Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Founder: Dirty3hirties
    Rode Skeggs. Manzanita, Blue Blossom and lower Steam. Pretty dry. Some small wet patches here and there but nothing even close to muddy.

fc
    mtbr founder Administrator
    I did a bike build. G'dam brake levers had no clamps. So I used some dropper lever clamps. Then the cables were three feet too long. Dang nabbit.

Weekend Ride Report March 10th - 12th-img_5359.jpg
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Rode out at UC on Sunday, conditions were great on the steeper trails. A tree down here and there, but didn't come up on any in a dangerous spot. Got a garmin virb in December and haven't given it much of a go yet, so gave it a little test today. I love how you can start recording and stop even when it is powered off with just the turn of a switch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJoH62JgzO8 , i'd advise muting if you watch as my tunes don't much appeal to many.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekend Ride Report March 10th - 12th-img_1157.jpg  

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    Super stoked to see these reports.

I woke up Saturday with Intense pain in my neck. Looks like I may have a pinched nerve. No riding for me. Trying to get an appointment for tomorrow in case this gets worse. Never had pain bring me to my knees like that. Keep the stoke coming!
    Damn dude, what da hell? How do you have so much bad luck these days?

fc
    IPA will save America

fc
    I got to eat some Korean BBQ!! It was kind of random as my son said, "dad, my friend invited us to dinner." We just showed up and a 3 hour dinner/dessert transpired. I didn't know that baseball family but now I know them quite well.

Weekend Ride Report March 10th - 12th-img_5377.jpg
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    We rode the Foresthill Divide Loop yesterday. First ride for a few of us in 4-6 months. I personally had surgery in November and as soon as my recovery period ended it rained for three months. Ugh. Anyway, for the last eight weeks I have been in the gym and doing cardio to get ready to ride. Yesterday was the big day.

Cardio fitness was solid. Heart rate didn't skyrocket and recovery was good. My leg strength isn't all there yet, even though I have been doing a lot of leg work. I'm heavy right now (not fat as I sit around 17% bf, just heavy).

It felt damn good to ride though! The trail was a little beat up in spots, and there was some standing water but it really wasn't bad. The dirt road downhill had unavoidable water/mud at the bottom exactly where you'd expect it to. It got my bike dirty . Since I haven't ridden for a bit my descending was sloppy but next week should be better. Last night I ordered a new XT cassette and PC 1071 chain as my original chain was starting to show some stretch (btw Jenson is having a decent sale right now - XT 10 spd cassette was $40).

Can't wait to ride next week!
    :wq

Trail Gnome
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    Super stoked to see these reports.

I woke up Saturday with Intense pain in my neck. Looks like I may have a pinched nerve. No riding for me. Trying to get an appointment for tomorrow in case this gets worse. Never had pain bring me to my knees like that. Keep the stoke coming!
    Bummer If your not careful, you might end old like me! Get that neck fixed up...Spring is here

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Is the Aptos Creek Fireroad clear all the way up to Demo?
    There are a couple slides you have to hike/pick your way through but all systems go.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe Ped View Post
    Great photo!

Where'd you camp?
    Thanks! We camped at Ridge View. Easy access from HQ, even with a 30-pound kid on the handlebars and a super heavy trailer being pulled behind the bike. The nearly full moon made everything look amazing out there after sunset.

Trail Gnome
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    For sure. So you ride highway 9 up and then you take uconn/pogonip up?
    Yep...just like the old days before Emma was built. I used to meet my bro, who worked at Giro, and ride up the tracks. Some people didn't like riding that one bridge...so they would use Hwy 9.

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    Quote Originally Posted by SOG View Post
    My guess is Rambler is muddy - I like shuttling that trail with my boys. Will check it out tomorrow. Most likely skeggs today.
    Did you go? If you didn't, near the top of Rambler, the G-out is basically filled in due to a mudslide. difficult and messy to climb over. Skeggs is sooooooo much better. Not even comparable.

fc
    I got to hang out with the Women Ambassadors of Bell!! Hey, cause someone's gotta do it.

Last year, they got rained out. This year, glorious sun!!!

Basically they chose over 10 women around the country, trained/kitted them to do a ride a month with resources and funding so they can infect more women with the riding stoke.

Weekend Ride Report March 10th - 12th-joyride_sawyer_dsc7732.jpg

Weekend Ride Report March 10th - 12th-joyride_sawyer_dsc7747.jpg

Weekend Ride Report March 10th - 12th-joyride_sawyer_dsc7804.jpg

Weekend Ride Report March 10th - 12th-joyride_sawyer_dsc8028.jpg

Weekend Ride Report March 10th - 12th-joyride_sawyer_dsc8845.jpg

Weekend Ride Report March 10th - 12th-joyride_sawyer_dsc8929.jpg

Weekend Ride Report March 10th - 12th-p3090004.jpg

Weekend Ride Report March 10th - 12th-p3090015.jpg
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Women are the best.
    :wq

SOG
    mtbr member
    Has anyone been to Harvey West or Pleasanton lately? I'm building up my new dj this week and want to get an idea of how either of those spots are holding up - thx.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Rode El Dorado Trail from Shingle out toward Latrobe, the East side of the tracks was a muddy mess with several impassible ponds, West side (where it exists) was much nicer. Rode the tracks in several spots to avoid the mud. Saw a couple tracks going through mud that I wouldn't attempt but I suspect very few have been using the trail so far this year.

Dirty by Nature
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SOG View Post
    Has anyone been to Harvey West or Pleasanton lately? I'm building up my new dj this week and want to get an idea of how either of those spots are holding up - thx.
    I was talking about Harvey West with MBOSC Mark two weekends ago and he said it was open again. I keep forgetting to check it out when I'm near there (maybe I should stop doing 6-hour rides).
    Friends don't let friends ride e-"bikes" on dirt.

Nature is not a sidewalk.

mtbr member
    How about Scotts Flat trail or Miners Trail just outside Nevada City? Clear and open or muddy and trashed?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Pleasanton BMX park is pretty dialled, i was there sat+sun last weekend. hero dirt, no muddy sections. i like it a lot more than calabazas because even w/ few skills i can join up a lot of cool lines (and get 6" of air, ha).
    94 Specialized Rockhopper

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin6 View Post
    How about Scotts Flat trail or Miners Trail just outside Nevada City? Clear and open or muddy and trashed?
    I don't know about Scotts Flat trail (except for the very top - that's perfectly dry), but I just rode Miners trail at lunch and it is mostly good to go. If you don't mind really slowing down (like, to 5 mph) about 5 times for under 100' each time to avoid trail damage, then it's game-on. Same is true for Taxi Cab - go really slow for a combined 1/2 mile and it's ready for riding. Taxi Cab may have water flowing down it for weeks after the last rain this year; either avoid it or plan on going slow for a part of it.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by RBoardman View Post
    I rode Pleasanton Ridge for the first time ever today.
    WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    Got any pics to help decipher "WOW"?
    I think it's "Wow, no single track" or "Wow, that first climb is a teddy kicker"
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Z, I don't think he was talking about fireroads.

And FP, wow! You are the hucking cat! Thanks for sharing!

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I won!

Well, I won cat 3 55+ at CCCX Fort Ord on Sunday, mostly because the fast guys from the first race didn't show up.

Saturday I rode up Hwy 9 from LG to Saratoga Gap and rode the Gap out to the Long Ridge gate, then back. It was my first time seeing all that nice trail work there. Sad.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=karlisle;13083880]I don't know about Scotts Flat trail (except for the very top

Scotts is mostly fine but has maybe 10 really yukky spots that seem to be taking forever to dry out. It's going to need work. Miners still has some running water. Taxi is best ridden uphill this time of year unless you just really like a cold soaked butt.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by form49b View Post
    I won!

Well, I won cat 3 55+ at CCCX Fort Ord on Sunday, mostly because the fast guys from the first race didn't show up.

Saturday I rode up Hwy 9 from LG to Saratoga Gap and rode the Gap out to the Long Ridge gate, then back. It was my first time seeing all that nice trail work there. Sad.
    Good work stud! I'm still trying to scrounge a lousy sub 40 to close out challenge season.
    Still searching for my red headed hairdresser Tiffany. "Economic Mother Nature" ... Knocks at door! -AR

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by redhawk View Post
    Taxi is best ridden uphill this time of year unless you just really like a cold soaked butt.
    Good clarification - I forget that anyone would choose to ride down Taxi Cab when Miners is so fun. Taxi is much more of an uphill trail in these conditions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12