Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Your not riding Easter Sunday ... right?

1K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Tone No Balone 
#1 · (Edited)
Cool ride with LG Man today. jason13 #17 was looking for orange bike LP #13 today. Speaking of orange ... check out the 800 hp Camaro at Peet's today. Motor vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design
Tire Motor vehicle Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim
Yes ... of course I will be riding tamale if its not pouring ... anyone else ?

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice Camaro.

Watching the weather this morning. Hoping to get a ride in before the rain starts. If it is too wet out there I'll probably head to LG.

#11 ·
I hit Demo this morning too... Way too wet. It must have dumped in there. I checked the rain gauges around said there was almost no rain last night... not sure whats up. Anyway after sliding backwards out of a couple turns, I decided to head out and not damage the trails. Hit Dogmeat climb on the way home and chatted with AR at the top for a few.

#12 ·
Who's the azzhole who re-learned bunnyhop wallrides on his 38th birthday - leaving black rainbows on schoolyard walls? :p

Holy schnit. I just had one of the best rides in a long time. New frame "woke" everything up. Re-learned 360 bunny hops, half cabs, 180's, fastplants, and just was bunnyhopping everything in sight. I even started in on half cabs off curbs until I had to get back home. It was like I was 16 again. Man, oh man... what a way to spend an hour out of the afternoon! Unfortunately, I just built it the other day and the rear brake mounts came loose, otherwise I'd still be leaving black rainbows on walls.

Note: a wallride is when you bunnyhop, jump, launch, etc. onto a wall and carve it - literally riding on the wall for a brief moment. Grinning and possible fist pumping while no one is around usually results. :D

#16 ·
It was manageable until I reached the helipad. My rear derailleur cable snapped, so I was running like a single speeder, and I've decided to bail at that point. Unfortunately I chose to return via Braille, and that was a huge mistake. It was extremely slippery to a point where I had to dismount a few times and walk sections. You engage the brakes - and nothing happens, the bike keeps on sliding full speed and uncontrollably washing out from under you.

In retrospect I should have probably taken Tractor to get out.

#17 ·
same thing happened to me on the Aptos side of Rosalia.....

hit some "s" turns at speed on my way back down and went off trail into the bush. Front and rear wheel broke loose, just missed a big redwood and face/shoulder planted into some heavy decomposed leafy stuff and ate some dirt:skep: ....happened really fast. Got up, looked around like what the heck just happened !
To my surprise it was pretty wet in there today. My rain gauge said .22 overnight. Had I known it was going to be that wet I would have skipped the ride today but as it turned out I still got 2.5hrs in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.