Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Where are you riding tomorrow?

Just trying to get some ideas on where I should ride tomorrow. I have all day off and looking to get a solid ride in.

Wēk Sôs
    Arizona looks nice just about now.

rho
    Life is strange
    Horse toilet Friday afternoon with a coworker. It'll be a TSP sort of ride, parking at the bottom, seven springs then the top loop theeeen down the back side, around the 7/11 and down the tracks.

Wish I had the time to put some miles in, might be able to Sunday... not sure yet. Maybe i'll find some time to hurt my self trying urban stuff...

Yeehaw
    Last edited by rho; 01-10-2013 at 09:14 PM.

formerly uncle mama
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bassn View Post
    Just trying to get some ideas on where I should ride tomorrow. I have all day off and looking to get a solid ride in.
    Obviously, you should ride in Santa Cruz

PRETENDURO
    LOL, “horse toilet”—that could be so many different places.

Unless I go on a (short) ride with my wife tomorrow, I’ll be trying to make up for lost time up in the Sierra Azul range, regardless of how motherfookin’ cold as fauk it is going to be there. Hoping Quicksilver will be open so I can do a Quicksilver -> Woods -> Power Poles -> Dogmeat (no-dabs on the fatbike, of course) -> Rollercoasters -> Woods -> Quicksilver ride. Blew my chance to go on a ride on Tuesday, work was crazy busy Wednesday and today (Thursday). Kicking myself for not having ridden on Tuesday.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

singletrack bound
    Looking to do a three hour tour somewhere up around Empire Grade I think......
    Sorrel Seeker !!

mtbr member
    Stairway to heaven tomorrow-70's. my self-imposed punishment for taking 3 days off.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone No Balone View Post
    Looking to do a three hour tour somewhere up around Empire Grade I think......
    What time are you thinking? I'm still undecided but somewhere around Empire Grade sounds enticing.

mtbr member
    What time are you thinking? I'm still undecided but somewhere around Empire Grade sounds enticing.
    me too...if it's around 1pm, i'm in.
    I'm not sure how this works.

singletrack bound
    after work so probably around 3
    Sorrel Seeker !!

rho
    Life is strange
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post

Unless I go on a (short) ride with my wife tomorrow, I’ll be trying to make up for lost time up in the Sierra Azul range, regardless of how motherfookin’ cold as fauk it is going to be there. Hoping Quicksilver will be open so I can do a Quicksilver -> Woods -> Power Poles -> Dogmeat (no-dabs on the fatbike, of course) -> Rollercoasters -> Woods -> Quicksilver ride. Blew my chance to go on a ride on Tuesday, work was crazy busy Wednesday and today (Thursday). Kicking myself for not having ridden on Tuesday.
    You ever been to Freemont Older? They have stables next to the OSP so there are a ton of horses everywhere, all the time, all year round. With corresponding amounts of horsesh!t.
    Most of the riders/trainers/tour leaders are pretty nice in my experience however!

mtbr member
    I'm gonna try to hit Tamarancho in the afternoon if I have time. I haven't been there in a while and I'll be in the area. So...

On wuss patrol
    The Monterey water front urban style Friday evening, Fort Ord with some NICA and Speshy folks Saturday, some Mt. Tam Sunday. First time in Norcal.
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill

mtbr member
    Sierra/Calaveras loop around noon

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle mama View Post
    Obviously, you should ride in Santa Cruz
    Nah, don't do that. The locals hate interlopers. The trails here suck and the rangers are worse than MidPen. They set up speed traps all over Wilder and when you pull up and ask about *unmentionable* they look at you and then ask "do you need to?" It totally sucks over here. Plus, it has been cold. I had three layers on while exploring a local park.

Did I mention (bite me squashy, I am doing this for AR) that this side of the hill is occupied by CHUM? He will seek you out and run into you. Doesn't matter if it is Demo, UCSC, Nisene or Wilder...well, actually, he's too lazy to ride to any of those these days "just moved" and all...but if you come near him, he will crash into you.

So, long story short, the riding may be awesome in Santa Cruz, but we don't encourage coming over here to support it. Hell, despite his whining about the youngster, we still see snowjnky way too damn often...damn govt employees.

Did I mention conditions are horrible?

-j

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    To actually answer the question, gotta steal here, "somewhere up around Empire Grade" but in the around dawn hours...

singletrack bound
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    The sofa. Still recovering from the flu
    bummer man......

keep pounding the fluids!
    Sorrel Seeker !!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

ancient rascal can keep you warm, though he is a little scrawny.

mtbr member
    Too late for my blood...do think I'll venture that way as it's been a while. Greasy or ideal?

Bassn...when r u planning on going? I need to be home in LG by 4pm.

edit: Not bringing no XC rig to this gun show...hope to log some miles but not at any blistering pace. word

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    me too...if it's around 1pm, i'm in.
    A little late on the start time for me also. Squashyo needs to be back in LG by 4 but I would be willing to extend my stay since I'm traveling a bit further. Hopefully we could sync up somewhere out there.

Too late for my blood...do think I'll venture that way as it's been a while. Greasy or ideal?

Bassn...when r u planning on going? I need to be home in LG by 4pm.

edit: Not bringing no XC rig to this gun show...hope to log some miles but not at any blistering pace. word
    On the Pogonip side things were good last Friday but definitely more wet on Wilder/Mailbox.

I'm open to any start time, just let me know what works for ya.

I'll be bringing the Tallboy because I don't own a long travel bike.... I'm down for a cruise because my legs are hammered right now.

mtbr member
    A little late on the start time for me also. Squashyo needs to be back in LG by 4 but I would be willing to extend my stay since I'm traveling a bit further. Hopefully we could sync up somewhere out there.

On the Pogonip side things were good last Friday but definitely more wet on Wilder/Mailbox.

I'm open to any start time, just let me know what works for ya.

I'll be bringing the Tallboy because I don't own a long travel bike.... I'm down for a cruise because my legs are hammered right now.
    I will tow my Mojo HD so shouldn't be terribly slow. I have a meeting at 11am which will probably end at 11:30. I'll PM you.

mtbr member
    Greasy or ideal?
    Terrible. Just terrible. Don't even bother.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    It's cold out there. I'm trying to get this "training" thing situated so I can at least get last place on the 27th.

Wēk Sôs
    Friday riders make me jealous. You all suck.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    It's cold out there. I'm trying to get this "training" thing situated so I can at least get last place on the 27th.
    Why don't you come out with us today. I could pick you up at the Free Unlimited Parking in LG..... I might see you out there on the 27th, still undecided.

ask
    user
    I'm a little late to this thread. By now you guys are probably enjoying some great SC trails.

I'm headed to Skeggs in a 1-2 hours. I wonder how wet it will be up there.

Note - I need to start taking Friday's off completely. Or at least work from home in the mornings so I can ride Demo/SC in the afternoons w/ the other Friday slackers.

mtbr member

The usual ... spose !

Kennedy Saturday ... Prolly Lexington side Sunday. What time we all meeting up ?
    Still searching for my red headed hairdresser Tiffany. "Economic Mother Nature" ... Knocks at door! -AR

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ask View Post
    I'm a little late to this thread. By now you guys are probably enjoying some great SC trails.

I'm headed to Skeggs in a 1-2 hours. I wonder how wet it will be up there.

Note - I need to start taking Friday's off completely. Or at least work from home in the mornings so I can ride Demo/SC in the afternoons w/ the other Friday slackers.
    Notes to add to you notes - Make it a priority .

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    Kennedy Saturday ... Prolly Lexington side Sunday. What time we all meeting up ?
    Not sure, but I was granted a “get out of jail free” card from my wife for Saturday, so I am good to go tamale! Let’s figure out a time. It’s going to be cold as a muthafooka out there (as it was today), perhaps 10:00AM meetup time will be just a tad more bearable than a 9:00AM meetup.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Had a great ride today with Squashyo. I hit all new stuff and found some much better climbs to the top...great day. Thanks again Josh!

Oh, next Friday I'm totally down to hit that ST stuff we talked about. Hopefully we could talk Adam into doing it with us

mtbr member
    Had a great ride today with Squashyo. I hit all new stuff and found some much better climbs to the top...great day. Thanks again Josh!

Oh, next Friday I'm totally down to hit that ST stuff we talked about. Hopefully we could talk Adam into doing it with us
    Good stuff out there today. Trails were pretty beat down in my op but still pretty fun. YES, would LOVE to journey to said ST above Friday...looks like no rain for a long time. With the cold weather trails should be perfect!

singletrack bound
    well my ride changed drastically once I met up with my buddy. After driving out there from Aptos, I'm on the bike circling around the Brewery lot and he flips his bike over and say's "hey, I have no rear brake" Sh*t fire!
    So he loads both bikes up in his truck and goes to his house in Soquel and trades out his Black Cat for his old squishy Blur and we meet up in the the lot at Nisene and epicenter.
    We got off about and hour late but we still got three hours in and got back without having to "light up". Bikes came back pretty clean with some soil stuck in the tire tread!
    Good ride!
    Sorrel Seeker !!

mtbr member

It's on !

Not sure, but I was granted a “get out of jail free” card from my wife for Saturday, so I am good to go tamale! Let’s figure out a time. It’s going to be cold as a muthafooka out there (as it was today), perhaps 10:00AM meetup time will be just a tad more bearable than a 9:00AM meetup.
    I'm in. 10am = 42 ... 11am = 44 ... noon - 46 Dang I'm getting sick of this cold weather.
    Post it up ...
    Still searching for my red headed hairdresser Tiffany. "Economic Mother Nature" ... Knocks at door! -AR

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    Arizona looks nice just about now.
    Was very nice last Saturday. Always enjoy hanging out at the Pivot demos, and sometimes the company owner shows up and parks next to you.
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird
    2004 Turner Rail - Stoled

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    Would have liked to go for a Friday afternoon ride, but had a meeting with Bob Fox. I hope STCP opens soon tho.
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird

rho
    Life is strange
    I'll be going to Fort Ord tomorrow for some riding in the sand box. Visiting family and all that, so it'll be a good not wasted trip!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    well my ride changed drastically once I met up with my buddy. After driving out there from Aptos, I'm on the bike circling around the Brewery lot and he flips his bike over and say's "hey, I have no rear brake" Sh*t fire!
    So he loads both bikes up in his truck and goes to his house in Soquel and trades out his Black Cat for his old squishy Blur and we meet up in the the lot at Nisene and epicenter.
    We got off about and hour late but we still got three hours in and got back without having to "light up". Bikes came back pretty clean with some soil stuck in the tire tread!
    Good ride!
    Glad to see you still got a ride in .Join us tomorrow morning at Demo.

If anyone is interested we'll be hitting Demo tomorrow late morning. We plan to start riding from the main lot around 11:30 or so. My boy will be testing first thing in the morning for his next belt in Kempo...

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    Demo you say? I think I'll be out there a little earlier which means you will probably pass me at some point.
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird

ask
    user
    Very tempting... I'll know more next week on whether or not I can get out Friday. It would be great to get in a ride w/ you guys.

Rode Skeggs today. It was 55 at my office in Palo Alto when I left... 42 when I arrived at Skeggs lot. Cold up there! Trails were greasy and my rear brake decided to lock up and drag most of the climb out. Still very fun. BIG tree down on Blue Blossom.

Having a post ride Pliny and juice. (Not mixed) Where are you riding tomorrow?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1357965312.705604.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by StuLax18 View Post
    Demo you say? I think I'll be out there a little earlier which means you will probably pass me at some point.
    Nah, we're slow both up and down. If you happen to run late or decide to join us, just post up. I'll check MTBR before leaving.

Very tempting... I'll know more next week on whether or not I can get out Friday. It would be great to get in a ride w/ you guys.

Rode Skeggs today. It was 55 at my office in Palo Alto when I left... 42 when I arrived at Skeggs lot. Cold up there! Trails were greasy and my rear brake decided to lock up and drag most of the climb out. Still very fun. BIG tree down on Blue Blossom.

Having a post ride Pliny and juice. (Not mixed) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357965312.705604.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	752561
    Nice! SC was sweet today with some nice hero dirt. Josh showed me all new stuff to hit and explore next time. You'll dig one of the new downhill trails, pretty techy and kicks a$$!

Enjoy the post Pliny and juice....

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    I can climb the whole way up no dabs in lowest gear haha. I checked Strava for my rank on climbs and I'm like 1000/1100 on most. Going down I'm good though.

What route are you guys taking? I need to be back about 3:00 so leave there 2:30. I can do full loop from Sawpit in 3 hours pretty much on the dot as of yesterday.
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    UCSC and related area tomorrow, Butano climb/loop to appease the wifey Sunday. Tomorrow, however, will be at the crack of dawn. Expecting to freeze. Shrinkage is good I hear

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by StuLax18 View Post
    I can climb the whole way up no dabs in lowest gear haha. I checked Strava for my rank on climbs and I'm like 1000/1100 on most. Going down I'm good though.

What route are you guys taking? I need to be back about 3:00 so leave there 2:30. I can do full loop from Sawpit in 3 hours pretty much on the dot as of yesterday.
    That sounds about the speed we'll be going. Last time I rode Demo with my buddy we did a loop in about 2:35 or so - Parking lot - Highland - Ridge - Sawpit - Sulphur - Braille - Hihns Mill - parking lot.

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    Cool, I will see if I can do the back up Sulphur part. I don't think I would have made it yesterday. I'll probably get there around 11, and wait in the parking lot, my car can't make it into the lot. Look for the guy who should be on a white and blue bike, but has red stickers instead haha.
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird

PRETENDURO
    Having a post ride Pliny and juice. (Not mixed) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357965312.705604.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	752561
    Cilantro and kale margarita?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    What up stu.. hitting china camp sat

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    Quote Originally Posted by yeti575inCA View Post
    What up stu.. hitting china camp sat
    Oh nice, I've heard good stuff about that place.

Coming to Demo anytime soon? I was there yesterday and rode past all the places everyone crashed haha. Hey have you spoken to Joe recently? I sent him an email but didn't get a response.
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Lol I would like too. Im more confident now and think me and the yeti would do much better this time around. No havent spoken to him.

fc
    mtbr founder Administrator
    group ride 3x in a row!!! I'm testing trainers and am pleased not to be testing lights in this tundra.

Review: Kurt Kinetic Rock and Roll Trainer | Road Bike News, Reviews, and Photos
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where are you riding tomorrow?-182173_10151604631413508_1970876784_n.jpg  

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    I drove up and took my mountain bike out to Monterey's southern-most trails on Thursday and I think I'll go back again tomorrow before heading up to SF Monday and SC on Wednesday. Lots to ride.

Today I'll go here

And maybe MdO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast