Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    metrotuned WoS

Smile Wheels of Steel, every Friday 925-510-415

one rule: show up on two wheels.

Thus far, it's been single speed mtb, urban cruiser, fixed gear track bike, bmx 20" wall riding and doing 30 ft. stair gaps. but mostly, it's riding for a couple hours through the city streets with reckless care-free abandon, backpack full of Stone IPA or Eye of the Hawk, a tasty treat stop here and there, usually next to a lake (think Lake Merritt, Uptown Oakland), and many times, ending at a beer garden before everyone disbands to their normal life with the misses and the future weekend.

Always down to meet new riders. I "lead" (anyone can lead) the pack, so hit me up!

Roadies

Ken's Whip: Street Fighter
    #willofthesun and author of the most viewed MTBR thread: Platform Pedal Shootout

metrotuned WoS
    This Friday, weather permitting (i.e. not raining), 8pm Uptown Oakland. We are rollin a fixed gear 42:15, singlespeed MTB 32:18, geared mountain bike.
    #willofthesun and author of the most viewed MTBR thread: Platform Pedal Shootout

No Justice = No Peace

I'm in

Where's "uptown?" I'll probably be on my MTB SS, unless my wheels come early, then I'll be stylin on my new Monkey...
    "Welcome to my underground lair...."

mtbr member
    where is the 30' stair gap, i'd come out just to see someone hit that.

metrotuned WoS
    Lutarious & Fawndog, good hearing from you. What is Uptown Oakland? Uptown Oakland is the gentrified area from 27th/Broadway to Grand/Broadway. Essentially, it's where the art district is emerging - Rosewood House to Front Gallery to Esteban Sabar Gallery and everything in between. Whole Paycheck, err, Whole Foods, also opened there with a flagship store. It's also where the hundreds of condos/loft apartments are being built. This is opposed to downtown and the water front where Chinatown/Old Oakland/Jack London Square is.

is down to roll...
    one of these lazy Fridays I'll cruise on over and see if I can drag some locals with me from this side of the Tunnel...

Devil Mtn

stair gaps

Please post video of the stair gaps or anything else of interest ... the stair gaps sound insane.

metrotuned WoS
    Ride last week was Uptown Oakland on First Fridays Art Murmur into Berkeley off College Ave. through UC campus down into Jupiter for pints (no IPA's due to hops shortage, price increase, WTF!) and late night bites - some would call that ride a "Broakland" proper... Sessions along the way A to B. Doing another ride tomorrow evening starting at 8pm, Uptown Oakland to Emeryville to Jack London and pints again at the finale. Look for the single speeds and fixies flashing!

metrotuned WoS
    Kakes 92510 W.O.S.

Trackstand

organically fed
    I can't imagine riding a bike with my pants sagging off my ass. I'm just sure I would sweat through my undies in no time.

metrotuned WoS

Just wait...

woot, just wait till you go on a ride with the pants saggin, except...freeballin'. Two words: ASS CHEEKS.

By the way, new video of pant sagger building up a custom 29er that makes its way out on the wheels of steel rides exclusively.

metrotuned WoS

Video from last week's WHEELS OF STEEL!

Dropshot Champ!
    Quote Originally Posted by fawndog
    where is the 30' stair gap, i'd come out just to see someone hit that.
    i wanna see someone hit the stair gap on the fixie. I'd bring chairs and popcorn for that one

mtbr member
    The video makes a lot more sense with the weed goggles on.

metrotuned WoS
    Akathisia: I'm pleased the video has the effect on you. It was most certainly filmed/produced with said goggles on. Won't see a stair gap on a fixie, but it seems every WoS ride with these guys, someone is slamming into a car fender or miscalculating an invisible curb, or skidding into person/car/other biker. Good times: go reckless or go home ;-P

metrotuned WoS
    Still doin' it. And the rides are more focused on Broakland. Beer is not mandatory, in fact the past few Wheels of Steel rides through Broakland (Oakland to Berkeley), friendly import from Italy, San Pellegrino has been the choice of bubbly consumption.

mtbr member
    8PM... hmm.. Looks like fun. Used to be my stomping grounds, but have moved (jobs) from the area.

I still meet up with a couple guys at the trappist or PCB every once in a while for happy hour on fridays, which logistically could work. But by 8PM, I'm usually not in very good riding shape.

metrotuned WoS

Walnut Creek, California, FIXED GEAR

For the local heads of the 925, you'll know where this is. Filmed by the patrons of Sports Basement, WC.

Auto-pilot filmed in the 510, CAL Berkeley campus College Ave., California. Live mix ripped from Deep House Soldiers on Green House Sessions DeepmixFM radio.

mtbr member

Fix push allowed?

is down to roll...
    Quote Originally Posted by illnacord
    For the local heads of the 925, you'll know where this is.
    oh yeah... i rode by y'all two weeks ago. Next time I'll say "hi".
    -Rich

metrotuned WoS
    vodkamike, wheels of steel, show up on two wheels is the only rule. Show up with glued together maple, may get smoked on the very first hill. Dunno if you can hang?

eastbayrich, that lafayette bike park is out of this world. Is that for real? Im surprised City of Lafayette is even allowing it!

But yes, by all means, say what up next time you roll through/by. As for referencing MTBR, might flow over most of the fixies heads, but if you see a chrome bianchi sass or cocaine white 29er disc amongst the group, def. reference MTBR. See you around!

metrotuned WoS

Wheels of Steel 92510

Wheels of Steel. Tonight. 8PM. Uptown Oakland on Broadway. Riding from Uptown to Berkeley, the "Broakland Loop", and back. Urban city riding concrete jungle styles on single speed gearing casual laxxx sensation. MTBR members in the area welcome to ride. A number of us ride in from Bay Area destinations via BART, will arrive back at start point prior to midnight, otherwise turn into a pumpkin.

metrotuned WoS

Cool-blue Rhythm Hokuto no Ken

As we enter into summer 2009, it is once again on to the break of dawn.

Here we have DF for Wheels of Steel. He won't be riding for a bit as he broke his ankle (air to fakie gap) and has acquired a few titanium screws to his body.

metrotuned WoS

Wheels of Steel on point!

Ultimate WoS ride was catching Outside Lands and Critical Mass on a balmy 75 degree evening in San Francisco! Followed by a Dub-C ride and a Broakland ride Friday night! A liquid break off Telegraph Ave. Wheels of Steel summer '09

BMX 20" and SS 29"

WoS Skid Inverted

WoS BART Transportation

metrotuned WoS

Nigel Sylvester Words of Wisdom

"It's the two wheel culture - doesn't matter if it's a MTB, BMX, track bike, fixie, no matter what it is, we all experience the same thing riding through the city...there's just something about bikes!" - Nigel Sylvester

Not my video, jacked from Hulu. See below:

Nigel rides for Nike. Dang, with P-Rod, Nike marketing has their all-star cast set for BMX and Skate!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast