Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Weekend Ride Report February 3rd - 5th

4K views 67 replies 25 participants last post by  NateArnold 
#1 ·
Rain rain and more rain. :(

What are your plans?

#16 ·
After Sunday pm, another 2-4 inches of rain.
-------

Scattered rain showers are moving across the Bay Area early this morning in the wake of yesterday's storm system. These showers will taper off through the morning. Wet weather will return by tomorrow afternoon as another storm systems approaches our area from the Pacific Ocean. The attached image shows the forecast 5 day precipitation total.

#17 ·
After Sunday pm, another 2-4 inches of rain.
-------

Scattered rain showers are moving across the Bay Area early this morning in the wake of yesterday's storm system. These showers will taper off through the morning. Wet weather will return by tomorrow afternoon as another storm systems approaches our area from the Pacific Ocean. The attached image shows the forecast 5 day precipitation total.
Some ride today chatter is hitting me phone. Who's taking their chances tomorrow morning instead?

#20 ·
We got some today!

Kennedy today to where both challenges end. Priest Rick/Rock trail and Kennedy. Trail was wet enough to make the going a little tougher ... but I wouldn't change a thing. Ride/Run/Ride/Run Thurs-Sunday ... prolly for the both of us eh Squashy? Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Wheel
No way was I gonna clean this rock garden! :lol:

#22 ·
Tough ride with this dude. Didn't help that he was on a 7 lb bike.

Head in the clouds

It spit pretty much all day but I enjoyed it anyhow

This car for sale...pm me.

Ride: Kennedy and Sereno. Just under 5k footies. 25 miles. 6 mile run yesterday. I'm beat.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#23 ·
Good to see you guys getting out there!

I hung out with Jeni and her women's group skill building outings. It looked like fun so me an another husband joined in. It's hard to learn the basics after learning it the hack way and rolling on luck. Haha When they do the actual clinics it is always cool to watch the participants progress so quickly when shown the correct techniques.

Small group instruction
Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle frame

Finding your balance point on a downslope.
Footwear Wheel Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel

Tetertoter fun
Wheel Bicycle frame Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel

Peek & Push. Firming up the basics on rolling a drop instead of always hacking.
Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle frame

#30 ·
My wife and I are staying near Corralitos on vacation this week, and were hoping to get some riding in. Due to the amount of rain in the area we didn't bring our bikes, but would like to to rent some and try to get a couple rides in.

Any recommendations on some scenic trails that might be reasonably dry. We're willing to drive an hour or two to ride.

Also any recommendations on places to rent would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jared

#32 ·
My wife and I are staying near Corralitos on vacation this week, and were hoping to get some riding in. Due to the amount of rain in the area we didn't bring our bikes, but would like to to rent some and try to get a couple rides in.

Any recommendations on some scenic trails that might be reasonably dry. We're willing to drive an hour or two to ride.

Also any recommendations on places to rent would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jared
Fort Ord is the go-to spot in that area for riding in wet weather (check out MtbProject for details). You could rent a bike from Ibis for $20/day and keep it for 3 days, which might make it worth the drive. You could also demo bikes from Epicenter in Aptos. Good luck!

#33 ·
Rode Stevens Creek Canyon with friends. First up Montebello to Bella Vista. Bella Vista a little too slick for my taste. Going below was even worse in spots.

But, fording the creek was fun. Criss-crossed it several times, and now I know: my bike can float (when I hit underwater rock and went over the side into the water).

Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Mountain bike Bicycle Bicycle tire

Atmosphere Plain Atmospheric phenomenon Grassland Soil

#43 ·
Rode JMP this morning also and a little slippery but just gotta be on point and agree with big rut comment. First time ever I flatted there. A new DHR 2 right in the middle of the tread today between knobs. Stans sealed it up after pumping it back up... Bayview has some muddy spots but passable. Chap still has a big tree down and plans for Thursday crew to try to clear it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

#44 · (Edited)
Rode UC-Wilder today as the final stage of Tahoe Matt's Farewell Tour (he's going on a 1-year drive-about with his wife and 1-year old). It was a great day to be out, although you could feel a storm was coming. Got in 19 miles of good "clean" fun. The Steeper is Better rule applies right now (and sandy/dg trails).

Most of the Rincon lot is out of commission for a while. They're using it as a staging area for Hwy 9 clean up. I chatted up a kayaker who was getting ready to run the San Lorenzo River from Felton to Rincon. He said there were some class 3 and 4 rapids!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.