Results 1 to 63 of 63
  1. #1
    fc
    fc is offline
    stoked Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    27,746

    Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2



    Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-screen-shot-2017-02-26-6.13.28-pm.jpg
    IPA will save America

  2. #2
    Trail Gnome Moderator
    Reputation: griz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,640
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 6.13.28 PM.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	1123823
    It's good to be the King, huh...you let me do the thread when it's raining and nobody was riding, and then you take it when it's sunny

  3. #3
    fc
    fc is offline
    stoked Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    27,746
    Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    It's good to be the King, huh...you let me do the thread when it's raining and nobody was riding, and then you take it when it's sunny
    You have to do it by 6am Pacific. Since that's when Ancient Rascal and Gogogogogogordo finish their first ride.

    Now you have keep this thread alive. And you me a Plinys.
    IPA will save America

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: testa di cazzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    120
    Thinking of riding Tamo on Wednesday. Anyone ride there over the weekend? conditions?
    thanks!

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trackho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    357
    Even El Sereno is a tad jacked- still passable but super thick mud

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: squashyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    4,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Trackho View Post
    Even El Sereno is a tad jacked- still passable but super thick mud
    whoa... I was heading that way now...I'll be hitting Overgrown instead.
    I'm not sure how this works.

  7. #7
    Trail Gnome Moderator
    Reputation: griz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Trackho View Post
    Even El Sereno is a tad jacked- still passable but super thick mud
    Damn...that looks nasty. I just rode thru the slide at China Camp, it's not as sloppy as that.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ancient rascal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,119
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    whoa... I was heading that way now...I'll be hitting Overgrown instead.
    You will find a very wet overgrown and a very dry dogmeat. That's how is was yesterday when I put my mountain cat / LGman ... out amongst the pigeons. I was one of the pigeons but the Ti bike was quiet like a church mouse which made me very happy!
    Suicide by single speed. Work in progress.

  9. #9
    Trail Gnome Moderator
    Reputation: griz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,640
    Got out with my bro for 2.5 hrs at China Camp, and a couple other trails. Conditions were great, even with the light rain we got last night.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-img_1039.jpg  

    Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-img_1040.jpg  

    Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-img_1041.jpg  


  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trackho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    357

    Dear Drama Queen.....

    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    whoa... I was heading that way now...I'll be hitting Overgrown instead.
    No need to be so dramatic--going up you just have to walk your bike thru about 10ft of 6" deep mud-twice-in the 1st 100 yards of the trail--you can ride thru it coming down--might get your Jimmy Choos a little muddy but you'll live. Its interesting because the rest of it is pretty dried out--most of the upper trail is blanketed with bay leaves which are a tad slippery in the damp--but should be dry by now--it kind of rained up here early this am--and you can even bring your dog if its on a leash

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: squashyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    4,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Trackho View Post
    No need to be so dramatic--going up you just have to walk your bike thru about 10ft of 6" deep mud-twice-in the 1st 100 yards of the trail--you can ride thru it coming down--might get your Jimmy Choos a little muddy but you'll live. Its interesting because the rest of it is pretty dried out--most of the upper trail is blanketed with bay leaves which are a tad slippery in the damp--but should be dry by now--it kind of rained up here early this am--and you can even bring your dog if its on a leash
    I'll be dramatic if I want to be dramatic. I may never ride there again in fact.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    I'm not sure how this works.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trackho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    357
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    I'll be dramatic if I want to be dramatic. I may never ride there again in fact.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Just bring your leash and were all good

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    47
    Rode Del Valle today. Looks like the cows have done quite a bit of damage to the trails.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TahoeBC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,786
    May have to head back to the Bay Area after a few more days of drying

    Meanwhile today
    Go get that KOM "You Deserve" - http://www.digitalepo.com/index.php

  15. #15
    Resident Curmudgeon
    Reputation: Buzz Cut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,503
    A slime fest was had this afternoon at Brushy Peak(range cattle were tearing up the ground so why the hell shouldn't I join in the fun) the Maxxis Minions hooked up so well that I was able to climb though all but two of the mud bogs (almost made both) and coming back down was a giggle fest









    mix of mud. grass and cow shit....I love shitting myself in the afternoon...



    took and hour to clean all that sticky goo off the bike

    Warning: Consumption of alcohol may make you think the person on the barstool next to you is attractive

  16. #16
    huck to flat
    Reputation: The Trail Bum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    566
    Auburn was pretty good if you stuck to the steeper trails.

    Eastside was perfect aside from a few ruts that have gotten worse.
    Quarry was a little slippery
    Stonewall to rocky was full brappp!


  17. #17
    fc
    fc is offline
    stoked Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    27,746
    I got to the top of the hill and when I descended, front brake suckedddddd. Upon further review, there was no front rotor. Boo.

    Got to practice my heel down technique!!
    IPA will save America

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DerrickT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    I got to the top of the hill and when I descended, front brake suckedddddd. Upon further review, there was no front rotor. Boo.

    Got to practice my heel down technique!!
    That's worse than tomcat'ng.

  19. #19
    fc
    fc is offline
    stoked Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    27,746

    Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2

    Quote Originally Posted by DerrickT View Post
    That's worse than tomcat'ng.
    I think I still got the downhill KOM. It's like chainless.
    Last edited by fc; 02-27-2017 at 11:39 PM.
    IPA will save America

  20. #20
    fc
    fc is offline
    stoked Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    27,746
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    I think I still got the downhill KOM. It's like chainless.
    IPA will save America

  21. #21
    Trail Gnome Moderator
    Reputation: griz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,640
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Looks like you need a new mechanic

  22. #22
    fc
    fc is offline
    stoked Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    27,746
    Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    Looks like you need a new mechanic
    I pumped the brakes about 20 times before actually looking down and giving up.

    I didn't cut my ride short though and did my JRA Hold My Beer routine.

    fc
    IPA will save America

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: somanygoodbikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    350
    Was just riding along at JMP and noticed a section of fence had been tossed aside into a small ravine below the Sunset trail where it meets the bottom of Chapparal. This fence was put up to keep people from wall-riding the embankment along the trail, and it keeps getting torn out.

    Futile as it may be, I dragged it out of the ravine and propped it up again.

    Might be time to anchor it with some rebar.

    "But, but, mah wall ride."

    Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-before.jpg

    There's still one piece of it down there I couldn't get.

    Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-ravine.jpg

    Not sure how long this will last. Taking odds now.

    Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-after.jpg

    It was a nice day to get out for a bit.

    My appreciation to the persons who smoothed out the braking bumps on upper Palos Colorados.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SikeMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    203
    Skeggs = sticky, mucky mess and the climbs are extra torturous because of the tack. You won't be doing damage riding the steep trails, however. Lots of trees down. Lots of random loose rocks and sticks. North Leaf was about the only trail riding normally. I think it's going to be quite a while before it's back to normal, unfortunately. I may not head back until April.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ancient rascal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,119

    Good news ... Bad news

    Good news: ... Landlord gave the go ahead on setting up an 8 foot long aquarium in my apartment. I have an aquarium business and service tanks so I'm sure that helped. ... Bad news: 25:16 Bike sprint to the tree today. 20 and 40 under challenge on Kennedy trail may not happen for me this year. Hopefully ... I can at least get a sub 40.
    Suicide by single speed. Work in progress.

  26. #26
    fc
    fc is offline
    stoked Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    27,746
    Quote Originally Posted by SikeMo View Post
    Skeggs = sticky, mucky mess and the climbs are extra torturous because of the tack. You won't be doing damage riding the steep trails, however. Lots of trees down. Lots of random loose rocks and sticks. North Leaf was about the only trail riding normally. I think it's going to be quite a while before it's back to normal, unfortunately. I may not head back until April.
    That is a good, honest report. I hear too many... it's 'decent, running awesome reports'...
    IPA will save America

  27. #27
    singletrack bound
    Reputation: Tone No Balone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,576

    Virgin Lines.........

    After a day and night of heavy rains the sun came out and I rode.......

    Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-joshua-tree-palm-desert-feb-2017-015.jpg

    no tracks to follow.......

    Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-joshua-tree-palm-desert-feb-2017-014.jpg

    did see some fresh paw prints running down the trail.

    Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-joshua-tree-palm-desert-feb-2017-016.jpg

    I was the only one out there.

    Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-joshua-tree-palm-desert-feb-2017-017.jpg

    camp

    Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-joshua-tree-palm-desert-feb-2017-022.jpg

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dp400's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    288
    Skeggs = It's better than decent and running awesome! LOL

    Sikemo and I must have been the only two guys riding Skeggs today. Not one car in the lot when I was done at 5:30.

    Like everywhere there is lots of debris on the trails, downed trees and slides.

    Awesome ride today!

    Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-2017-02-28-19.55.35.jpg

    Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-2017-02-28-20.00.31.jpg

    Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-2017-02-28-17.33.12.jpg

  29. #29
    huck to flat
    Reputation: The Trail Bum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    566


    Damper service on my x2.



  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SikeMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    203
    @dp400

    Saw you as I finished climbing GM. Skipped SM because the other half was so muddy earlier in my ride.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  31. #31
    fc
    fc is offline
    stoked Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    27,746


    Testing Mucky Nutz now cause nobody likes wet balls.
    IPA will save America

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: griffsterb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    496
    Skeggs was not a "sticky, mucky mess" at all, even on Sunday. Steam Donkey and Methuselah had water but not much mud. Everything else was dry, particularly Manzanita. It should be in even better condition now.

  33. #33
    jct
    jct is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jct's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    883
    Anyone ride EMT or aptos creek fireroad in Nisene this week?

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    58
    Alum Rock park is still closed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-alum-rock-closed.jpg  


  35. #35
    fc
    fc is offline
    stoked Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    27,746
    My buddy said he'd tumble 4 me.


    Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-16836405_10154915099363213_5329880131140386253_o.jpg
    IPA will save America

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    181
    Does anyone happen to know whether Steven´s Canyon is open again?

  37. #37
    Formerly dvo
    Reputation: mtbrdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,269
    It is to a degree, the creek crossing is deep, the old slide path slid again and is sketchy at best, also as of Sunday there was a tangle of dirt trees and power lines just above the first gate as you head up the canyon. All can be crossed relatively easily.
    Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-img_0762.jpg
    I'm the problem....

  38. #38
    Trail Gnome Moderator
    Reputation: griz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,640
    18.7 miles and 2454' at China Camp today with oteich (Oren). Beautiful day today
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-img_1071.jpg  

    Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-img_1064.jpg  

    Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-img_1058.jpg  

    Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-img_1054.jpg  

    Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-img_1052.jpg  

    Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-img_1073.jpg  


  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by jct View Post
    Anyone ride EMT or aptos creek fireroad in Nisene this week?
    Short ride yesterday in Nisene just up the incline and back. Dirt is good. Some downed trees. Cold!

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    16
    Does anyone know how it's looking at Scott's Flat/Pioneer?

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: patski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    784

    Natoma

    Natoma's in great shape and green!

    Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-fullsizerender-27-.jpg

    Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-fullsizerender-26-.jpg

    Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-fullsizerender-25-.jpg

    Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-img_0335.jpg

  42. #42
    fc
    fc is offline
    stoked Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    27,746
    What da HELL?? Weather coming in again?

    Loop of model images

    Get out there NOW.
    IPA will save America

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: patski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    784
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    What da HELL?? Weather coming in again? Get out there NOW.
    Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-qltgogc.png

  44. #44
    mtb'er
    Reputation: Empty_Beer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,594
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender (25).jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	214.4 KB 
ID:	1124335
    I love this pic. Nice one!

  45. #45
    fc
    fc is offline
    stoked Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    27,746
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qLtgOGc.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	1124339
    Yeah, looks like more of a snow event than a road event.

    fc
    IPA will save America

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation: aliikane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    934
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    May have to head back to the Bay Area after a few more days of drying

    Meanwhile today
    Where is that? Not a track in sight. I have never seen such a large untracked patch in Tahoe like that. It gets tracked out by 9am.

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    358
    anyone have any information on Santa Cruz or Pacifica area trails?

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel Mot View Post
    anyone have any information on Santa Cruz or Pacifica area trails?
    Weekend before last I rode one of the El Granada trails. It's got a massive rut down the center from water flowing. There were a lot of really muddy parts too... between the soil and the line it takes, it doesn't drain well in some spots. I'd imagine Pacifica is similar... was hiking on Montara Mtn last weekend and the parts off the fire road were pretty muddy.

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation: skyno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,354
    Waterdog report: I snuck in a quick ride at Waterdog today and it is hit and miss, but mostly hit. There are some pretty bad muddy spots on that newish trail that circles the lake, as well as on Chaparral and Rambler, and of course on Canyon Creek. Almost everything else I rode is pretty good to go, but you will hit some mud unless you just do out and backs on Upper Creek.

    The weather today was 10/10 and almost nobody out on the trail.

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: flipnidaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,882
    Quote Originally Posted by skyno View Post
    Waterdog report: I snuck in a quick ride at Waterdog today and it is hit and miss, but mostly hit. There are some pretty bad muddy spots on that newish trail that circles the lake, as well as on Chaparral and Rambler, and of course on Canyon Creek. Almost everything else I rode is pretty good to go, but you will hit some mud unless you just do out and backs on Upper Creek.

    The weather today was 10/10 and almost nobody out on the trail.
    There was a mini-slide on Rambler that was a shoe sucker

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    What da HELL?? Weather coming in again?

    Loop of model images

    Get out there NOW.
    Ugh, the way it just keeps coming I may have to give in and order a Wahoo Kickr

  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9
    Hey folks! Just moved back to the bay (Mountain View) today after a year in Portland. Would really love to ride before the weather turns again. Anyone have reports on the mid peninsula trails? Anything other than Santa Theresa open? TIA!

  53. #53
    mtb'er
    Reputation: Empty_Beer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,594
    I haven't been riding much this year (bike and trail preservation), but this afternoon was too nice to pass up. D'oh!

    I didn't realize TBF had a race in EDH this week!!!
    Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-img_8525_medium.jpgWeekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-img_8526_medium.jpgWeekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-img_8527_medium.jpg

    So lame.
    Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-img_8530_medium.jpgWeekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-img_8528_medium.jpgWeekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-img_8531_medium.jpgWeekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-img_8544_medium.jpgWeekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-3.2.17.jpgWeekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-17022423_10210829305681583_7716269916733755108_n.jpg

    Also saw/spoke with the first ebiker I've seen on trails by me. Class 2, by the way. Sigh....

  54. #54
    Slowest Rider
    Reputation: BigLarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,142
    Santa Teresa is open but it's a slop fest. Many auxiliary trails have been made in an attempt to bypass all the slop. Took me an hour to clean my bike today after the ride, and that's avoiding the nasty clay mud of Stile Ranch and Rocky Ridge.
    It's not slow, it's doing more MTB time.

  55. #55
    fc
    fc is offline
    stoked Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    27,746
    New shred sled
    IPA will save America

  56. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dp400's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by redonwheels View Post
    Hey folks! Just moved back to the bay (Mountain View) today after a year in Portland. Would really love to ride before the weather turns again. Anyone have reports on the mid peninsula trails? Anything other than Santa Theresa open? TIA!
    Skeggs is good. Resolution - Manzanita - giant Salamander and all fire roads are great. You will come across downed trees and a few slides so be aware.
    Have fun and get it before the rains.

  57. #57
    Cheeseburgler
    Reputation: gryphonics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    316
    Agreed on Skeggs, went there yesterday afternoon and the trails are in great shape. I would maybe avoid the lowest fire roads, but I road the leafs and some of the higher trails and they were all really nice. Just keep an eye out for down trees. I must have had to get off and walk over a dozen of them.

  58. #58
    fc
    fc is offline
    stoked Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    27,746
    Quote Originally Posted by gryphonics View Post
    Agreed on Skeggs, went there yesterday afternoon and the trails are in great shape. I would maybe avoid the lowest fire roads, but I road the leafs and some of the higher trails and they were all really nice. Just keep an eye out for down trees. I must have had to get off and walk over a dozen of them.
    Thank you for the update. It's been a good, extended period of sun now.

    Too bad on the trees. I wonder when they'll clear them out. No time like the present!!
    IPA will save America

  59. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dp400's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Thank you for the update. It's been a good, extended period of sun now.

    Too bad on the trees. I wonder when they'll clear them out. No time like the present!!

    You are welcome....... haha

  60. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dp400's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by gryphonics View Post
    Agreed on Skeggs, went there yesterday afternoon and the trails are in great shape. I would maybe avoid the lowest fire roads, but I road the leafs and some of the higher trails and they were all really nice. Just keep an eye out for down trees. I must have had to get off and walk over a dozen of them.
    gryphonics - did you park in the new lot and left after dark? If so, you and I were the last to leave.
    I have never seen so many downed large trees and slides. Feels like something is going to fall on your head any min. LOL

  61. #61
    Cheeseburgler
    Reputation: gryphonics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by dp400 View Post
    gryphonics - did you park in the new lot and left after dark? If so, you and I were the last to leave.
    I have never seen so many downed large trees and slides. Feels like something is going to fall on your head any min. LOL
    No, i parked at the vista lot and left just after six. Didn't see another person for my whole 3 hour ride.

    FC - They were definitely doing some logging yesterday. There was a chipper staged in the vista lot, and I saw one ranger truck with a trailer for hauling logs. There is just a lot to do.

  62. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by gryphonics View Post
    No, i parked at the vista lot and left just after six. Didn't see another person for my whole 3 hour ride.

    FC - They were definitely doing some logging yesterday. There was a chipper staged in the vista lot, and I saw one ranger truck with a trailer for hauling logs. There is just a lot to do.
    Shoot -- i was going to ride it tomorrow. Any chance logging ops will close it down? I don't see anything on the midpen website: El Corte de Madera Creek Preserve | Preserves

  63. #63
    Cheeseburgler
    Reputation: gryphonics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by akdmx View Post
    Shoot -- i was going to ride it tomorrow. Any chance logging ops will close it down? I don't see anything on the midpen website: El Corte de Madera Creek Preserve | Preserves
    No, usually there are just a couple people clearing a down tree. They don't close trails or anything.

Similar Threads

  1. Weekend Ride Report February 10-12th
    By JCWages in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 02-23-2017, 09:17 AM
  2. Mon-Thurs weekly ride report: February 13-16
    By griz in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-17-2017, 11:36 PM
  3. Weekend Ride Report February 3rd - 5th
    By JCWages in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 02-06-2017, 09:05 PM
  4. Mon-Thurs weekly ride report: January 30-February 2
    By griz in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-06-2017, 01:27 PM
  5. Weekday ride report
    By ancient rascal in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 10:29 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •