Trail Gnome Moderator

Weekday Ride Report: July 10th-13th

It looks like Mother Nature is going to turn the heat down a notch, at least around here. I'm sure the inland areas are still cooking though; get out on the trails early. No ride for me today...I know dirtvert will be hitting the trails today. Hopefully he will provide me with the pictures I've been requesting.

fc
    stoked Administrator
    80s all week in San Ho. Ahhhhhhh...

Don't have to use my A.C.
    It's gonna be a good day.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member

Got out the rake

My rosegarden trainer / city worker was out mowing down weeds. He told me to crank up the pace on the laps. 4 miles today. Cooler weather = Mobetter! Weekday Ride Report: July 10th-13th-fullsizer-77-.jpg Out here hiding from the sun. Leaves on trees now no blossoms left.
    Suicide by single speed. Work in progress.

mtbr member
    I checked out Fernandez Ranch near Crockett. Nothing special but a little more entertaining than Crockett Hills however very short. Seems like a place that you have to do laps of the park to get any sort of meaningful ride in. Had the park to myself the whole time I was there.

Over it
    Jun 2010
    Here ya go, Griz! Finally had the Ripley LS shakedown ride at UC with the g/f today. Woo to the Hoo! PRed the goat-sucker trail without really trying. It jumps as well--and way softer--than my HD3 (which is for sale, btw). And, of course, it climbs great. Really nothing bad to say, except that the bars are a little short at 740.

I have a pic, but my file is too big (that's what she said). I posted it on FB, Griz.

Btw, if you lost some red goggles (100's?) on the postal trail, they're hanging on a tree branch. Pm me for details.
    Last edited by dirtvert; 07-11-2017 at 06:02 PM.
    Friends don't let friends ride e-"bikes" on dirt.

"I'm just a big snitch with man boobs!" ~ GGG

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Rode at at Carlmont today, was a bit too windy for the bigger stuff until later when my motivation to risk my biscuit had waned. Experimented with some third person garmin filming just to see if I wanted to mess with it in the future. https://youtu.be/O9q064cc51Y Weekday Ride Report: July 10th-13th-img_1579.jpg
    Last edited by FPtheBored; 07-12-2017 at 04:06 AM.

fc
    stoked Administrator
    I'm not riding. I smashed my pinky on a tree because I didn't have the ride summer tires for Norcal. Boo.

But I feel better now. Ride today.

We called a friend and he buffed out kid's Volvo wagon. This car is sooooog good and we got it for $2k from a friend.Weekday Ride Report: July 10th-13th-img_8526-collage.jpg

We had a bunch of dents...

Weekday Ride Report: July 10th-13th-19510318_10155296632933213_7132890030406427797_n.jpg

And my daughter fixed a lot of them like this.
    https://www.facebook.com/francoismtb...443213/?type=3
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtvert View Post
    Here ya go, Griz! Finally had the Ripley LS shakedown ride at UC with the g/f today. Woo to the Hoo! PRed the goat-sucker trail without really trying. It jumps as well--and way softer--than my HD3 (which is for sale, btw). And, of course, it climbs great. Really nothing bad to say, except that the bars are a little short at 740.

I have a pic, but my file is too big (that's what she said). I posted it on FB, Griz.

Btw, if you lost some red goggles (100's?) on the postal trail, they're hanging on a tree branch. Pm me for details.
    Did you get the v3? So close to pulling the trigger but too many options lately...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Rode some steep Briones today. The fun stuff was super loose. I gotta get better at riding the loose stuff. Almost hit a tree from an accidental drift.

mtbr member
    Ride Report: Still in Europe. Got a call from a friend. His condo at Palo Alto had an unexpected visit, my brand new boss deville it's gone.

Thinking it better, my talas can still last some 4 or 5 years more

Over it
    Jun 2010
    ^^ Sorry to hear, Oscar! It must be covered with his home insurance, right?

C-wal, I don't even know which version it is! It was a 2016 demo, XT build. But it blew me away how capable and fun it is, even with pretty generic wheels (Easton Arc 30's). And it's a 2X, my first in about 3 years, but it's so quiet and smooth I might just keep it! Also, this is my first blingy suspension--Pike RCT and Fox EVOL--and it makes a big difference. #stoked

Edit: Two rides in and the only negative so far is that I'm getting some pedal strikes from the lower BB (a little over a 1/2 inch lower than my HD3). I'll either adjust my riding or carve the roots down to where it won't matter. Also, I'm still blowing through most of my shock--even though I added more air--so that's not helping.
    Last edited by dirtvert; 07-13-2017 at 07:42 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Mackenzie View Post
    Rode some steep Briones today. The fun stuff was super loose. I gotta get better at riding the loose stuff. Almost hit a tree from an accidental drift.
    Yeah, I rode Briones last week, and some of the lines on H&F are straight sketchy right now. Ended up sliding out into a tree, luckily everything survived.

fc
    stoked Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by OS-KR View Post
    Ride Report: Still in Europe. Got a call from a friend. His condo at Palo Alto had an unexpected visit, my brand new boss deville it's gone.

Damn. Nothing but bad news man. When it rains, it pours.

We need to drink a good beer with you.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Damn. Nothing but bad news man. When it rains, it pours.

We need to drink a good beer with you.
    Yup, this summer I am having my particular Oroville fest.

But Oroville resisted, so yesss, I am always in for a Beer

mtbr member
    Weekday Ride Report: July 10th-13th-img_1520.jpg

Got out for a sunrise gravel grinder ride at Fremont Older. In another thread, I was whining about the lack of traction from the Rekon tires on my mountain bike. But ice skating down Coyote Ridge trail on tiny-knob 40c tires has reset my perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Gigi View Post
    Yeah, I rode Briones last week, and some of the lines on H&F are straight sketchy right now. Ended up sliding out into a tree, luckily everything survived.
    Yup that's where it happened to me too. Steep with rocks and roots heading into a sharp left with a tree as you're turning. It was really dusty combined with target fixation and locking up my rear just drew me to that tree. I really wish I had more confidence on that stuff.

Trail Gnome Moderator
    I paid a visit to my old friend China Camp today, it's been a while since I've been there. Wow, it's so dry and loose out there...and overgrown. Not too much poison oak, thankfully. I was disappointed to see that people have been chopping out roots in the trails. Come on people, bikes are so nice now...suspension really works, tubeless tires are super cush...don't modify the trails just because you can't ride them
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekday Ride Report: July 10th-13th-img_1674.jpg  

Weekday Ride Report: July 10th-13th-img_1672.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    I paid a visit to my old friend China Camp today, it's been a while since I've been there. Wow, it's so dry and loose out there...and overgrown. Not too much poison oak, thankfully. I was disappointed to see that people have been chopping out roots in the trails. Come on people, bikes are so nice now...suspension really works, tubeless tires are super cush...don't modify the trails just because you can't ride them

Over it
    Jun 2010
    Griz- That deserves a double dog steaming dump.

Disappointing, but not too surprising.

I got in a quickie at SC. Man, it's quiet out there midweek. I really need to retire (and, no, I don't mean plus size).

mtbr member

Weekday Ride Report: July 10th-13th

Quote Originally Posted by OS-KR View Post

My wife got home and found this on the door. The fork has been in my front door for the last 3 weeks.

Time to find new friends ???? Whatever !!!!

@dirtvert, no insurance, maybe too much partying? I was going to ask you which size is your HD3, but not anymore, haha. Congrats for your new bike !

mtbr member
    You must have been so stoked to find that! I picked up a Bos Deville a few months ago and I really love this fork - it tracks better and handles big hits better than Pike or Float IMO. Have fun!