swag ho Administrator

Waterdog Conditions - Passion Bikes Tsunami Fundraiser - Hotties

Good event last night. Please post if you were there. I'll post more later.

Here's the hotties for now:
    From 2011-03-31

Check the album

mtbr member
    album no worky, but hotness indeed!
    (edit, it works, but you have to click on the small date on the bottom right)

aka baycat
    We talking hot Korroke?

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrah
    album no worky, but hotness indeed!
    (edit, it works, but you have to click on the small date on the bottom right)

album?
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1100525...eat=directlink

From 2011-03-31

mtbr member
    eh, teh hotness is in the first pic of the thread..

mtbr member
    After hiking around on sunday, I was completely amazed at how good conditions were yesterday. I thought for sure it would require a weeks worth of trail parties to fix all the drainage, washout, slide, sinkhole and other issues the storms caused, but the trails were mostly in excellent shape. Im sure the trail crew that went out over the weekend helped a bunch, and definitely some work to do yet: the bridge over the washout on upper Rambler needs looking at, the hill behind it washed out more and now theres a gap between it and the bridge, and just up the steep hill from it the hill slid a bunch and pushed the bank and plants to lean over the trail; and the junction of Rambler to lower creek has washed out a bunch more; and various sinkholes and mudslides and some new/deeper ruts to deal with.

mtbr member

Good times!

For those of you who haven't been to a PTB Wednesday night ride, do it...the vibe is super cool...and the shop is way rad with all the newest candy and a solid representation of MTB history on the upper racks...I'll be back!

mtbr member
    That was a fun ride.. Waterdog in surprisingly good shape.. except for the ruts just above the top of Rambler Well, at least I've made my sacrifice of blood to the Waterdog gods for the year!

Warning - fast group is fast! Resist a pre-ride beer at PTB if you don't want to be dropped!

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rat pick

Warning - fast group is fast! Resist a pre-ride beer at PTB if you don't want to be dropped!
    note to self

Fc

ballbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Good event last night. Please post if you were there. I'll post more later.

Here's the hotties for now:
    From 2011-03-31

Check the album
    I'd hit that.

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmack
    After hiking around on sunday, I was completely amazed at how good conditions were yesterday. I thought for sure it would require a weeks worth of trail parties to fix all the drainage, washout, slide, sinkhole and other issues the storms caused, but the trails were mostly in excellent shape. Im sure the trail crew that went out over the weekend helped a bunch, and definitely some work to do yet: the bridge over the washout on upper Rambler needs looking at, the hill behind it washed out more and now theres a gap between it and the bridge, and just up the steep hill from it the hill slid a bunch and pushed the bank and plants to lean over the trail; and the junction of Rambler to lower creek has washed out a bunch more; and various sinkholes and mudslides and some new/deeper ruts to deal with.

Agreed. The trail will be mostly dry by this weekend. Our bikes were not even that dirty by last Wed.

There are a lot of holes and ruts though!!

From 2011-03-31

swag ho Administrator
    Ok, I rode Waterdog again today. It is about 95% dry. It is in decent shape.

Here's the thing though. It is badly damaged. There are ruts all over the place. On Elevator trail, there is a rut about 1 foot deep. On the whole switchback trail, it is just scarred. Everywhere, there are huge holes and dangerous lines that weren't there last year.

Here's the other thing, the place is like a jungle that is waiting to explode in green. Those shrubs have so much growth waiting that they will easily take over the trail in the next few weeks. As usual, poison oak is part of it and it's very hard to detect. They will take over the trail if not trimmed back soon.

fc