Another festivus MIRACLE!

Where to ride with your dog in the Bay Area?

So I have a young black Lab, and as most lab owners know, they have lots and lots of energy. I would like to take her mtn biking with me, but don't want to break any leash rules.

So can anyone recommend a spot to take their dog for a ride, preferrably closer to the San Jose area?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit71
    So I have a young black Lab, and as most lab owners know, they have lots and lots of energy. I would like to take her mtn biking with me, but don't want to break any leash rules.

So can anyone recommend a spot to take their dog for a ride, preferrably closer to the San Jose area?

Thanks!
    I have ridden with dogs at Demo. It's a long ways, though, so the dog needs to be in shape.

And riding with dogs is the best, especially the fast ones that run dual slalom with you.

aka baycat
    I have taken my critter up Eldridge a couple of times, mainly stick to fireroads because they are wide enough and next to no singletrack in Marin that is safe for him to run on. Plus I only take him durin goff-peak hours, he can be a tad big and scary. Weighs 185 and stands about waist heigth, big italian mastiff.

But I do take my Aussie out a lot since he has the stamina and heerding insticnt. Gomar pictured below is just a tad to lumbering.
    Attached Images Attached Images