Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    SOG
    mtbr member
    The inability to delete a post. I never knew about the rep system till today and it just seems trivial but to each their own.

Old,slow,still havin fun.
    Speaking of ads: it sucks to have them at all.
    I'd gladly pay $$ annually for a membership level that blocked them 100% of them on all devices.

Threading freely...
    1) The anonymous rep system is pathetic, a magnification of what's already wrong with the Internet: anonymous idiots.
    2) Ads galore, even in email notifications. Plus, a deep suspicion that these ads affect reviews. Magura is a big sponsor, and Magura brakes get glowing reviews even though they are average at best. Truth is, none come close to XT or XTR brakes.
    3) Horrible and tacky look. This site looks like it was designed in the 90s. It's fugly. You're in the Bay Area -- get a decent web designer on board.
    Threading lightly and respectfully wherever I want....

Dropshot Champ!
    Quote Originally Posted by polymathic View Post
    1) The anonymous rep system is pathetic, a magnification of what's already wrong with the Internet: anonymous idiots.
    check your control panel, you're in for a surprise

mtbr member
    A lot of the trail names and places everyone uses are so damn vague and don't exist in searches or trail reviews. Kennedy, Hogan, Dog Farts. Takes forever to actually figure out what you guys are talking about.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I'm pretty sure this link is a good guide to how most trails are named...

Stupid People - How to Poop at Work

Weird huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by sivilized View Post
    A lot of the trail names and places everyone uses are so damn vague and don't exist in searches or trail reviews. Kennedy, Hogan, Dog Farts. Takes forever to actually figure out what you guys are talking about.
    Hey brah, shouldn't mention 'Dog Farts' on the forum. pm me for further.....

(the above, my peeve )
    And don't do the burrito jump... Francois

mtbr member
    the formatting of threads where there is a post having multiple images laid out next to each other that make the manuevering funky and requires horizontal scrolling within an inner frame to view all images. or is this just because of the way i have IE9 configured? i dont seem to have this issue in other forums.
    I bet you'd do the same if they was you!

bicycle rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Beer View Post
    The search function is nearly worthless... results go way back to... January 2012. I use google to search mtbr + key words to find anything pre-2012.

Not being able to edit older posts, specifically TR's with photos where I've changed the hosting of my photos, so the links are broken and photos are no longer viewable in the TR.
    I search at google like this:

thing1 thing2 -thing3 site:forums.mtbr.com

or sometimes

thing1 thing2 -thing3 site:forums.mtbr.com/turner

Morgan

dude with orange car
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie_G View Post
    Coming from founding and running one of the top US forums for another sport I can probably comment a little bit.

#1. I've found the page load in general is slow and the pages are pulling various ads, code and banners and as the pages (in the forum) load it "steps" down the page a little bit and it seems to always do it twice in succession as the page loads. Which means if you load the "NorCal" forum (for example) , and you see a topic that interests you, if you try to click on it too soon, chances are goods you'll be sent to the next topic down, as the page is loading slow and by the time it registers your click, the page formatting has changed, so your click is misread.
    That. I stopped going to this site on my phone because of it.

Plus snowjnky. That guy is the worst.
    This is no time for levity. - Oliver Hardy

Sweat is just fat crying.
    I try to put Calaveras County in posts about Hogan to help with a search. That said, it's under 'H' for 'Hogan' in CA- All Other Areas. All Other Areas Trail Reviews Products Listing
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    whining

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    I try to put Calaveras County in posts about Hogan to help with a search. That said, it's under 'H' for 'Hogan' in CA- All Other Areas. All Other Areas Trail Reviews Products Listing
    Yeah, that one is tough because the Google map of "Hogan Trail" is centered in middle of nowhere Stockton. Never says the proper name of "New Hogan Lake" which is really easy to find in Google maps. The directions in the trail review are easy to follow and figure out, but the other pieces make it confusing.

Sweat is just fat crying.
    Yeah, that one is tough because the Google map of "Hogan Trail" is centered in middle of nowhere Stockton. Never says the proper name of "New Hogan Lake" which is really easy to find in Google maps. The directions in the trail review are easy to follow and figure out, but the other pieces make it confusing.
    I know, I've tried to get the map changed (haven't tried hard enough, I guess). What makes it more confusing is that Hogan and the trails are known by too many names: Hogan Lake, New Hogan Reservoir, Hogan Dam, Area 51, Coyote Point, The Finch Platte Really B!tchinly Awesome Memorial Trail System, etc.

Thanks for the input. I've changed my signature so there's now a link to my website, with info on the trails. I'll try & get that map changed, too.
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

Weird huh?
    I agree with you actually. like I mentioned in my pm, I'll make the effort to be more informative on locations, instead of cryptic or even local slang for an area. Lot's of us are guilty of it.
    Thanks for calling it out. It used to frustrate me as well and now I'm one of the offenders!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Threads like "To That jerk who buzzed me: You're a jerk!"

The person who buzzed you probably isn't going to read the thread or care if they do, so you're *****ing out a bunch of nice people in order to hopefully ***** out one jerk.

- It did occur to me I'm *****ing about something while doing the very thing I'm *****ing about. So I'm sorry for *****ing you guys out. My new peeve is you can't type "*****"
    Last edited by derekbob; 12-25-2012 at 09:56 AM.

Weird huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by derekbob View Post
    Threads like "To That jerk who buzzed me: You're a jerk!"

The person who buzzed you probably isn't going to read the thread or care if they do, so you're *****ing out a bunch of nice people in order to hopefully ***** out one jerk.
    Prolly true, but those threads spin off a lot of hilarious copy cat threads that give us even more reason to laugh at ourselves

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    I know, I've tried to get the map changed (haven't tried hard enough, I guess). What makes it more confusing is that Hogan and the trails are known by too many names: Hogan Lake, New Hogan Reservoir, Hogan Dam, Area 51, Coyote Point, The Finch Platte Really B!tchinly Awesome Memorial Trail System, etc.

Thanks for the input. I've changed my signature so there's now a link to my website, with info on the trails. I'll try & get that map changed, too.
    Sweet! I really appreciate it. One thing that makes it really easy and clear for your own site would be embedding a Garmin or Strava ride. Then you can easily tell where it started, where it goes and where it ends.

Thanks, guys.

It's about showing up.
    Posts with multiple images which aren't edited down and subsequent posters who quote them and copy them to be shown yet again.
    I don't rattle.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkeley Mike View Post
    Posts with multiple images which aren't edited down and subsequent posters who quote them and copy them to be shown yet again.
    When people quote what they are replying to, even when it was the previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkeley Mike View Post
    The lack of a "sarcasm" emoticon.
    Because the tilda has SO many uses~

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4