mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Would building a skills area at Waterdog ever be possible?

The dirt area near the Carlmont Dr. parking lot seems it could be a great place for a skills park. Skinnies, a few sequentially larger tables/doubles, log crossings, etc.

Knowing very little about who runs that land and how much $$ those kinds of areas usually cost, is that something that would be at all feasible?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Assume you know about the things that are on the "other side" of the hill?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Loll View Post
    Indeed, but most of the doubles there are already past my current ability (or cajones), and there isn't much other than jumps. Maybe it would make more sense to build stuff over there, but I figured it would be less "sanction-able".

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    belmont parks and rec manages manages the land and they have very little in the way of resources. if you take the idea to them and provide the design, materials, and labor they might be up for it

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rox View Post
    belmont parks and rec manages manages the land and they have very little in the way of resources. if you take the idea to them and provide the design, materials, and labor they might be up for it
    Ok, thanks, good to know. I'd be pilling to pony up maybe a few hundred for materials and a few weekends of labor. Curious if this would be something others would find desirable - maybe the funds and labor would be better served on the trails themselves.

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    the trails need work too. you could also just not ask anyone and build it on the other side of the hill

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    the trails need work too. you could also just not ask anyone and build it on the other side of the hill
    This is true...

Axe
    Custom User Title
    A few features near the parking lot would be great to train kids and those not willing to go over.

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    paging knobbyknees. she had some features out there last year for a couple months during the summer

mtbr member
    I'd love to see a little pump track built there.. not sure what sort of maintenance these things need but riding around one for a while down in New Zealand helped me improve my bike handling skillz. Not sure the city would ever go for it, of course

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    A few features near the parking lot would be great to train kids and those not willing to go over.
    Yah, well I was also thinking it would be trail-bike oriented. While one can ride the other side on a normal trail bike, it's usually kids on DH and freeride bikes with full-face helmets and Leatt devices.

> /dev/null 2&>1
    This is a great idea, I'd love to help. Pls pm me if i can help buy, build, or negotiate.
    ------------------------------------------------
    They're justified and they're ancient and they like to roam the land

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ForbiddenBeat View Post
    Yah, well I was also thinking it would be trail-bike oriented. While one can ride the other side on a normal trail bike, it's usually kids on DH and freeride bikes with full-face helmets and Leatt devices.
    They're not always kids.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Loll View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ForbiddenBeat View Post
    All - I'll be on the Peninsula this weekend, and would like to try something new. I would like to check out Waterdog Sunday morning. These comments are intriguing. Anyone want to PM me some beta on these "other side" areas with features?