mtbr member

WEAVERVILLE 9 to 5, Sat. Oct. 18, Weaverville, CA. Tinker is coming!

Come and race on the same trails that will be used for the
    2015 WEMBO 24 Hour World Solo Mountain Bike Championships

WEAVERVILLE NINE TO FIVE
    click here to enter on-line

FOUR HOURS OF WEAVERVILLE
    click here to enter on-line

See video from the course.

TINKER JUAREZ IS COMING!

CLICK HERE FOR
    A COURSE MAP
    Course: It's 11.7 miles long with about 1600' of climbing. The first 3 miles is a fireroad climb, followed by a mile of mostly level and then the rest is fun, flowy, mostly downhill singletrack...you'll love it! We'll use standard arrows and ribbon and such. The course will be marked by the afternoon of 5/17.

CAMPING: East Weaver Campground is closest. From Weaverville take Highway 3, just past the Weaverville Airport and turn left on East Weaver Rd., go 1 mile to the campground. Daily fee is $11 per site.There's another campground at Junction City, 8 miles west on Hwy299, and another at Rush Creek about 6 miles out Highway 3. Rush Creek has no water, but it's only $7. Or 7 miles weast of Weaverville off Highway 299 to Steiner Flat Road is Douglas City with 18 tent/trailer campsites, group picnic area, picnic tables, telephone, beach, paved loop road, flush and vault toilets, potable water, and fire rings. $10.00 per vehicle, per night .

http://teambigfoot.net/WV9to5_2014.htm

mtbr member
    WEAVERVILLE 9 to 5, Sat. Oct. 18, Weaverville, CA. Tinker is coming!-whattasmile.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    I'm in! Just need to decide if I'll enjoy it more on a singlespeed or geared rig. Sounds like most of the climbing is on the fireroad at the beginning of each lap, right? How steep/loose?

The course map link on your website is broken BTW. Thanks.
    --
    Check out the Bear Yuba Land Trust trails program
    http://www.bylt.org/index.php/trails/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by memine View Post
    I'm in! Just need to decide if I'll enjoy it more on a singlespeed or geared rig. Sounds like most of the climbing is on the fireroad at the beginning of each lap, right? How steep/loose?

The course map link on your website is broken BTW. Thanks.
    Right, the majority of the climbing is on Weaver Bally Road, a hard-pack logging road. The grade is fairly constant with a few steep pitches (especially the last one) but it does level out a few times allowing riders a little recovery. Traction if good for most of the climb and even the few sections of gravel roll well--they're pretty packed down.

Thank you for the heads-up on the map. We'll get that fixed.
    "Yeah, Humboldt County is way the %#@* up there, but worth it!"

Vegan Athlete
    memine, those pitches that Vic is talking about are steep on a geared bike. Expect to walk them.
    Take a look at and consider "liking" my Vegan Athlete Facebook page.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Can't be much steeper the the Hubolt Race and I cleared all those well enough without walking. the ability to be able to SS a course is a loaded question that's more up to rider fitness and gearing selection. Regardless I'll be there on my SS doing my best to keep the overall leaders in sight, hoping Tinker is still tired from his race the week before. If I get out there to pre-ride the course I'll post up my decided gearing choice here for anyone to reference.

mtbr member
    That first 3 miles or so in Weaverville is way harder than any climb at Humboldt at about 400 ft. per mile , IMHO.