Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    What da HELL?? Weather coming in again?

Loop of model images

Get out there NOW.
    Ugh, the way it just keeps coming I may have to give in and order a Wahoo Kickr

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Hey folks! Just moved back to the bay (Mountain View) today after a year in Portland. Would really love to ride before the weather turns again. Anyone have reports on the mid peninsula trails? Anything other than Santa Theresa open? TIA!

mtb'er
    I haven't been riding much this year (bike and trail preservation), but this afternoon was too nice to pass up. D'oh!

I didn't realize TBF had a race in EDH this week!!!
    Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-img_8525_medium.jpgWeekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-img_8526_medium.jpgWeekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-img_8527_medium.jpg

So lame.
    Weekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-img_8530_medium.jpgWeekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-img_8528_medium.jpgWeekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-img_8531_medium.jpgWeekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-img_8544_medium.jpgWeekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-3.2.17.jpgWeekday Ride Report February 27 - March 2-17022423_10210829305681583_7716269916733755108_n.jpg

Also saw/spoke with the first ebiker I've seen on trails by me. Class 2, by the way. Sigh....

Slowest Rider
    Santa Teresa is open but it's a slop fest. Many auxiliary trails have been made in an attempt to bypass all the slop. Took me an hour to clean my bike today after the ride, and that's avoiding the nasty clay mud of Stile Ranch and Rocky Ridge.
    It's not slow, it's doing more MTB time.

fc
    mtbr founder Administrator
    New shred sled
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by redonwheels View Post
    Hey folks! Just moved back to the bay (Mountain View) today after a year in Portland. Would really love to ride before the weather turns again. Anyone have reports on the mid peninsula trails? Anything other than Santa Theresa open? TIA!
    Skeggs is good. Resolution - Manzanita - giant Salamander and all fire roads are great. You will come across downed trees and a few slides so be aware.
    Have fun and get it before the rains.

Cheeseburgler
    Agreed on Skeggs, went there yesterday afternoon and the trails are in great shape. I would maybe avoid the lowest fire roads, but I road the leafs and some of the higher trails and they were all really nice. Just keep an eye out for down trees. I must have had to get off and walk over a dozen of them.

fc
    mtbr founder Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by gryphonics View Post
    Agreed on Skeggs, went there yesterday afternoon and the trails are in great shape. I would maybe avoid the lowest fire roads, but I road the leafs and some of the higher trails and they were all really nice. Just keep an eye out for down trees. I must have had to get off and walk over a dozen of them.
    Thank you for the update. It's been a good, extended period of sun now.

Too bad on the trees. I wonder when they'll clear them out. No time like the present!!
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Thank you for the update. It's been a good, extended period of sun now.

Too bad on the trees. I wonder when they'll clear them out. No time like the present!!

You are welcome....... haha

mtbr member
    gryphonics - did you park in the new lot and left after dark? If so, you and I were the last to leave.
    I have never seen so many downed large trees and slides. Feels like something is going to fall on your head any min. LOL

Cheeseburgler
    Quote Originally Posted by dp400 View Post
    gryphonics - did you park in the new lot and left after dark? If so, you and I were the last to leave.
    I have never seen so many downed large trees and slides. Feels like something is going to fall on your head any min. LOL
    No, i parked at the vista lot and left just after six. Didn't see another person for my whole 3 hour ride.

FC - They were definitely doing some logging yesterday. There was a chipper staged in the vista lot, and I saw one ranger truck with a trailer for hauling logs. There is just a lot to do.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    No, i parked at the vista lot and left just after six. Didn't see another person for my whole 3 hour ride.

FC - They were definitely doing some logging yesterday. There was a chipper staged in the vista lot, and I saw one ranger truck with a trailer for hauling logs. There is just a lot to do.
    Shoot -- i was going to ride it tomorrow. Any chance logging ops will close it down? I don't see anything on the midpen website: El Corte de Madera Creek Preserve | Preserves

Cheeseburgler
    Quote Originally Posted by akdmx View Post
    Shoot -- i was going to ride it tomorrow. Any chance logging ops will close it down? I don't see anything on the midpen website: El Corte de Madera Creek Preserve | Preserves
    No, usually there are just a couple people clearing a down tree. They don't close trails or anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12