike!!?
    Pivot Firebird. Took my insurance check, some future Christmas money, and a bit of my own.

I loved the Mojo HD, but it's a bit too much and not exactly the specs I wanted. FB gives me DW-link, with pretty much the exact specs I wanted such as geo, travel, and drivetrain. I got to demo one and couldn't find anything wrong with it. Unfortunately this wasn't in the area so I don't know for sure, but hopefully it will climb well enough.
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird

Wēk Ss
    Pivot Firebird. Took my insurance check, some future Christmas money, and a bit of my own.

I loved the Mojo HD, but it's a bit too much and not exactly the specs I wanted. FB gives me DW-link, with pretty much the exact specs I wanted such as geo, travel, and drivetrain. I got to demo one and couldn't find anything wrong with it. Unfortunately this wasn't in the area so I don't know for sure, but hopefully it will climb well enough.
    Sweet! I'm still on the fence myself.

mtbr member

OK I'll go first !

I will go check out Kennedy for all you folks and report back soon. 11:15 ish eta.

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    Sweet! I'm still on the fence myself.
    There's some new Pivot DW was testing out. Carbon FB makes sense to me. I would hold out for that if interested. Personally I wouldn't take the price increase of carbon.
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

fort ord

Fort Ord was nice this morning. A little wetter than I like but definitely worth it if you can get out this afternoon.

Wēk Ss
    There's some new Pivot DW was testing out. Carbon FB makes sense to me. I would hold out for that if interested. Personally I wouldn't take the price increase of carbon.
    We'll have to see. The Carbon Mach 5.7 is FUGLY. All my wheels are also 135 rear, so that would make a difference for me as well. The 2011 might be the best bet for me.

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    We'll have to see. The Carbon Mach 5.7 is FUGLY. All my wheels are also 135 rear, so that would make a difference for me as well. The 2011 might be the best bet for me.
    Yeah 5.7 would have been my other option but I didn't like the looks either. Although I didn't like the look of the linkage of the FB at first, I realized that's superficial to the actual riding.
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I saw Ancient Rascal, rascal'ing up Kennedy.

singletrack bound
    Got two hours out at the Fort and yes, it was a wet ride but trails were in really good shape. Some standing water but packed everything else!
    Ran into three or four guys from Scott's Valley getting some Too!!!! Followed their tracks all the way to the radio tower/rock lookout down 50 but at the bottom it looks like they took the pavement either way cause 49/50 junction had no tracks on it!

No rain and as I was doubling back, the sun popped a little bit. The feds closed/marked a bunch of the old twisties under the oaks but really, it was still a good ride connecting the main BLM trails over to ridge and down 50. Got 59 Blair Witch on the way back and out 69 to the access road that leads you back to inter garrison Rd.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails You're not gonna ride trails this weekend ... right?-fort-dec-1.jpg  

You're not gonna ride trails this weekend ... right?-fort-ride-dec-1.jpg  

You're not gonna ride trails this weekend ... right?-fort-ride-dec-1-iii.jpg  

You're not gonna ride trails this weekend ... right?-fort-ride-dec-1-iv.jpg  

Sorrel Seeker !!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Here are mine from the "K" Word.

Go Robert, Go.

Creepmeister Extra Large a.k.a. Creepy McCreeperson a.k.a. Sir Mix a Creep

Most of you know I loathe Kennedy, but riding with my good ol' pal, Nelson34, made it all bettah. We talked about decapitation videos, angry wives, hot Los Gatos women in yoga pants, etc. My Garmin was going in and out, and said I averaged 2.9 MPH up to the tree. Ef you, Garmin... you a LIE!

mtbr member

Kennedy was just fine today

Trail was in great shape with killer traction on everything. Did a run up Kennedy and out and back to El Sombroso. Cool to see Dion and # 34 out there on a grouName:  1201121211.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  26.4 KB

Name:  1201121130.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  20.8 KB

Name:  1201121245.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  15.8 KB

You're not gonna ride trails this weekend ... right?-1201121307a.jpgp ride.

PRETENDURO
    Bizzatches:

Kennedy slop n glop 9:00AM-9:30AMish Sunday morning

See you there maana!!! Vatos locos pinchos!!!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Bizzatches:

Kennedy slop n glop 9:00AM-9:30AMish Sunday morning

See you there maana!!! Vatos locos pinchos!!!
    At 9 30 tamale the water is gonna be just under the gates S A 0 1 on the pole in my pic.

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    At 9 30 tamale the water is gonna be just under the gates S A 0 1 on the pole in my pic.
    The fatbike can handle it. The rider, however, I am not sure of yet.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Wēk Ss
    I'm gonna puss out. Raining buckets is not a cool ride, and I burned my legs up doing sprint intervals today. I'm still sore. Running sucks, but it's fast and hard.

Wunderground says 100% chance of rain until 4PM. Yahoo says heavy rain until 3PM.

I bought a Kurt Kinetic Rock'n'Roll that I'm gonna set up, working on my roadie swing sounds like a cool thing to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast