mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Win a 2019 Specialized S-Works Stumpjumper with custom build for only $10

Thanks to the generosity of Specialized you can win this bike and you can help maintain trails in Marin County at the same time.

Access4Bikes Foundation is giving away a dream build, 2019 S-Works Stumpjumper. Winner chooses model, size, color, wheel size, and build kit.

Tickets are $10 each or 6 tickets for $50. Another winner will win a trip to Nakoma Lodge in the Lost Sierra including lodging, shuttles, and more.

https://access4bikes.com/giveaway

Win a 2019 Specialized S-Works Stumpjumper with custom build for only -win-bike-.jpg

fc
    head minion Administrator
    Right on. Good bike for a great cause!!!
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Wow, that's a nice thing to do. These bikes aren't cheap!

mtbr member
    "Maintain trails" and "Marin County" just don't seem to work in the same sentence.......

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_G View Post
    "Maintain trails" and "Marin County" just don't seem to work in the same sentence.......
    Im with ya there buddy.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    One thing I noticed is that Specialized says that the 27.5 and 29.5 models can both fit 3.0 tires. Does this mean that you can buy the 27.5 for the extra reach and "experiment" with 29" wheels on it? Wonder if this would work?

mtbr member
    It's easy. You buy a bunch of tickets. Attend the wonderful Ales & Trails event with all your pals. Ride your bike, savor tasty BBQ, & drink some excellent beer. Then they call your name and you win a fabulous bike. And if by some fluke, you donít win, you know youíve supported a worthy cause.

I know what I'm talking about. I won last year.
    I like to bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Let me help. Marin County, the "home of mountain biking' has proven to be the worst place to get more trails to ride. Therefor, places like China Camp and Tamarancho where we have great single track and loop opportunities get hit hard by our user group. There are places that need attention to reduce erosion and keep water going where it needs to go, and not right down the trail.

Why not be the problem solvers and donate our time and resources to fix these problems? This is the strategy Access4Bikes is taking to lend a hand to our land managers and show them that while some people just bitch and moan (like the entrenched environmental groups like Marin Conservation League), other groups actually put their $$ and sweat equity into real solutions that benefit our resources.

We truly believe that through efforts like these we will slowly achieve what we are seeking and that is to increase our single track access to an equitable share. Believe it or not, change IS happening now. Its just slow and hard to see but it is there.

So, please consider buying a raffle ticket or 6 and helping to fund our trail project in China Camp State Park.

Thanks!

MarkyMark
    I'm in for 6 tickets. Thanks Specialized and A4B. I saw the new Stumpy at Sea Otter and it looks HOT!

mtbr member
    Ales and trails is my favorite day of the year. There is camping this year too, so I don't have to ask my wife to pick me up
    I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone

Mr. Buck E. Fikes
    Quote Originally Posted by sfmtber View Post
    One thing I noticed is that Specialized says that the 27.5 and 29.5 models can both fit 3.0 tires. Does this mean that you can buy the 27.5 for the extra reach and "experiment" with 29" wheels on it? Wonder if this would work?
    FYI, The best version to get on the new Stumpjumper is the 29'r build because it will run the most sizes of tires in 29 as well as 27.5. There are numerous sizes that the 27.5 can't run and only 1 in the 29 category and that is a 27.5x2.35 due to the BB being too low.

used to be RipRoar
    Sweet, I am in for sure. A&T always fun day!..

Man I want that Stumpy!

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I'm afraid to say it but as of today, odds of winning this bike are incredibly good! Way more grass roots than the SBTS $5 foot campaign. Just sayin...

mtbr member
    Just dropped in for a quick-6. Here's to hoping for a new bike

mtbr member
    Donated. Don't really want to win unless it's an EVO, so here's hoping someone else wins.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Iíve never ridden there but I bought in to support the cause. I think they are missing out on some $$ by not making it easier to buy more than one ticket and less than 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    We fixed that RailnTrail. When you click the ticket purchase link Paypal will let you choose any number you want now. Thanks for the feedback!

Trail Gnome
    Bump

Mr. Buck E. Fikes
    Ok, you bumped so I'm in. Just sent a 50 spot. I sincerely hope they can do something meaningful for the trails with all those anti-type ****tards up there. Fingers crossed!

Trail Gnome
    Bump

mtbr member
    As last year's winner, I'm trying to give back a bit by slapping a bump on this post. The donations go to an excellent cause. The A4B peeps work really to hard on bike advocacy in Marin. They support pro bike political candidates, trail improvement, and new projects. At Ales & Trails last year they donated $2500 to Friends of China Camp to repair trails damaged in winter storms. They are also supporters of the NorCal league.

Marin cycling gets some of the worst pushback in the country from the anti bike cartel. Progress is no easy task here. So what, give up? No, take it to the ballots, land managers, and the press. We have a new generation of kids & parents who have grown up riding bikes on dirt. And the numbers keep growing. Many A4B volunteers have kids who race in the NorCal league. This recently appeared in the Marin IJ:
    Prep mountain biking: Redwood freshman joins Marin elite ahead of state championships

Help out by participating in the giveaway. You WILL make a difference, and if you WIN, it will change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by vernonator View Post
    Thanks to the generosity of Specialized you can win this bike and you can help maintain trails in Marin County at the same time.

Access4Bikes Foundation is giving away a dream build, 2019 S-Works Stumpjumper. Winner chooses model, size, color, wheel size, and build kit.

Tickets are $10 each or 6 tickets for $50. Another winner will win a trip to Nakoma Lodge in the Lost Sierra including lodging, shuttles, and more.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Win this Bike!.jpg 
Views:	503 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	1193492
    I like to bike.

mtbr member
    Only 5 days left to win this beauty and help support Access4Bikes, Marin. Yes, I have been a big booster of this event & giveaway after becoming last year's winner. Every donation dollar goes to supporting a good cause. Buy 10 tkts, get 2 more FREE.

The bike I won changed my world. This bike floats over anything effortlessly. I recommend the 29" flavor, as it just rolls better & smoother.

This year's event will be the best yet, with killer beers (Fieldwork, Faction and Cellarmaker will be there) great music & peeps. Absolutely kid friendly!

https://access4bikes.com/giveaway/

https://access4bikes.com/ales/
    I like to bike.

Mr. Buck E. Fikes
    So what you're saying is that in 6 days, I will be confirmed as the owner of a brand new S-Works 9'r, yes?

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    If I was a tech zillionaire, I would drop a donation with a lot of zeros, but I'm not and got my six tickets instead.

mtbr member
    With all these raffles, It seems like i'll spend more on tickets then saving enough for a new bike sooner then later.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    I'd like to help maintain the trails, but there aren't any on Tam!

lol i know there are some