Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Weekend Ride Report 9/6

What you got so far? Nuttin for me till tomorrow! You folks know francois is gonna want some pic's !
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 1 Week Ago at 03:44 PM.
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    25 miles/4,000 ft in Auburn this morning.

I was too lazy to swap out my Downieville tire setup and it made the climbs a damn CHORE. I don't know why the High Roller 2 bogs SOOOO bad as a rear tire.

mtbr member
    Headed to Chico. Just finished riding the north side and south side down of Bidwell Park. Great ride, great friends, then great grub and beer at The Handlebar.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Raced in Mclaren today, looking to ride south bay tomorrow. Anyone interested in gap trail/skeggs/demo/etc?

mtbr member
    Fri. Attempted a sub 15 to the top of Jones. 16:09 and suffered dearly. Next time, I won't eat a large Tuna Sandwich 10 minutes beforehand.

Sat: Ran and hit the gym...no bike but logged a 3.5 mile run...and cleaned the house. Put in a punching bag in the garage...yipee.

Sun: Hoping to log a large Demo ride...Corral, Braille, Sawpit, Flow...repeat of last week. Hoping for an 8am start to beat any heat.

word
    Peanut butter Tuesday, if you know what I mean!

dvo
    mtbr member
    Just ride more....

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Rode from LG up hwy 9, met some folks and did the Gap loop plus down and back up Grizzly, then coasted back to LG. 38 mi, 5800'. Tomorrow STCP, expect to be shipwrecked on the rocks.

mtbr member
    Rode Cronan in El Dorado Hills today @ 1:30pm in 95degree heat! Big mistake but nice single track. I was jealous of the rafters going down the river! LOL!

swag ho Administrator
    Road with the KOM winner of the Tour of Colorado! Found a new lunch spot right in front of Emma trail!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekend Ride Report 9/6-10615566_10152602377708213_3105834289577613127_n.jpg  

Weekend Ride Report 9/6-10685598_10152602330808213_399104342615634565_n.jpg  

IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Nice to see Ben out Mountain Biking!

mtbr member
    Had a nice ride at Skeggs. Conditions were perfect!

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormhouse View Post
    Nice to see Ben out Mountain Biking!
    He took it easy on us on the uphills. But there was no mercy on the downhills as he smoked us all on our big bikes. His job is road/cross racing but his love is mountain bike xc, dh, trials, pump tracks.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Had a productive day on Saturday

Go get that KOM "You Deserve" - http://www.digitalepo.com/index.php

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Had a productive day on Saturday

Very James Bond'ish song, but I guess it never was one.

Where is that? Looks Loon Lake'ish dropping into the bowl.

mtbr member
    Wicked run at Demo today. Did Corral, Braille, and Sawpit in 2h52m...that's a PR for me for sure. Also bagged a KOM on Sawpit so I guess I am pretty rad. I TOLD you guys! Nobody ever listens when I try to tell them how rad I am.
    Peanut butter Tuesday, if you know what I mean!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smilerz View Post
    Had a nice ride at Skeggs. Conditions were perfect!
    Really? When you say conditions were perfect are you referring to the trails or the weather? I was there about a week and a half ago and it was the worst trail conditions I've ever seen there. Trails that are normally nice dirt just crumbling apart.

mtbr member

Lexington side figure 8

Up overgrown/p.pole to ridge down Priest for 3 grands worth. Weekend Ride Report 9/6-0907141257.jpg Straight away to the launch pad. Weekend Ride Report 9/6-photo-2.jpg Some old guy air was had ! Good pic LG man!

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    Up overgrown/p.pole to ridge down Priest for 3 grands worth. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0907141257.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	921761 Straight away to the launch pad. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-2.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	244.8 KB 
ID:	921762 Some old guy air was had ! Good pic LG man!
    Looks as though I just missed you guys today.

Saturday:

Sunday:

If you’re (The Ancient Rascal™) free Tuesday morning, couple’a us (including Mr. Robocop) are meeting up at my house (the new trail-ready locale) at 9:30AM for a 4,032 footie ride featuring 25 miles round-trip. Gimme a holler if you’re interested, I believe you still have my number. Planned route: Mockingbird -> Woods -> el Sombroso -> Kennedy (may be considering additional butthurt courtesy of Barlow B¡tchslap). Lemme know, dude.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Type A
    Sat - rode with Ryan and JFR in Tahoe. Power line to cold creek to monument over freel, down Armstrong to corral - 26 miles and 4.2k footies. We climbed the new monument trail. I would suggest descending it instead.

Today, went solo and hit up the caples creek area. I hadn't been there in awhile. It doesn't get much bike traffic. I was actually surprised to see one set of bike tracks, because I had never seen another biker out there. There were a lot of fallen trees to play on and I built one nice skinny with a good sized drop on the end. I also cleared out a line over a boulder with a 5ft drop. Went exploring on the forgotten flat trail, let's just say it's been forgotten again. All the pics are from caples.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekend Ride Report 9/6-img_20140907_201813.jpg  

Weekend Ride Report 9/6-img_20140907_201835.jpg  

Weekend Ride Report 9/6-img_20140907_201903.jpg  

Weekend Ride Report 9/6-img_20140907_201926.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skyno View Post
    Really? When you say conditions were perfect are you referring to the trails or the weather? I was there about a week and a half ago and it was the worst trail conditions I've ever seen there. Trails that are normally nice dirt just crumbling apart.
    Rode Skeggs today as well and I did notice the crumbling trail as well. Very dry and lose and dusty. Bring some rain already!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Looks as though I just missed you guys today.

Saturday:

Sunday:

If you’re (The Ancient Rascal™) free Tuesday morning, couple’a us (including Mr. Robocop) are meeting up at my house (the new trail-ready locale) at 9:30AM for a 4,032 footie ride featuring 25 miles round-trip. Gimme a holler if you’re interested, I believe you still have my number. Planned route: Mockingbird -> Woods -> el Sombroso -> Kennedy (may be considering additional butthurt courtesy of Barlow B¡tchslap). Lemme know, dude.
    Looked down at my headset when I dropped Ian off and noticed my shifter cable is almost completely broken off so the 1x11 is down until that gets fixed. Plus I can't run with you wolves. Let me know if I will need more excuses ?

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    Looked down at my headset when I dropped Ian off and noticed my shifter cable is almost completely broken off so the 1x11 is down until that gets fixed. Plus I can't run with you wolves. Let me know if I will need more excuses ?
    If you need to borrow a bike, I’ve got the Kramer Fiber™ 29er at the ready. 2x9 gearing, fully-rigid up front (the way you like your ladies, apparently). Lightest mountain bike I’ve ever owned, you’d approve, surely.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Hole-in-the-Ground on Saturday, followed by tasty beer and pizza at Knee Deep Brewing in Auburn. One slow lap at Tamarancho today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekend Ride Report 9/6-photo-2-1.jpg  

Weekend Ride Report 9/6-photo-3.jpg  

Weekend Ride Report 9/6-photo-1-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherbrian View Post
    Very James Bond'ish song, but I guess it never was one.

Where is that? Looks Loon Lake'ish dropping into the bowl.
    Not sure about James Bond, but Nina Simone's Sinnerman tune was in the Tomas Crown Affair

Just a little granite zone I've been developing as my own little playground
    Go get that KOM "You Deserve" - http://www.digitalepo.com/index.php

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skyno View Post
    Weather was perfect, and trails were good, compared to most in the area right now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast