mtbr member

New question here. what to expect at Ales & Trails

I was wondering what an IMBA Ales and Trails event is like?
    I want to know about bringing my bike and keeping it safe and mine.
    There is an Ales and Trails coming on May 19th at China Camp, and I want to go but don't know what to expect.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Some hot ass blond on a ss from "out of the area", beer, good food, and some friendly folks. oh yeah live music and a raffle. your bike should be safe. you basically ride around in a loop meet people and then go eat and listen to music. theres a place to park your bike thats within eyesight of the festivities the only way you'll lose your bike is if you race the blond "for pinks", that chic is fast!

So it goes.....
    It is a really fun way to enjoy the day at China camp. It will be more crowded on the trails that a usual weekend.. I took the whole family. My wife and 2 girls had a blast riding the singletrack. We just did a ride from the festivities to the Chinese fishing village and back.. I wish I had more time to ride but it was great taking the single speed out and hanging with my family. They always ask when are we going back.

Food was really good and hanging with a bunch of other bikers is always fun. They had good beer on tap as well.....I suspect it will be crowded on the trails especially with beginner riders. It's not the time to be flying on the trails at CC. Oh and the bluegrass band (forgot their name) was pretty good too!

OD
    It's the search....not the find

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    where did you hear about this event?

mtbr member

where I heard of the event

I found about the event on
    btceb.org
    It is on the group ride calender

Feeling a little taller

From an earlier post in the MBTB thread

Quote Originally Posted by rockymtnrider
    I was wondering what an IMBA Ales and Trails event is like?
    I want to know about bringing my bike and keeping it safe and mine.
    There is an Ales and Trails coming on May 19th at China Camp, and I want to go but don't know what to expect.
    Ales & Trails is finally oficially official!

Save the Date!
    Ales and Trails Event Scheduled for May 19
    Circle Saturday May 19 on your calendar. China Camp State Park will be the scene of an all-day (9am - 4pm) IMBA celebration, with scads of great activities. If you've attended an Ales and Trails event in the past, you know how much fun this will be. The 2007 edition includes:
    • Cafe IMBA
    • Guided Rides
    • Bike Skills Clinic
    • Gourmet BBQ
    • Beer Tasting
    • Live Music
    Online registration opens next week.
    Stay tuned to the IMBA California home page for more details.

This year, Ales & Trails is a benefit for the IMBA California office. I cannot say what the cost for entry will be. Hopefully less than last year.

I will be leading a ride for families - people with non-riding spouses, child seats and Burley trailers.

I am also working with Nat and Rachael Lopes to organize the trail patrol. If anyone is interested, we need 5-10 volunteers for trail patrol from 9am-12pm. The benefit will be free entry to the A&T festivities and a swag bag - contents unknown.

PM or email me if interested.
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay