Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    May the Force be with you

Smile Weekly Chico Rides

The Oroville thread seems to work pretty well to get a group ride together so I thought I would start one for Chico.

yaha ha
    shuttle up 32 tomorrow or tuesday if- isnt raining too hard/didnt rain too much monday
    if anyone wants to join

Busted!!!
    Here are a few pics from this from various Rides this spring to get some color in the thread. You guys shuttling have any pics?

Middle trail

Salmon Hole

Bear Hole

South Rim

Poinson Oak On middle trail

Lots of PO

Horseshoe Lake & Valley toward 5 mile

From Maidu at Upper and Middle (east of Horseshoe lake)

Middle Trail

Busted!!!
    Park was closed today, the outlook for tomarrow and thursday is unknown until tomarrow morning.

If it opens up tomarrow then here is what I have planned.

Wednesday lunch Ride. Depart Parking area on East side of 5 mile Bridge 11:45am
    We usually make a quick run up middle trail to Bear hole then back down lower trail.

Thursday North Rim. Depart 1 mile (across from caper acres/softballl field) 5:15pm
    Usually about 1 Hour 40 minutes round trip. Can possibly leave earlier if everyone can make it, and its decided by wednesday afternoon.
    Last edited by mxracer33x; 03-28-2007 at 08:53 AM.

I have to work every day at 12:30 to 9:30 This week. I'm OK for Sunday.

I normally have Saturday and Sunday off. Next week My schedule will be back to normal and I can catch some of those Lunch rides and evening rides.

I would like to get back up to this trail in the next coule of weeks. Garrett and i rode this about a year ago and enjoyed the trail.

I couldn't get the link to work but it's Deer creek trail up HWY 32

Busted!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by norcalchico
    I normally have Saturday and Sunday off. Next week My schedule will be back to normal and I can catch some of those Lunch rides and evening rides.
    Sounds good. Looks like today will be a solo ride. Travis wont have his fork back till tonite or tomarrow.

Update: finally got aholf of Park division, said ranger was going to try to open trails up this afternoon. So the lunch ride will be out. I may try to go at 4:00 or so, if work hasnt got me tied down.

Sounds good. Was his fork seals pretty bad? Who did he take it too and how much did they charge?

Busted!!!
    The seals were leaking a bit, not unrideable, but noticeable sepage.

Here is what he got when he called around. Its a Fox F100 RL fork, so 32mm Parts

Sports LTD: *Neither in Stock, No price given

North Rim: $30 Seals, $30 Wipers, $50 labor Total $110 *Neither not in stock, may order some soon

Cyclesport: $13 Seals & $13 Wipers, $30 Labor Total $50 *Wipers not in Stock

Pullins: $15 Seals, $25 labor Total $40 *Both in Stock, said wipers not usually necessary, but will inspect.

Cyclesport said the shock tech only works a couple days a week, so it could be 4-5 days to get it completed.

Dropped off fork to Pullins Monday. Shock tech not in, would hopefully do it today. Tech was not in as of 10:30 am today to get an ETA.

Coors, the american beer.
    we shuttled south rim yesterday and the trails were open ... maybe they forgot to change the signs?

props to the other kids in the black subaru with the black rims that also passed that slow ass vette on the way up if you guys are on the board. We were the crew with the black ranger drinking tall boys at green gate.

Ill put some good pics into this thread when i get home from school ... if anyone sees a kid on a bmx holding onto a trek fuel going thru lower bidwell its me ... supposed to get it back from north rim today. BB install (its a dual cup and my dumbass tried to put it in and screwed one of the sides in too far, then put everything togther and then couldnt get the crank back off to center it) ... hes also fixing my rear brake cause the pull sucks .... and my front fork may need to be rebuit.

At least the singlespeed and faith are still in good shape
    AZ has the best mountain bike gathering ever

Busted!!!
    I dont think I have ever seen the South Rim sign say anything but open. I dont know if they just dont care if people ride it when its wet or they just dont go change it. I know that side of the mountain takes the water alot better.

Lets see some of those DH pics

dont have any pics from yesterdays run ... but i got a few from like a month ago when me and snowforner went and hit that steep ass trail by the golf course (sign where it hits guardian says humboldt, but that means theres like 3 humboldt trails!)

well let me be a slacker and post pics instead of working on my school stuff ... these pics are all from january onward

my car at the top (im on different rims now, probably still the only silver integra in town with a hitch rack though)

snowforner15 at the gap

steep ass trail by the golf course i mentioned thats signed as humboldt when it hits guardian

norcalchico at the intersection of said trail

scenery from south rim

norcalchico hittin the jump by the golf course

north rim trail

b trail

i think this is monkeys head

lindo channel by 5 mile ... i can ride this across both ways now

Busted!!!
    Cool Pics.

Whos up for a ride tonite?

when you thinking of going

i was thinking on going around 2ish .... got drinking to do tonight lol

Busted!!!
    prolly wont go till 5. waiting on a buddy to let me know if hes going, if he says no go, then i could bail at 4

already back ... saw hella people ... i was the guy on the trek with no shirt and cargo kakhi pants and a camelbak if anyone seen me

yaha ha
    Quote Originally Posted by Melt

props to the other kids in the black subaru with the black rims
    Mr scott fellers!

so im guessin you know those guys

do you know guys with tan tacomas on black rims? Seen two of em parked near humboldt .... newer one had a rack

yaha ha
    dont have any pics from yesterdays run ... but i got a few from like a month ago when me and snowforner went and hit that steep ass trail by the golf course (sign where it hits guardian says humboldt, but that means theres like 3 humboldt trails!)
    its called winston. or so ive heard..
    heres some frisbeegolf
    Attached Images Attached Images

yaha ha
    so im guessin you know those guys

do you know guys with tan tacomas on black rims? Seen two of em parked near humboldt .... newer one had a rack
    uh no names but i rode with him zach and their buddies one day

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Anyone riding tomorrow (friday)?

Busted!!!
    already back ... saw hella people ... i was the guy on the trek with no shirt and cargo kakhi pants and a camelbak if anyone seen me
    Im glad I went later. Instead of seeing you shirtless, I got to enjoy a fully nekid Hot chick at Horseshoe Lake. Someone must have done alot of talking to get that to happen. There was 2 guys making a nude painting or something of this girl right at the maidu/middle intersection.

Quote Originally Posted by Derekbob
    Anyone riding tomorrow (friday)?
    more than likely not for me, but when you taking off, and where you heading?

Oh yeah, B tail is fully engulfed in PO now. I bought the big jug of technu last night, and still ended up with a few spots.

Top of north Rim @ B Trail

No Mud!! Nice change

So Bright up here

No pic's of the lady?

I took apart my lower bracket and The idrive set up. North rim is getting me new bearings. I should have the bike back together by tonight or tomorrow.I'm taking Chad's bottom bracket off today.

I wish I could ride

Busted!!!
    I know, I know I just caught the end of it. I talked to a coworker who was out running, said they had been there for a while. he thought it was a nice suprise as well.

So you going to have that thing back togethrr for oroville on sunday? It looks like I may be able to make it again. Chad wont know what to do without a creaking BB. I need to swap out my rear derailleur, its pretty bent up and getting sloppy. Hopefully someone in town has on on hand.

Looks good for Sunday.I know Chad will miss that creek,creek ,creek.I won't miss it!

... went again today on the singlespeed and had a pretty good time, had to get over my hangover (started drinking at 9am friday, didnt get home till 130am last night lol) ... hella girls down by browns hole ... the empty 30 packs of natty ice on the shore kinda bothered me though, its like come on the garbage can isnt that far and you arent supposed to have alcohol in bidwell in the first place, so why draw attention to breaking the rules by leavin that **** there?

anyways ill post in the oroville thread to find out the deal for tommorow.

Ride Responsibly
    The creak persist.
    Piviot points?

Mxracer33 you do any ridding today? Chad and I rode middle at about 6 tonight.
    I met a nice guy in the parking Lott.I told him to check out the forum.He said he was new to MT biking but has been a roadie for awhile. I told him about the Oroville rides.
    Maybe we will add another victim to the group.

did north rim, btr, crossed creek, up 10 mi house, down humboldt, down bloddy pin, south rim, climb up to guardians from the creek, then down to the golf course .... on the ss

then my dumbass went downtown tonight and rode home on the skateboard ... my legs hurt lol

yaha ha
    did north rim, btr, crossed creek, up 10 mi house, down humboldt, down bloddy pin, south rim, climb up to guardians from the creek, then down to the golf course .... on the ss
    impressive... just got back from riding SLO and SB

shuttling tomoror anyone?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I rode to the top of N. Rim last night and down B trail. Damn the oak on B trail is insane! I rode up past B trail on N Rim about a half mile and turned around, does anyone know how far that goes? It has been years since I have been up there. The trail continued where I turned around.

By the way, what up. Nice board, I'll check in often.

i heard you can get to cohasset somehow if you keep going on north rim ... the actual trail kinda ends at a vista .... but it looks like there is more trail on the other side of this canyon ... id definitley be up for trying it sometime

today i rode some trail that is the last one on north rim before you hit btrail .... that **** was tech!

i also hit the drop in on humboldt trail and completly ate it .... both knees are f-ed up and i tried to get a plate out the cabinet earlier and had to use the left arm haha

and yea the poison oak is out of hand! I dont think i ever saw bushes of it so big before i moved here

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I hear ya. Those oak bushes must be 20 feet tall and at least that across. Cohasset?! That would be quite a ride.

Busted!!!
    Might Make a run up South Rim tonite around 6:00.

If the parks open tomorrow, Thursday night North Rim Ride. Leave 1 mile about 5:00.

hopefully i get better

ruptured a blood vessel in my left leg yesterday falling in oroville and hitting a metal pipe on the way down ... doc says it isnt serious i went to the hospital today to figure out what was goin on

Melt,
    Sorry to heard that. I hope you get better soon.

mtbr member
    Ahhhh! I miss my days in Chico. Go get an ACA taco burrito after a good ride!
    OPEN Cycles One+ in stealthy black

Busted!!!
    Saturday was a long day, didnt get back in til late, missed the other guys by a bit. Went fota mid afternoon Southrim/guardian ride on Sunday. Was a nice ride. gotta love climbing 10 mile house rd. We ran into a guy that was going up 10 mile house. Talked to him a tthe top, it was his 4th trip up 10 mile house!!!! THAT DAY!!! Crazy people.

Prolly do a tuesday lunch ride and then the usual thursday if the weather allows.

i still cant make it up 10 mi house without walking a little bit .... on either the trek or the singlespeed.

Busted!!!
    i still cant make it up 10 mi house without walking a little bit .... on either the trek or the singlespeed.
    I made it up without stopping, and thought that was cool for my first ride up it, but I was deminished when I saw lowell had climbed it in the middle chain ring! He had made that a personal goal after he saw a guy he was battling with in the Bump rode it without a small chainring on a nomad. Crazy thing was, ha had not been up it since the Bump. Now I guess the mark has been set and I have a new goal . Everytime I think I have made progress the bar gets raised, damnit

Busted!!!
    Tomarrow, 5:15 Hooker Oak parking lot, North Rim, Down B trail back middle/lower, or South Rim UP 10 mile house back Guardian. Whos in?

im out of school at 4 ... if i can make it to my house and get all my **** together ill see you there ... dont wait up though .... ill probably bring out the trek ... 707-287-6357 if you wanna call me ill have it with me

Busted!!!
    Sounds good. Looks like a nice day, a little chillier tahn it has been, but sunny atleast

skippin out now ... its 5 on the dot ... hooker oak here i come

had hella fun ... mxracer and his friends are ****in FAST ...... the lead made it to the top of north rim at b trail in 24 mins! no power line stoppage .... and i actually cleared this one hella tech park i almost never make so im happy ... btrail hella more overgrown from a few weeks ago .... lets do it again soon

Ride Life.
    Just rode up N.Rim and down B-Trail. Nice and tacky after the rain. Loads of P.Oak though.
    35 minutes to do the N.R. to B.T loop. Not too shaby considering I havent been on the bike in 2 weeks.
    Someone built a little rock wall on one of the first hair-pin down turns on B. Caught me by surprise, just a little heads up soyou all dont run into the little 1 foot "wall".

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Thanks for the heads up! It was Earth Day Saturday and trail work day in Bidwell Park so who knows what may have been changed and where. Most of the work seems to be gravel being added to the trails around Horseshoe Lake, but one never knows.

Busted!!!
    Yeah they have been trying to block off that inside line for a while. I think all 5 of us got suprised by it last wednesday. That is about the 3rd time I have seen that wall built up in the last few months. Then someone tears it down. I understand trail maintenance is needed, alot of it up there, but they should also try to make it a little more obvious to avoid injurys to riders.

Removing brush to alow visibility would be a huge improvement at this point. But I guess we cant complain if we dont also try to improve the situation. I got the number for the volunteer coordinator for the parks, and will call and see if it isnt possible to coordinate some trail work days, or get in on already scheduled volunteer work days.

Ride Life.
    im planning on doing some P.Oak and shrub trimming either tomorrow or Friday. Mostly on the lower portion of B-trail; its getting ridiculous.

Ride Life.
    goin today at 5ish.
    N.R. and B-trail
    If you see two Chico State Cyling Jerseys, that'll be us.

Busted!!!
    I wont be going again till sunday, but looking for a good ride to break in the new rig. Maybe oroville, maybe a Bump coarse run.

nice job on the trail yall i rode it today ..... only one spot still needs major work.

oh and OT whats the furthest anyone has tubed big chico creek? I went today from cedar grove to the rail road tracks (yes floated right thru campus lol) .... met some other guys that started at bear hole! .... definitley not gonna do it again though waters gonna keep getting lower. Cant wait to get out on the sac or butte creek.

Ride Life.

DH ride tomorrow

I will be going for a downhill ride tomorrow sometime. Not sure when so if you're interested lets set a time that works.

was too hungover was partying since wednesday this week ... monday im gonna go for a ride though

Busted!!!
    I was going to ride tomorrow, but can't, so I will ride tonite. Should be leaving Hooker Oak at about 4:15 or so. I was thinking up North Rim to Maidu down to Middle then up middle to bear hole and back down lower. Prolly jump in bear hole. Water was nice yesterday afternoon at 5 mile.

ride hard or die
    Mar 2004
    Let me know when you want to trim the poison oak, its starting to piss me off as well!

GOAT

went today singlespeeded north rim down b trail up ten mile house, pine, guardians, and south rim ... did aight im finally starting to get back into the swing of things.

Busted!!!
    Sounds like Melt had a good ride. I ended up going up North Rim and back B trail & Middle. Havent Rode Middle trail backwards from Bear hole in a while. I wish I wasnt so rushed for time. I could have definitly used a dip in the creek.

that bad boy is sweet.

Must be Nice! I like the new bike!!!
    I'm hoping to get a ride in today. Maybe north rim.
    How's the trail looking?

Busted!!!
    B trail is still a bit grown in, but better than it was, especially after the "chute". Poison oak is still a convern, but at this point Im riding it regardless. The rock wall was gone yesterday when I went through. Hopefully people tearing it down arent going to get who ever is doing the maintenance pissed enough to something worse.

Oh yeah, anyone else racing downieville? Im signed up for the XC race on Satuday July 14th.

WE did ride yesteday about 5 :40. Rained so we stayed out for about a half an hour.
    I would be down to sign up for the race.

enter and win

well here goes the neighborhood....

Quote Originally Posted by norcalchico
    WE did ride yesteday about 5 :40. Rained so we stayed out for about a half an hour.
    I would be down to sign up for the race.
    but at the toadly last minute my son chose Chico for college, go Wildcats huh? And I think I may be taking him up to see your little town on May 12th. I know I won't be able to ride any singletrack this trip but in the future can you hook a Mother up??? thx!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbecky
    but at the toadly last minute my son chose Chico for college, go Wildcats huh? And I think I may be taking him up to see your little town on May 12th. I know I won't be able to ride any singletrack this trip but in the future can you hook a Mother up??? thx!!!
    damn its too bad i only saw this now, im pretty sure me or any other chico mtbr'er would be happy to show him or you around. Go wildcats fo sho, cept our womens basketball team has a horrible coach causing us to lose our best player after this semester (amber simmons)

Did your son ever get his truck back?

anyways ... heres some non mtb pics of salmon hole. Other than the mountain biking the other reason i love this town is the women.

lowered integra + 17s + dirt road makes a real harsh ride, i was the dd for the day though.

Ride Life.
    I like the "holes" too but the college kids screw it all up.
    BIKES: ZERO GALLONS PER MILE.

yeah damn those college kids

<<< 22 yr old first semester junior at chico state majoring in recreational administration

double post

abolisher of A$$holes
    yeah damn those college kids

<<< 22 yr old first semester junior at chico state majoring in recreational administration
    I go to college too, but I'm about a decade older than you...and sorry, but Chico is a much better town once summer hits and the student population decreases significantly...still fun, but a lot mellower and cleaner...just my two cents though...

I would say it's probably due to the younger kids going back home to stay with mommy and daddy...the rest of us that LIVE here, try and respect it a bit more...
    I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions --but I don't always agree with them.
    George Bush, US President

Busted!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by irieness
    I go to college too, but I'm about a decade older than you...and sorry, but Chico is a much better town once summer hits and the student population decreases significantly...still fun, but a lot mellower and cleaner...just my two cents though...

I would say it's probably due to the younger kids going back home to stay with mommy and daddy...the rest of us that LIVE here, try and respect it a bit more...

I agree. I really dont mind driving in town once they all leave! It is nice once they are gone, to bad our economy depends on there presence :-p

So anyone been riding much lately? Ive been going a bit, but pretty random spur of the moment rides. We have 3 more weeks until Baby girl #2 is here Im thinking about gettting in a night ride tonite. I went home and swapped out some tires on the Nomad, Now hopefully I can get a good ride in Thursday night and Saturday morning.

im bout to go ride around 2 .... i gotta get the mtn biking out the way so i can study for this hard ass accounting test i got tomorrow.

And yea i know theres a big resentment in a lot of college towns by the locals ... i might be one of those kids who goes home for the summer just cause i cant find no job here.

im bout to go ride around 2 .... i gotta get the mtn biking out the way so i can study for this hard ass accounting test i got tomorrow.

And yea i know theres a big resentment in a lot of college towns by the locals ... i might be one of those kids who goes home for the summer just cause i cant find no job here.

Busted!!!
    Oh its not resentment, its all about pure convenience for me

You should hit up Panda Express. I swear everywhere I have been lately, I overhear someone talking about how they just got a job there. Also, try all the other college kid hangouts. There is alot of job turnover starting about now through June. So alot of openings will be available pretty quick.

panada only pays $8 / hr .... my old job is rehiring me at 11.30 / hr so unless somewhere up here pays close to that im goin home cause ill be spendin less money on food with my moms homecooking.

new plan ..... goin ridin tonight lemme know when you go ... went outside and ill definitley overheat if i try and ride now

mtbr member
    Rode N. Rim to B Trail and then took middle back today. Just wanted to say that whoever removed all that Poison Oak from B trail did a great job, and made my ride much better than the last. Thanks.

did the same thing but ran out of daylight so had to ride the road back after b trail

Ride Life.
    what is the fastest time you have gotten on the N.Rim, B-trail to end of B-trail loop?
    Curious to see what the level is around here...

ive never timed the whole way ... but one time i was able to ascend north rim in 30 minutes to where b trail is ... mxracer33 can vouch that cause he was faster than me ... and one of his friends is smoking fast but that guy races sea otter.

Ride Life.
    I figure if you can make it to the start of B-trail in around 30 mins, thats very decent.
    I havent been timing it each time I go but one time that I did, I did the loop in 36 mins.
    This isnt fast enough though if I want to make the Bidwell bump loop in around 1 hour 15/20 mins.
    FYI: the record for the Bidwell bump (13.5) miles was set by Mr. Mike Adres with a time of 1:10:39.

Busted!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by theilluminati
    what is the fastest time you have gotten on the N.Rim, B-trail to end of B-trail loop?
    Curious to see what the level is around here...

Still looking for big improvement here, but I average 28 minutes up to B trail, and 10 minutes down B Trail itself. My fastest have been 27 up and just over 9 down. The best I have personally seen was 24.5 up. I can only dream of finding the 6-7 minutes that the top guys run North Rim in the bump.

Busted!!!
    ive never timed the whole way ... but one time i was able to ascend north rim in 30 minutes to where b trail is ... mxracer33 can vouch that cause he was faster than me ... and one of his friends is smoking fast but that guy races sea otter.
    No one I know races sea otter. The guy that was just ahead of you went down for 4 days to hang out, thats the closest any of us have ever been. The guy that smoked us all is just fast, and has more heart than anyone I know. Even if I could match his pace, he would step it up and push even harder.

I really wanted to step up my riding before it got to hot, but its going to be harder and harder to get out with a new little one on the way. I see alot of Lunch rides in my future to try and make up for the lost longer rides for a while.

Edit: and yes Melt rode good. It took me a couple of months this winter to get up there in under 30 minutes.

oh aight i was confused .... that dude is hella fast though ... when is bidwell bump?

i wonder if i should join the chico state mtn bike team next semester .... they only ride in the fall (squares) ... but i met the president one time over on ten mile house

double post

mtbr member
    Good Stuff guys, I'm from Chico too, but not from your neighborhood for sure...
    "...the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong... nor yet favor to men of skills..."

Ride Life.
    oh aight i was confused .... that dude is hella fast though ... when is bidwell bump?

i wonder if i should join the chico state mtn bike team next semester .... they only ride in the fall (squares) ... but i met the president one time over on ten mile house
    I've never met you...when was this supposedly?

Busted!!!
    B trail is in great shape now. Who ever took the time to get all the PO and brush cut back really went all out. Thanks

Had a good ride yesterday. North Rim is still kicking my butt,although I still seem to kepp going up there

The upper end of Middle trail is getting very overgrown now. Not much PO that I saw, but pretty heavy brush.

I still have not seen any rattle snakes, in fact all I have seen are 2 gopher snakes (right at north rim parking lot) and one small kingsnake on middle yesterday. Anyone else seen any out there?

Ride Life.
    I saw a snake, not a rattler though. I think it may have been a gopher snake.

Quote Originally Posted by theilluminati
    I've never met you...when was this supposedly?
    a month or two ago .... i was on my blue trek fuel .... 2 guys caught up to me on 10 mile house climbing ... got to the top of green gate and hopped in your camry to head down ... im pretty sure one of em said they were the president of the club .... so if it wasnt you my bad

yaha ha
    dam college kids trashin the swimming holes...
    to the XC bikers camped out at the bottom of winston. thats a STEEP trail.. most people come out of that corner pinnin and boostin through. probably shouldnt lay your bikes down and sit to rest .. we sure had a close call with my blur 4x's nothing tires sliding through.

you have a blur now?

anyone know what happened today (5-18) at bear hole?

i was on south rim when i heard the fire engine ... looked down and there was 3 fire trucks, 3 fire cars, 2 park ranger trucks, and 3 cop cars. Musta been bad .... i also posted this on the chico state myspace board so maybe someone on there knows what happened or we will see it in the papers.

Busted!!!
    http://www.chicoer.com/breakingnews/ci_5929628

Web update on chicoer.com

Guy jumped from cliff, landed short, broke both legs and other serious injuries. Said he was talking to paramedics.

Damn, I watched a friend do the same thing up at spanish falls on HWY 70, not a good day!

Butcher
    Quote Originally Posted by mxracer33x

Guy jumped from cliff, landed short, broke both legs and other serious injuries. Said he was talking to paramedics.

Damn, I watched a friend do the same thing up at spanish falls on HWY 70, not a good day!
    Never ceases to amaze me that people continue to test the odds up there. And now that CSUC is out... and the High Schoolers are about the invade that place daily... you can bet your asss you'll be seeing a lot more of that stuff. Not to mention ridiculously stupid drivers hauling asss on the road after downing a few cold ones up there.
    Here's a picture of the season's first victim in all his glory:

On a side note:
    Any of you guys ride with the Chico Mountain Bikers group?? Paul, Bob, Denny, etc???

(BTW - Spanish Falls is sweeeeet. Hope your friend made it out OK. I rode that Spanish Creek area one day a couple years ago. Ended up on top of the mountain back in the areas where they're clear cutting. Didn't really plan on making a day out of it, but I did find some good stuff up there by accident.)
    Last edited by nickelbolt; 05-19-2007 at 10:45 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mxracer33x

Scary, scary, scary... Water levels are low ... I'll better keep riding...
    "...the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong... nor yet favor to men of skills..."

its funny a friend of mine wanted to go tube putah creek .... i said no way if people are poppin rafts left and right at butte creek already

yaha ha
    you have a blur now?
    yes. selling it cuz i just picked up a sxt. but ive ended up with a bunch of parts through buying bikes you XC AM or weight weiny dh chico riders might want -
    easton monkeylite carbon dh bars SOLD
    easton havoc wheelset
    chris king mango headset SOLD
    thompson 70mm 25.4mm dh stem SOLD
    bunch of tires
    and a blur 4x..
    530 514 1049

ya we were driving up to bearhole around 330 last friday when all the firetrucks rolled through, it was packed with college kids

not really swimming related but last year we saw the climber fall from ~100 feet up at salmon hole and land on just about the only tree/bush in that rocky as s boulder creek bed
    Last edited by snowforner15; 05-28-2007 at 10:02 AM.

Busted!!!
    Rode North Rim last night, finally some progress. B trail still looks great. A little loose in a few spots, but that is to be expected with as much traffic as it has been getting.

Saw the first rattle snake of the year! A nice lady told us there was a rattle snake in the trail ahead of us as we passed on the junction of Lower and middle. We got to the top of the "moon" rock and 2 guys said there was a Rattle snake down below in the trail. At this point I wasnt to concerned. Every report of a rattle snake has turned out to be a Gopher snake so far. Headed out on Lower trail, about 30 feet from the little Spring Creek before the singletrack and meadow, there he was, all curled up in a ball, about 6" in diameter. I hopped over him, as I saw him at the last second. My buddy did the same, but with a little more "enthusiasm". We stopped at the bottom, and I decided I wanted to go back and move him out of the trail. He was in a bad place for anyone coming up the trail. I grabbed a long stick, and he struck right off! Then I just moved him along to about 30 feet off the trail on the North west Side. He was good and pissed by the time he was there, but never did strike again, and was trying to move away as quick as possible while keeping a good eye on me. Looked very healthy, about 2 foot long, 6 buttons on his tail. Figures the only day I dont bring my camera I could have had some nice shots for everyone.

Be Safe, Ride hard!

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0