Let go lightly

You Want More Trails? Vote Yes on Measure Q in Santa Clara County

As many of you know the Santa Clara County Open Space Authority has been quite supportive of mountain bike access and we at SVMTB believe they will expand opportunities for riders going forward.

Please support Measure Q and encourage your friends and family to vote YES.

At $24/year it's a small price to pay to expand our open space.

It's important that Mountain Bikers get the word out since we know these elections can swing on a few votes.

Another great video from our videographer and chopper pilot Charlie is here
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vodnGxfTohs

Measure Q information is here Santa Clara County Open Space Authority | About OSA | Open Space Funding
    Support trails, support access. Join IMBA and your local advocates - SVMTB. www.svmtb.org

he who goes without food
    Absolutely!!!!

Let go lightly

Take a couple hours to do something for trails!

Friends of Santa Clara County Open Space need volunteers during the evening to work the phone banks. Mostly this is about calling likely supporters and encouraging them to go to the polls.
    Please take a couple hours to volunteer for this important effort.
    Go here to sign up
    Yes On Q: Measure Q Phone Banks

Thanks,

Alex
    Support trails, support access. Join IMBA and your local advocates - SVMTB. www.svmtb.org

Let go lightly

Your chance to make a difference - phonebanks for Measure Q Open Space

I've talked to the folks doing the get out the vote effort for Measure Q. Apparently this kind of measure typically polls very well, especially since the parcel tax is only $24/year. Think about it - that's about 6 gallons of gas or 4 super burritos and you get something lasting for your money!

The challenge is getting those likely voters to go to the polls or to send in their absentee ballot.

So the phone banks are very important. Please sign up for one. I'm told we will mostly be calling likely YES voters so the calls shouldn't be too challenging. But this vote isn't a slam dunk. 2/3 needed to pass so we have to work hard to make it happen.

Sign up for an evening at the phone bank here: Yes On Q: Measure Q Phone Banks

You'll see that there are events in Morgan Hill, San Jose and Palo Alto so driving or biking to one close to home shouldn't be too hard.

Thanks!

Alex

he who goes without food
    Vote by Mail begins today!

Let go lightly

More EASY actions you can take

Here are some more things you can do to help - see the link below

1. Become a phone bank volunteer. Easy to sign up
    2. Hang a Measure Q sign
    3. Use the Measure Q image as your cover photo on your Facebook page

Go here for more
    1 month left for Measure Q! - Committee for Green FoothillsCommittee for Green Foothills

Let go lightly

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Attended my first phone bank - good turnout

I attended the phone bank on October 8th in San Jose. Pretty good turnout - I think about 10 callers showed up of the 20 they wanted.

Easy job - spent 2 hours making about 80 calls and speaking to about a dozen likely Yes voters encouraging them to send in their ballot or go to the polls.

We need more help getting this done though - there are more phone bank sessions coming up in Palo Alto, San Jose and Morgan Hill. They all start at 5pm so stop by on your way home from work (after 5 is OK, too) and put in an hour or 2 calling. It will make a difference.

Signup information is here Yes On Q: Measure Q Phone Banks

Thanks,

Alex

More Torque
    Link to original post.

Worthy cause, for sure.

-D

mtbr member
    I voted for the parcel tax and sent a $50 donation to Yes for Q as well. OSA is as mountain-bike friendly as any agency you'll find anywhere, and its small staff builds and maintains trails to a standard well above what the agency's minuscule budget calls for. It's pretty amazing . . . the opposite of the stereotypical government bureaucracy.

Let go lightly

Thanks!

Thanks for your concrete support for the measure.

I still want to encourage all trail users to help out with the campaign for Measure Q. I've done a couple of the phone banks and so far the response has been positive but we all know how hard it is to get a 2/3 vote. The phone bank work is painless - I attended each for 2 hours and the time flew by.
    You can sign up here Yes On Q: Measure Q Phone Banks

For all phone bank volunteers, SVMTB will be hosting a thank you party at the Sports Page after we're done calling on October 30. Look for more information on our Facebook page and SJ Mountain Biking meetups.

Also check out Support open space by dialing for votes: Measure Q

Thanks,

Alex

mtbr member
    I'm volunteering at one of the phone bank nights next week. We call voters and encourage them to vote yes on Q. Looking forward to it!

Let go lightly

The Final Sprint

This is the last week to make calls for Measure Q. Thanks to all our supporters so far. Phone Banks on Tuesday 10/28, Wednesday 10/29 and Thursday 10/30.

For all volunteers we're having a celebration at the Sports Page in Mountain View starting about 8:15 on Thursday sponsored by SVMTB. Please join us.

Signup for the phone bank at Yes On Q: Measure Q Phone Banks

Thanks,

Alex