mtbr member
    Jun 2010

When boulders strike back

mtbr member
    Wow. Aggressive boulder!
    Looking for local rides? You'll find plenty on my website: Bay Area Mountain Bike Rides.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Guess the moral of the story is that if you are flying off your bike, try to grab something that's well attached to the ground?...as if anyone flying off the bike has time to think of that!

Endoed on a very steep section in the early '90s at Skeggs and just managed to launch for a skinny tree, caught myself monkey-style, and my bike went tumbling down the hill with pieces flying. I remember that well, but I never thought about what would have happened if the tree had just snapped off until seeing that video! Of course that's more like what would have happened if the tree snapped and it also happened to be holding up a bigger dead tree that would have followed it on to my head...

Uncle
    That's pretty crazy. Then again, riding where there isn't really a trail seems like a good way to get hurt, loose earth or not.
    Eat, ride, eat, rest, repeat.

mtbr member
    I gotta say, Aaron Gwin looked pretty fast.
    my B+W landscape photos ....www.f45.com

mtbr member
    That's what I was thinking - elbows way up and butt way back, then he just rips that bottom switchback that the first guy botched.
    Rollin' rocks will never die...