Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    bicycle rider
    Peninsula, peninsula, peninsula

Morgan

mtbr member
    I miss mtbr chat.
    Tequila is a pallid flame that passes through walls and soars over tile roofs to allay despair. A. Mutis

Laker and a Trail Blazer
    Misinformation.

Sweat is just fat crying.
    Quote Originally Posted by SunGuy View Post
    After seeing your reply, I did some digging.

->My Account
    -->Settings & Options
    --->Edit Options
    ---->Thread Display Options
    ----->Thread Display Mode

Yeah, it now default to linear!
    Hey, awesome! Thanks for the schooling. Rep for you.
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

Sweat is just fat crying.
    Wonder if this is what the new MTBR is gonna look like.

Sister music site: Rave Recordings
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

aka baycat
    What are some good mountain biking tires?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Knobbies!!

Poacher
    Sep 2010

When I answer your question with the correct information

And you all ignore my advice. HAHAHA

Lusus Naturae
    As with almost all forums and web sites: Waiting for the ads to load before even starting to load any content. THE ADS CAN WAIT.

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by snowjnky View Post
    So if you ever do meet me my name is Santiago Jaxson not snowjnky
    Seriously??? I thought your name was Rammitdeep Dixit.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie_G View Post
    #3. Sorry, but the whole 'rep' and 'rep power' thing is just gay. We do ranks which simply give credit to a users participation which is based on their post count, nothing more. The reasoning is that if someone is a frequent user/poster, chances are good they add usefulness, knowledge, and participation to the forum. It's unlikely that someone who has a high post count will not have much to offer. You're shouldn't be competing with other users on the quality of helpfulness of posts, people should be smart enough to figure out themselves if something is funny, helpful or useful, etc. Sorry, it's dumb.

Agreed. I am positive it's important to some people, but why? Are we on here to "gain points", or all be friendly mountain bikers? Yes. Perhaps I'm new to THIS forum and community that does not mean I am a "newb" to forums or the internet. If you want reps, I think reddit would be a better place

Quote Originally Posted by Berkeley Mike View Post
    The lack of a "sarcasm" emoticon.
    This.

No Stranger to danger....
    Quote Originally Posted by Wherewolf View Post
    Non mountain biking related posts, particularly in the Passion forum. They crowd out the posts I come here to read. Post your cat, new grandson photos, illegal checkpoints, relationship problems, etc. stuff somewhere else. If moderators moved them people would eventually get the message.

"Ride tomorrow" - three weeks later tomorrow has come and gone.
    Agree ,heres some of the saddest ones in the passion forum which i rarely go to cause its getting too pathetic..

The most pathetic ones are as follows

Pictures of the fall
    pictures of the snow
    pictures and my kids
    pictures and my grandkids
    passion for my birthday
    passion for being healthy
    im losing my passion
    im gaining my passion back
    my friend is losing his passion
    passion for my wife
    passion for my girlfriend
    passion for long rides
    passion for short rides
    its too hot
    its too cold
    Passion for my cat

Cant we have a 'unicorn milkers and rainbow chasers forum' that all this crap can go in, then all the muppets can come together into one forum and they can be weeded out from the rest of the place?

Actually, id scrap the passion forum altogether, im passionate about that.......
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Pliny, Hero dirt, and if you don't have an expensive bike you're not cool enough for the club.

rider
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Rep system. Allows people to be anonymous trolls with no repercussions.
    Agreed. I would be fine with the existence of the rep system if one could totally opt of it. I don't read any rep given to me and I have not given any either.
    Abandoned the 26" wheel in May '03

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBalance View Post
    As with almost all forums and web sites: Waiting for the ads to load before even starting to load any content. THE ADS CAN WAIT.
    Speaking of ads, I don't like how this guy is giving me the roadie stare whenever I navigate to this site.

FKA Malibu412
    All the peeps in the Norcal forum who post in the Norcal forum threads that could/should be in the General, Passion, or other places, like they are their own little mtb/interweb universe. Unless the topic is regionally oriented, why should it be in a regional forum? Just because mountain biking was invented in Norcal....sheesh.
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

Im sick of people whinging and whining about the rep system, there only green dots n numbers, if you dont like it ,forget about it, dont say its meaningless because it obviously isnt if its given you so much butthurt and you pay attention to it so much.

bike wisperer
    When I first joined MTBR, product reviews were awesome I learned so much from them. Now reviews are impossible to navigate, stuff is listed without product details like msrp or weights. And what happened to editors choice?
    If the product reviews was improved I think much of the annoying, "which bike kick stand is better" questions in the forums would go away.
    Consciousness, that annoying time between bike rides.

BREAKING NEWS, for all of you that hate rep, the new system is here as we speak, all anonymous rep is gone, go to your rep pages and check them out, this will make plenty of people happy, i think its a great idea.

FKA Malibu412
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    BREAKING NEWS, for all of you that hate rep, the new system is here as we speak, all anonymous rep is gone, go to your rep pages and check them out, this will make plenty of people happy, i think its a great idea.
    WAHOOOO!!! WhoTF do I +rep for this??? Yes!!
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

mtbr member
    Not enough nekkid boobies.
    I'm not sure how this works.

YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO
    [QUOTE=squashyo;9993666]Not enough nekkid boobies.

Got that right.
    I'd post some, but CHUM might kick me outta da sandbox again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What's your biggest MTBR peeve?-boldmerrychristmas.jpg  

Last edited by GoGoGordo; 12-21-2012 at 08:18 AM.
    Banned for showing Boobies.

Go faster!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBalance View Post
    I agree. They make using an iPad extremely frustrating. Just when you think the page is fully loaded and go to tap a link the entire page rescales because some ad just loaded and you end up tapping an entirely different link and have to start the whole process over. I know we need adds to pay the bills, but is there any way to integrate them without all the excessive shifting and rescaling?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGoGordo View Post
    [QUOTE=squashyo;9993666]Not enough nekkid boobies.

Got that right.
    I'd post some, but CHUM might kick me outta da sandbox again.
    CHUM was mumbling something about a "Dudes of MTBR" calendar while out on a ride one night. Something about beer hiding sensitive areas. Not sure he was in his right mind (is he ever), it may have been the hill...

Lusus Naturae
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernVelo View Post
    I agree. They make using an iPad extremely frustrating. Just when you think the page is fully loaded and go to tap a link the entire page rescales because some ad just loaded and you end up tapping an entirely different link and have to start the whole process over. I know we need adds to pay the bills, but is there any way to integrate them without all the excessive shifting and rescaling?
    I can only imagine how it is on a tablet, i typically don't use MTBR on mine.

To be more precise, normally ads load pretty quickly so it is ok, but sometimes when there is a delay fetching a particular ad or ad-image, there seems to be a rule in the page loading process that defines that before content can be loaded, ads must be displayed. So there is this order-of-loading process that gives priority to ads, and I really dont like that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast