Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

You're not gonna ride trails this weekend ... right?

Ok then .... if you are gonna try... where ? ... and how bout some pics if you do.
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

mtbr member
    Riding through the Presidio one rainy day, I was booking through a trail and ended up on a pretty steep single track. I kept going and my tired got caught in a groove and I wiped out big time. Fractured my tailbone as well since I landed on a rock. I was so pissed, that I took my bike and threw it down the rest of the trail pretty. I bent the wheels and rear derailleur. So there I was with a fractured tailbone, mud all over with a busted bike. I think I'm staying off the trails this weekend.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakester View Post
    Riding through the Presidio one rainy day, I was booking through a trail and ended up on a pretty steep single track. I kept going and my tired got caught in a groove and I wiped out big time. Fractured my tailbone as well since I landed on a rock. I was so pissed, that I took my bike and threw it down the rest of the trail pretty. I bent the wheels and rear derailleur. So there I was with a fractured tailbone, mud all over with a busted bike. I think I'm staying off the trails this weekend.
    you should have pooped on it

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I won't be riding trails.

But I may ride fire roads.

rho
    Captain Pinchflat
    Gonna do some road riding And some hiking.

Sent by smoke signal.

Wēk Ss
    Riding in my garage, and running.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I'm thinking about hitting up Nisene tomorrow, if any of you TSP chaps want to go for a long, boring pedal up.

orthonormal
    Most parts of Ft. Ord should be fine. Just stay away from Station One Rd, upper goat, and a few other spots.
    The glass is twice as large as it needs to be

mtbr member
    Planning on spinning up Tam on the SS. Railroad grade is always fine. Headlands will be fine too. If not then a road spin in between cells.
    Previously known as mttamrnr.

mtbr member
    Here's some crazy talk. I saw the long horrible forecast (which is turning into a lot of sunshine for next week) and figured I'd start a 7 day fast. Nothing but veggie drinks, water, and tea for 7 days. I hear the first three days suck but everything mellows out after...we'll see. I am on day one though yesterday ate nothing but raw veggies and fruit. With that, will be starving this weekend for both food and riding. Have fun out there...and have fun realizing the drive train is shot from a long summer of dirty miles. (Aside from you SSers that is)
    I'm not sure how this works.

mtbr member
    Going to hit up GB.

HTFU!

Stage/Quarry

Thinking of riding Stagecoach and Quarry this weekend. Seems like stage. Would be fine if you just roll down and ride up. Thinking Quarry would drain well also. If not I might just do repeats on Stagecoach.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    Here's some crazy talk. I saw the long horrible forecast (which is turning into a lot of sunshine for next week) and figured I'd start a 7 day fast. Nothing but veggie drinks, water, and tea for 7 days. I hear the first three days suck but everything mellows out after...we'll see. I am on day one though yesterday ate nothing but raw veggies and fruit. With that, will be starving this weekend for both food and riding. Have fun out there...and have fun realizing the drive train is shot from a long summer of dirty miles. (Aside from you SSers that is)
    C U Sunday morning ... and yes I can swing by to get you if you like ! That fasting stuff is just silly bro !

rho
    Captain Pinchflat
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    I'm thinking about hitting up Nisene tomorrow, if any of you TSP chaps want to go for a long, boring pedal up.
    Im going to be stuck in a clean room tomorrow. im bumed.

Sent by smoke signal.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by etuck View Post
    Planning on spinning up Tam on the SS. Railroad grade is always fine. Headlands will be fine too. If not then a road spin in between cells.
    What you talkin for ft. gain on that ride. How bout I show up with a few SS riders for etuck's "SS Tam tour" sometime ? say LP... Mboldt ... lilysdad ... What gearing are you doing on Tam?

swag ho Administrator
    you can force the issue but it is a bad idea. Mt. Umunumunum just got 8 inches of rain.

Team Chilidog!
    Probably still riding the sofa. Being sick and riding in the rain doesn't bode well. Recovering, but don't wanna push my luck. Ord most likely next weekend though.
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

Pirate!!!
    Just took my first spin class with a bunch of hens, WTF, boring!!! And really hard... We had 9.5" rain here on Cobb in the last 24hrs.

Wēk Ss
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cobb View Post
    Just took my first spin class with a bunch of hens, WTF, boring!!! And really hard... We had 9.5" rain here on Cobb in the last 24hrs.
    I hope you had nice scenery in the chicken coop.

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    you can force the issue but it is a bad idea. Mt. Umunumunum just got 8 inches of rain.
    Yeah, I think it's going to be bad out there. Everything is past the saturation point, we might start getting reports of mud slides when the 3rd front moves through on Sunday.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    have been stockpiling all the rain gear i could find on chainlove over the summer LoL

got absolutely poured on this morning and i loved it!

also for you guys suffering in your garages look up the tacx multi-player trainer. Have been riding with guys all over the world now for a few seasons and its a great way to forget your stuck indoors

I like mtn biking, too
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cobb View Post
    Yikes! Thanks for that bit of info! I hope our bungalow did not float away. Probably not.
    Never use your face as a brake pad.
    -Jake Watson

Puro Vida!
    Details please-I was thinking Kennedy but perhaps-

I like mtn biking, too
    I will be doing a wilderness first aid course at UCSC. We will be outside rolling around on the cold wet ground. Brr...
    Never use your face as a brake pad.
    -Jake Watson

singletrack bound
    Might be a little slick. I live a couple miles from the entrance and I got 3.3" of rain today!
    But....A buddy and I are considering running down to Fort Ord (on the SS's) and poke around there for a few hours. I'm an eighth & giggling kinda a guy but with all the recent closures we will be heading over to Creekside.....
    Sorrel Seeker !!

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    TNB - Just park at the end of Inter-Garrison road and take the easement accross to what's left of Happy Trails and the rest of Central Ord.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast