Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Weekly Chico Rides

99K views 1K replies 82 participants last post by  HTR4EVR 
#1 ·
The Oroville thread seems to work pretty well to get a group ride together so I thought I would start one for Chico.

#4 · (Edited)
Park was closed today, the outlook for tomarrow and thursday is unknown until tomarrow morning.

If it opens up tomarrow then here is what I have planned.

Wednesday lunch Ride. Depart Parking area on East side of 5 mile Bridge 11:45am
We usually make a quick run up middle trail to Bear hole then back down lower trail.

Thursday North Rim. Depart 1 mile (across from caper acres/softballl field) 5:15pm
Usually about 1 Hour 40 minutes round trip. Can possibly leave earlier if everyone can make it, and its decided by wednesday afternoon.

#9 ·
norcalchico said:
I normally have Saturday and Sunday off. Next week My schedule will be back to normal and I can catch some of those Lunch rides and evening rides.
Sounds good. Looks like today will be a solo ride. Travis wont have his fork back till tonite or tomarrow.

Update: finally got aholf of Park division, said ranger was going to try to open trails up this afternoon. So the lunch ride will be out. I may try to go at 4:00 or so, if work hasnt got me tied down.

#11 ·
The seals were leaking a bit, not unrideable, but noticeable sepage.

Here is what he got when he called around. Its a Fox F100 RL fork, so 32mm Parts

Sports LTD: *Neither in Stock, No price given

North Rim: $30 Seals, $30 Wipers, $50 labor Total $110 *Neither not in stock, may order some soon

Cyclesport: $13 Seals & $13 Wipers, $30 Labor Total $50 *Wipers not in Stock

Pullins: $15 Seals, $25 labor Total $40 *Both in Stock, said wipers not usually necessary, but will inspect.

Cyclesport said the shock tech only works a couple days a week, so it could be 4-5 days to get it completed.

Dropped off fork to Pullins Monday. Shock tech not in, would hopefully do it today. Tech was not in as of 10:30 am today to get an ETA.

#12 ·
we shuttled south rim yesterday and the trails were open ... maybe they forgot to change the signs?

props to the other kids in the black subaru with the black rims that also passed that slow ass vette on the way up if you guys are on the board. We were the crew with the black ranger drinking tall boys at green gate.

Ill put some good pics into this thread when i get home from school ... if anyone sees a kid on a bmx holding onto a trek fuel going thru lower bidwell its me ... supposed to get it back from north rim today. BB install (its a dual cup and my dumbass tried to put it in and screwed one of the sides in too far, then put everything togther and then couldnt get the crank back off to center it) ... hes also fixing my rear brake cause the pull sucks .... and my front fork may need to be rebuit.

At least the singlespeed and faith are still in good shape

#14 ·
dont have any pics from yesterdays run ... but i got a few from like a month ago when me and snowforner went and hit that steep ass trail by the golf course (sign where it hits guardian says humboldt, but that means theres like 3 humboldt trails!)

#15 ·
well let me be a slacker and post pics instead of working on my school stuff ... these pics are all from january onward

my car at the top (im on different rims now, probably still the only silver integra in town with a hitch rack though)

snowforner15 at the gap

steep ass trail by the golf course i mentioned thats signed as humboldt when it hits guardian

norcalchico at the intersection of said trail

scenery from south rim

norcalchico hittin the jump by the golf course

north rim trail

b trail

i think this is monkeys head

lindo channel by 5 mile ... i can ride this across both ways now

#22 ·
Melt said:
dont have any pics from yesterdays run ... but i got a few from like a month ago when me and snowforner went and hit that steep ass trail by the golf course (sign where it hits guardian says humboldt, but that means theres like 3 humboldt trails!)
its called winston. or so ive heard..
heres some frisbeegolf

Attachments

#25 ·
Melt said:
already back ... saw hella people ... i was the guy on the trek with no shirt and cargo kakhi pants and a camelbak if anyone seen me
Im glad I went later. Instead of seeing you shirtless, I got to enjoy a fully nekid Hot chick at Horseshoe Lake. Someone must have done alot of talking to get that to happen. There was 2 guys making a nude painting or something of this girl right at the maidu/middle intersection. :thumbsup:

Derekbob said:
Anyone riding tomorrow (friday)?
more than likely not for me, but when you taking off, and where you heading?

Oh yeah, B tail is fully engulfed in PO now. I bought the big jug of technu last night, and still ended up with a few spots.:madmax:

Top of north Rim @ B Trail

No Mud!! Nice change

So Bright up here

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.