Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Where are you riding tomorrow?

Just trying to get some ideas on where I should ride tomorrow. I have all day off and looking to get a solid ride in.

Wēk Sôs
    Arizona looks nice just about now.

rho
    Captain Pinchflat
    Horse toilet Friday afternoon with a coworker. It'll be a TSP sort of ride, parking at the bottom, seven springs then the top loop theeeen down the back side, around the 7/11 and down the tracks.

Wish I had the time to put some miles in, might be able to Sunday... not sure yet. Maybe i'll find some time to hurt my self trying urban stuff...

Yeehaw
    Last edited by rho; 01-10-2013 at 08:14 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bassn View Post
    Just trying to get some ideas on where I should ride tomorrow. I have all day off and looking to get a solid ride in.
    Obviously, you should ride in Santa Cruz

PRETENDURO
    LOL, “horse toilet”—that could be so many different places.

Unless I go on a (short) ride with my wife tomorrow, I’ll be trying to make up for lost time up in the Sierra Azul range, regardless of how motherfookin’ cold as fauk it is going to be there. Hoping Quicksilver will be open so I can do a Quicksilver -> Woods -> Power Poles -> Dogmeat (no-dabs on the fatbike, of course) -> Rollercoasters -> Woods -> Quicksilver ride. Blew my chance to go on a ride on Tuesday, work was crazy busy Wednesday and today (Thursday). Kicking myself for not having ridden on Tuesday.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

singletrack bound
    Looking to do a three hour tour somewhere up around Empire Grade I think......
    Sorrel Seeker !!

mtbr member
    Stairway to heaven tomorrow-70's. my self-imposed punishment for taking 3 days off.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone No Balone View Post
    Looking to do a three hour tour somewhere up around Empire Grade I think......
    What time are you thinking? I'm still undecided but somewhere around Empire Grade sounds enticing.

mtbr member
    What time are you thinking? I'm still undecided but somewhere around Empire Grade sounds enticing.
    me too...if it's around 1pm, i'm in.
    Peanut butter Tuesday, if you know what I mean!

singletrack bound
    after work so probably around 3
    Sorrel Seeker !!

rho
    Captain Pinchflat
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post

Unless I go on a (short) ride with my wife tomorrow, I’ll be trying to make up for lost time up in the Sierra Azul range, regardless of how motherfookin’ cold as fauk it is going to be there. Hoping Quicksilver will be open so I can do a Quicksilver -> Woods -> Power Poles -> Dogmeat (no-dabs on the fatbike, of course) -> Rollercoasters -> Woods -> Quicksilver ride. Blew my chance to go on a ride on Tuesday, work was crazy busy Wednesday and today (Thursday). Kicking myself for not having ridden on Tuesday.
    You ever been to Freemont Older? They have stables next to the OSP so there are a ton of horses everywhere, all the time, all year round. With corresponding amounts of horsesh!t.
    Most of the riders/trainers/tour leaders are pretty nice in my experience however!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I'm gonna try to hit Tamarancho in the afternoon if I have time. I haven't been there in a while and I'll be in the area. So...

FKA Malibu412
    The Monterey water front urban style Friday evening, Fort Ord with some NICA and Speshy folks Saturday, some Mt. Tam Sunday. First time in Norcal.
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

mtbr member
    Sierra/Calaveras loop around noon

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle mama View Post
    Obviously, you should ride in Santa Cruz
    Nah, don't do that. The locals hate interlopers. The trails here suck and the rangers are worse than MidPen. They set up speed traps all over Wilder and when you pull up and ask about *unmentionable* they look at you and then ask "do you need to?" It totally sucks over here. Plus, it has been cold. I had three layers on while exploring a local park.

Did I mention (bite me squashy, I am doing this for AR) that this side of the hill is occupied by CHUM? He will seek you out and run into you. Doesn't matter if it is Demo, UCSC, Nisene or Wilder...well, actually, he's too lazy to ride to any of those these days "just moved" and all...but if you come near him, he will crash into you.

So, long story short, the riding may be awesome in Santa Cruz, but we don't encourage coming over here to support it. Hell, despite his whining about the youngster, we still see snowjnky way too damn often...damn govt employees.

Did I mention conditions are horrible?

-j

Team Chilidog!
    The sofa. Still recovering from the flu

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    To actually answer the question, gotta steal here, "somewhere up around Empire Grade" but in the around dawn hours...

singletrack bound
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    The sofa. Still recovering from the flu
    bummer man......

keep pounding the fluids!
    Sorrel Seeker !!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post

ancient rascal can keep you warm, though he is a little scrawny.

mtbr member
    Too late for my blood...do think I'll venture that way as it's been a while. Greasy or ideal?

Bassn...when r u planning on going? I need to be home in LG by 4pm.

edit: Not bringing no XC rig to this gun show...hope to log some miles but not at any blistering pace. word

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    me too...if it's around 1pm, i'm in.
    A little late on the start time for me also. Squashyo needs to be back in LG by 4 but I would be willing to extend my stay since I'm traveling a bit further. Hopefully we could sync up somewhere out there.

Too late for my blood...do think I'll venture that way as it's been a while. Greasy or ideal?

Bassn...when r u planning on going? I need to be home in LG by 4pm.

edit: Not bringing no XC rig to this gun show...hope to log some miles but not at any blistering pace. word
    On the Pogonip side things were good last Friday but definitely more wet on Wilder/Mailbox.

I'm open to any start time, just let me know what works for ya.

I'll be bringing the Tallboy because I don't own a long travel bike.... I'm down for a cruise because my legs are hammered right now.

mtbr member
    A little late on the start time for me also. Squashyo needs to be back in LG by 4 but I would be willing to extend my stay since I'm traveling a bit further. Hopefully we could sync up somewhere out there.

On the Pogonip side things were good last Friday but definitely more wet on Wilder/Mailbox.

I'm open to any start time, just let me know what works for ya.

I'll be bringing the Tallboy because I don't own a long travel bike.... I'm down for a cruise because my legs are hammered right now.
    I will tow my Mojo HD so shouldn't be terribly slow. I have a meeting at 11am which will probably end at 11:30. I'll PM you.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Greasy or ideal?
    Terrible. Just terrible. Don't even bother.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    It's cold out there. I'm trying to get this "training" thing situated so I can at least get last place on the 27th.

Wēk Sôs
    Friday riders make me jealous. You all suck.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast