mtbr dismember

A week to give thanks

For perhaps the first time ever I rode four times in eight days. The knees were pretty sore after my Thanksgiving ride, but some extra doses of Codeine the next two days got them settled down a good bit. I wasn't sure how it would go today (11/24) so I took it pretty easy for the first nine miles. With good reason, I'm pretty paranoid about head on collisions on The Connector and FDL. So having someone else lead always allows me to push a bit harder. Somehow I got between several fast women on The Connector and, despite having to pretty much go all out, I managed to keep up. So the rest of the ride whenever I met someone fast I tried to keep up and let them run interference. Most were way too fast to keep up with for very long, but someone else nearly always seemed to come by. Consequently, I managed to turn in about my best time ever, 6:30, on my 42 mile ride. So I decided to head back up Clementine and do another 10 miles. I again finished in pretty much record time.

He probably won't see this, but to the guy with the Doberman on FDL: your dog should not be on the trail! I love dogs as much as anyone, and I was in no hurry. But the dog was constantly in the way. She would zoom by me and then slow down and/or stop to look for you. I was worried about hitting her on the downhills and it's just a matter of time before someone runs into her, especially on The Connector, where you seemed to come from. Yes, people are supposed to be watching where they are going, but they don't. And it is illegal to have an unleashed dog in the park.

I'm certainly thankful for those who led me around, for a great day, and great trails. Finally, I'm especially thankful I live in Norcal, where I can ride this time of year in such great weather

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    ...and i thought you were going to give thanks to family, friends, health, success, etc....

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I would call that a week to receive.......... ibuprofen.