mtbr member

A Weekend of Switzerland and Germany

Sometimes the long hours and stress of a corporate job can be brutal. Yes, I know, poor me, but it is something that has taken me a biochemistry degree and 20 years to achieve and demands a lot from an old dude.

However, it has it perks, predominately time and money to travel and often on the company dime. After pounding out a 60 hour work week at corporate headquarters, it was time for fun, so fun it was ...

Having a beer at the top of the current tallest building in Switzerland, soon to be supplanted by B2 being built (this is how you celebrate a long week!):

A Weekend of Switzerland and Germany-img_e4384.jpg

Then on to the weekend, Zermatt, Switzerland (Home of the Matterhorn):

A Weekend of Switzerland and Germany-img_e4409.jpg

A Weekend of Switzerland and Germany-img_e4424.jpg

A Weekend of Switzerland and Germany-img_4433.jpg

A Weekend of Switzerland and Germany-img_4438.jpg

A Weekend of Switzerland and Germany-img_e4429.jpg

A Weekend of Switzerland and Germany-img_e4459.jpg

19.9 miles and 4K of climbing. You couldn't have wiped the smile off (or kept me awake) on the train ride back to Basel. From techy singletrack, to high speed straight aways, to a 5 mile flow trail that had baby jesus weeping with joy (Sunnega Trail), it was epic in every sense of the word. I will be back here for sure!

Sunday woke up tired and with the legs pretty freakin sore. Didn't matter, I had another day to ride and I wanted another experience. On to Todtnau Germany. They have hosted WC and Germany Championships here and are the oldest bike park in Germany. Based upon a coworkers recommendation, I got on the train again!

A Weekend of Switzerland and Germany-img_4492.jpg
    My kind of trail

I didn't have a camera crew or a GoPro along so you'll have to settle with this video from the lift:

While I didn't quite live up to this guys standards, the trail just invited you to be the in the air and pushed me when the blue line joined the jump line (2 different stretches). First time I have ever been to a Bike Park and it was awesome. By the 5th run, I was starting to get confident and hitting some of the tougher lines. It was killer!

A Weekend of Switzerland and Germany-img_e4486.jpg

They had a pretty cool looking rodelbahn but the line was insane. Next time!

Overall an awesome weekend with some serious riding and great food. Can't wait till next!

fc
    head minion Administrator
    Very nice!!!! I go to ride in Zermatt! One thing cool is the town is closed off to cars with a 6 mile radius I think. So everyone has to walk or bike!! Really unbelievable. To get tourists in, they've designed these mini electric shuttle buses.

A Weekend of Switzerland and Germany-bmc-launch-mtb-jeremie-reuiller-861.jpg

A Weekend of Switzerland and Germany-bmc-launch-mtb-jeremie-reuiller-1518.jpg

A Weekend of Switzerland and Germany-bmc-launch-mtb-jeremie-reuiller-1678.jpg

A Weekend of Switzerland and Germany-bmc-launch-mtb-jeremie-reuiller-1925.jpg

A Weekend of Switzerland and Germany-bmc-launch-mtb-jeremie-reuiller-356.jpg
    IPA will save America