Crazed Country Rebel

X post: 4 Days in Moab.

Flew in to Las Vegas Wednesday night, hopped in to my buddy's van and drove to St George, UT. We got up early the next day and drove to Moab - but it was a much longer drive than normal, LOTS of snow and sleet - slowed us down quite a bit.

Our warm up ride Thursday afternoon was Amasa Back to Jacksons - not bad for having no sleep and just gotten in to town.

We rode with Merrick from Moab Cyclery and a motley crue of former Escape Adventures guides.

The next day we did "green dot" and Portal trail. That's one helluva ride! Possibly my favorite Moab ride yet, and I've done almost all of them. The weather was cold and crisp - but all the climbing warmed us up and we had a great time.

The snow had melted a bit by Friday so we shuttled up and did Porcupine. I don't have all the pics downloaded yet and will post them later. Upper Porcupine was COVERED in snow and ice. The notch was icy and we all ended up sliding down the trail on our butts -flailing uncontrolably on the ice.

Once we got past the ice and snow, the trail was perfect and we ripped it!

That night was the Moab Halloween Party at the Elks lodge. It was a rough night.

We did a hang over burner yesterday up Amasa and down Jacksons. Boy was I shaky, with no sleep and too many beers the night before.

We drove back to Vegas last night and are hitting Cowboy Trails before I head home - haggard, bruised, sore and stoked!

Here's some pics - I will post the rest when I get home.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X post: 4 Days in Moab.-chuckd.jpg  

X post: 4 Days in Moab.-ferret1.jpg  

X post: 4 Days in Moab.-ferret2.jpg  

X post: 4 Days in Moab.-ferret3.jpg  

X post: 4 Days in Moab.-ferret4.jpg  

X post: 4 Days in Moab.-ferret5.jpg  

X post: 4 Days in Moab.-ferret6.jpg  

X post: 4 Days in Moab.-ferret7.jpg  

X post: 4 Days in Moab.-gove1.jpg  

X post: 4 Days in Moab.-gove2.jpg  

Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

Specialized sucks dong

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles
    Flew in to Las Vegas Wednesday night, hopped in to my buddy's van and drove to St George, UT. We got up early the next day and drove to Moab - but it was a much longer drive than normal, LOTS of snow and sleet - slowed us down quite a bit.

Our warm up ride Thursday afternoon was Amasa Back to Jacksons - not bad for having no sleep and just gotten in to town.

We rode with Merrick from Moab Cyclery and a motley crue of former Escape Adventures guides.

The next day we did "green dot" and Portal trail. That's one helluva ride! Possibly my favorite Moab ride yet, and I've done almost all of them. The weather was cold and crisp - but all the climbing warmed us up and we had a great time.

The snow had melted a bit by Friday so we shuttled up and did Porcupine. I don't have all the pics downloaded yet and will post them later. Upper Porcupine was COVERED in snow and ice. The notch was icy and we all ended up sliding down the trail on our butts -flailing uncontrolably on the ice. All of us except Merrick and Travis, who rode the Notch covered in ice. Psick.

Once we got past the ice and snow, the trail was perfect and we ripped it!

That night was the Moab Halloween Party at the Elks lodge. It was a rough night.

We did a hang over burner yesterday up Amasa and down Jacksons. Boy was I shaky, with no sleep and too many beers the night before.

We drove back to Vegas last night and are hitting Cowboy Trails before I head home - haggard, bruised, sore and stoked!

Here's some pics - I will post the rest when I get home.
    Here's a few more from amasa and portal. I still have the Porcupine pics on my camera and haven't downloaded them yet...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X post: 4 Days in Moab.-gove3.jpg  

X post: 4 Days in Moab.-gove4.jpg  

X post: 4 Days in Moab.-jacques1.jpg  

X post: 4 Days in Moab.-jim-1.jpg  

X post: 4 Days in Moab.-photo-2-.jpg  

Specialized sucks dong

Spin-stabilized

Ah, Moab...

I need to ride there someday. Thanks for the pics.

Did this guy make it? Where's the landing?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X post: 4 Days in Moab.-jacques1.jpg  

Hey man, wanna go for a klunk?

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by bailout
    I need to ride there someday. Thanks for the pics.

Did this guy make it? Where's the landing?
    Yep. That's Jacques and he's a stone cold pimp.

That's one of the scariest drops out there, as on your left is a sheer cliff, on your right, jagged rocks - with just a couple feet in between to ride and hit the drop. It gives you vertigo just looking at it as the consequences of not making it are pretty stark - but otherwise it's a smooth entry and smooth landing - just behind the rock by his front wheel.

Specialized sucks dong

(slight return)
    Nice! Can't wait to see the rest of them.

-slide

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    looks like you guys had an AWESOME time up there !

actually, how could you not ?

last year i rode, portal, poison spider and, of course porcupine rim

nice pics by the way
    Racerick
    "The older I get, the faster I was"

Urban Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles
    That's one of the scariest drops out there, as on your left is a sheer cliff, on your right, jagged rocks - with just a couple feet in between to ride and hit the drop. It gives you vertigo just looking at it as the consequences of not making it are pretty stark - but otherwise it's a smooth entry and smooth landing - just behind the rock by his front wheel.
    I did that one last year. We hit Gold Bar Rim (Green Dot?) from Gemini Bridges all the way to Portal last year on our last day of riding 6 days straight. We were beat and had no idea what we were in for. The ride took out my last bit of energy but we all agreed that it was the best of the trip. I love all the A line options and riding next to the cliff is sweet. Next time I head to Moab we will be hitting this one while our legs are still fresh.
    For Sale: EPIC

Send it!

www.rayscyclebicycles.com

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by jeng
    I did that one last year. We hit Gold Bar Rim (Green Dot?) from Gemini Bridges all the way to Portal last year on our last day of riding 6 days straight. We were beat and had no idea what we were in for. The ride took out my last bit of energy but we all agreed that it was the best of the trip. I love all the A line options and riding next to the cliff is sweet. Next time I head to Moab we will be hitting this one while our legs are still fresh.
    A great ride, fo sho.

here's some mo!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X post: 4 Days in Moab.-ann-lps.jpg  

X post: 4 Days in Moab.-ann-lps-2.jpg  

X post: 4 Days in Moab.-jim-green-bar-climb.jpg  

X post: 4 Days in Moab.-jim-green-dot.jpg  

X post: 4 Days in Moab.-jim-jacques-green-bar-cliff.jpg  

X post: 4 Days in Moab.-merrick-notch.jpg  

X post: 4 Days in Moab.-travis-notch.jpg  

Specialized sucks dong

wg
    Fermented Grain Sampler
    Nice pics. Looks like an awesome time.

Big dog alert!

Don't harsh my mello